Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

some shelby info

Old 6/23/05, 05:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was told today by dealer(owner) that there was a ford meeting recently.Ford stated that cobra was a go and it will be next year(summer)for delivery.Around 7000 will be produced.I am on the list I was told,although,I don't know exactly where I am on that list.I did not want to seem pushy considering how good he has been to my wife and I.
Old 6/23/05, 05:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ZRX4ME@June 23, 2005, 4:07 PM
I was told today by dealer(owner) that there was a ford meeting recently.Ford stated that cobra was a go and it will be next year(summer)for delivery.Around 7000 will be produced.I am on the list I was told,although,I don't know exactly where I am on that list.I did not want to seem pushy considering how good he has been to my wife and I.

My dealer has a list and has taken deposits...nothing above MSRP as a policy.Period. Now we have to hope for allocation.

He said they were told by Ford the GT500 would have a Shelby "'delete" option if you just wanted an SVT package...whatever that means.He's more knowlegable than most of those yahoos.

Brad?????
Old 6/23/05, 06:46 PM
Cobra R Member

If anyone could give me information on where a good dealer is to go through for a shelby, could ya pm me?

My father wants to get one, and is waiting off on gettin just the gt. If we cant get a shelby (for reasonable price) he wants to get the s281e (500hp one). Also dont know any information on how to get one of those.
Old 6/23/05, 07:30 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by hayburner@June 23, 2005, 5:14 PM
My dealer has a list and has taken deposits...nothing above MSRP as a policy.Period. Now we have to hope for allocation.

He said they were told by Ford the GT500 would have a Shelby "'delete" option if you just wanted an SVT package...whatever that means.He's more knowlegable than most of those yahoos.

Brad?????
Sorry something must be in the air!!! Your first mistake was believing the dealer!
Old 6/23/05, 08:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ArkAngelx3@June 23, 2005, 6:33 PM
Sorry something must be in the air!!! Your first mistake was believing the dealer!

I have it in writing.It's a legally binding contract. Believe a dealer?? Some are believable...some aren't.Get it in black and white.
Old 6/24/05, 01:18 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by hayburner@June 23, 2005, 6:13 PM
I have it in writing.It's a legally binding contract. Believe a dealer?? Some are believable...some aren't.Get it in black and white.
Any agreement you have in writing with a dealership exists only between you and that dealership. It has no effect on Ford.

Dave
Old 6/24/05, 02:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by S197Cobra@June 24, 2005, 1:21 PM
Any agreement you have in writing with a dealership exists only between you and that dealership. It has no effect on Ford.

Dave
I have mine in writing also. Say's price will be set at MSRP.
Old 6/24/05, 03:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by S197Cobra@June 24, 2005, 12:21 PM

Dave

Uh..ok Dave.Got that already.I'm thinking you are talking about allocation. What IS your point exactly? We have 5000 dealers and 7000 cars to go around.Granted ...not all 5000 dealers will want GT500s and some will want all they can get.
Old 6/24/05, 05:15 PM
V6 Member

yea i got my name on the list,we were the first to ask but the idiot never sent it in, then we got the number 12 spot.the guy who my mom talked to said the had a meeting in florida and said it will be between 50 and 60 grand.......hes like it wont be here till fall of 07 HA! my moms like they have made a few fbu's and test cars and hes like surrre......idiots who work at dealerships dont know there info
Old 6/24/05, 08:08 PM
GT Member

This is coming from someone who works for a Ford dealer. I dont care if you have it in righting. The dealer has the right to change their mind, and charge, more or less depending on the supply and demand situation. The only time it becomes semi written in stone(and that its totally 100 percent), is when you have car ordered WITH a vin number, and since its kinda hard to order a car and receive a VIN number up front, problems can exist.....
Old 6/25/05, 12:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

(scratches head) No, you're totally wrong, ArkAngel3. If you have a binding contract, i.e., a signed and NOTERIZED contract stating that you have put down XXXX amount of money to reserve XXXX car and the dealer and customer has agreed on a non-negotiable price of XXXX, then it IS a binding contract. One you can sue a delaership over in a court of law for breach of contract, possible financial/emotional damage, as well as punitive damages, which can be trebled in most states if gross/delibrate emotional stress (i.e. backing out of the contract and threatening to sell the car to someone else) is found to have occured. That's why you always go to a delaership with a friend/family member - so you can have a witness to what happened.

Of course, if your contract is hand-written, not noterized, and is in fact just a flismy piece of notebook paper or something typed up by the delaer with fine print releasing them of all liability, then you're out of luck. You'll have to go with alternative methods to try and get your deal. First off, create as large a scene as humanly possible at the delaership to pressure THEM into honoring their word. Their faces get pretty red when you broadcast to onlookers how you were screwed. Waving around your contract and saying this man's signature (point at manager) means nothing is also a great attention getter. If this fails, you could send in complaints to the BBB and write a concise, CERTIFIED letter to the higher ups at Ford explaining how you've been treated (they can pull the dealer's SVT license or better yet give the owner a kick in the butt to get things back on track), and you can contact various newspapers/local media outlets for help. You can also publicly picket, hand out flyers, and put up signs near the dealership (but not on their property) that politely conveys your situation and how you feel you were treated. Man, their tune just might change when one of their lot boys picks up one of your flyers and shows it to the manager on duty.

The problem with a lot of customers who get screwed/intimidated by dealerships is that they don't take advantage of their own weapons. Word of mouth, complaints, etc. They're either too lazy, too intimidated, or they just don't realize that dealerships need US, not the other way around.
Old 6/25/05, 06:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ArkAngelx3@June 24, 2005, 7:11 PM
This is coming from someone who works for a Ford dealer. I dont care if you have it in righting. The dealer has the right to change their mind, and charge, more or less depending on the supply and demand situation. The only time it becomes semi written in stone(and that its totally 100 percent), is when you have car ordered WITH a vin number, and since its kinda hard to order a car and receive a VIN number up front, problems can exist.....

OBleedingMe is correct. Written contracts are legally enforceable in most cases in all states. Your contact at the dealership probably knows this,but if he doesn't, he'll find out the hard way. Once a deal is signed by both parties,it constitutes an agreement.Most states have consumer protection laws about this.
Old 6/25/05, 08:14 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by hayburner@June 24, 2005, 1:26 PM
Uh..ok Dave got that already.I'm thinking you are talking about allocation. What IS your point exactly?
No, I am not talking about allocation. You suggested that Ford would make a non-Shelby version of the Shelby Cobra GT500. ArkAngelx3 else called you on that statement. You replied that you have it in writing. I merely pointed out that getting something in writing from the dealer does not obligate Ford to do anything at all. You can have a non-Shelby GT500 as a dealer installed option .

Dave
Old 6/25/05, 11:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Was at the dealer last night picking up the wifes new explorer(we buy a lot of fords-LOL)and was told that they will be marking up the cobras $20,000 over list.Low production,plus the fact that "shelby" might not be on cobras for long is contributing to this.I will see if that policy will pertain to me also,if it does, FORGET it.Bring on a mach 1 thats readily available.
Old 6/25/05, 11:59 AM
Bullitt Member

I am #1 on 2 lists in Atlanta and to tell you the truth I am not looking forward to paying the big ADM on this car :nono: Also I have the money now and don't want to wait a year so--------- I bought my daughters 50th Anniversary ZO6 with 20.000 on it. It was $36K and flawless!! Its red and kicks butt. 60mph in 4 sec. flat and the 1/4 mi. in 12.45 sec at 115mph. It also looks way cool. All that for that price was a deal to jump on. I am very satisfied since I,m tired of playing these waiting games. It has 405 hp and will take out a 6 speed C6 with the Z51 pack easily. It weighs 3120/405 hp = 7.7 lbs/hp so it flat out moves. Has a flat torque curve and tops out at 175mph.and still gets 28 mpg highway and 19mpg city. So if any body wants my place in line let me know because deposits are coming up this week.
Old 6/25/05, 03:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by S197Cobra@June 25, 2005, 7:17 AM
No, I am not talking about allocation. You suggested that Ford would make a non-Shelby version of the Shelby Cobra GT500. ArkAngelx3 else called you on that statement. You replied that you have it in writing. I merely pointed out that getting something in writing from the dealer does not obligate Ford to do anything at all. You can have a non-Shelby GT500 as a dealer installed option .

Dave

You are very confused about this.Let me clarify...I have a purchase agreement with a dealer to buy a Shelby GT500 Convert.at MSRP ,provided my dealer can get one.

Separately, I mentioned the dealer told me there might be some sort of "Shelby Delete" option for the GT500.

ArkAngel said the dealer can change his mind on pricing..which is incorrect in my circumstance.Maybe you should read this stuff before you light off your flamethrower.
Old 6/25/05, 03:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by jwenger@June 25, 2005, 11:02 AM
I am #1 on 2 lists in Atlanta and to tell you the truth I am not looking forward to paying the big ADM on this car :nono: Also I have the money now and don't want to wait a year so--------- I bought my daughters 50th Anniversary ZO6 with 20.000 on it. It was $36K and flawless!! Its red and kicks butt. 60mph in 4 sec. flat and the 1/4 mi. in 12.45 sec at 115mph. It also looks way cool. All that for that price was a deal to jump on. I am very satisfied since I,m tired of playing these waiting games. It has 405 hp and will take out a 6 speed C6 with the Z51 pack easily. It weighs 3120/405 hp = 7.7 lbs/hp so it flat out moves. Has a flat torque curve and tops out at 175mph.and still gets 28 mpg highway and 19mpg city. So if any body wants my place in line let me know because deposits are coming up this week.

Well...two things..A.)nail down MSRP at least before you put down any deposits
B.)Glad you like your Vette. Is there a forum for that sort of thing? I respect your numbers and everything, but Vette stories may be best told on a place other than a Mustang hang-out.Just my 2 cents.
Old 6/25/05, 05:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jwenger, congrats on your purchase of a fine vehicle.

Hayburner, chill out. Although this board is Mustang biased, all posters are welcome until they start becoming a nuisance by antagonizing the other posters. please respect other people's opinions and viewpoints. He did not come on here to hail all corvettes and doom all mustangs. He has been waiting on the Cobra as long as the rest of us have, he just ran out of patients and fears the markups. I am sure you have a lot to contribute to this site without fighting with everyone. It seems that each thread you visit ends up an argument with someone.
Old 6/25/05, 05:33 PM
dke
Bullitt Member

O'bleeding.... I agree with the gist of what you said. I do think contract law varies a little by state. (So it might hold up better in some than others).

Another thing is remember is that dealers have notaries on staff -- so just get the guy ready to write it up -- then say, "let's bring the notary in". Even on flimsy notebook paper, and something roughly done, if it is stamped/notarized holds some weight.

Also you don't have to just suit them for breach of contact (the big thing), I think you could take it to small claims and get up to $5K difference between price they agreed upon, and one you finally got it for (plus wait time, etc.).

Lastly, you said making a stink about it can be an effective method. Agreed. I've seen people picket a dealership, with evidence for customers, or pay to run an ad in the paper. (Just have your evidence in place). A lot of energy, but it will certainly teach the scummy dealerships a lesson. Another method is to take it to local TV channels -- they often have the "5 on your side" or other consumer advocate segments, and would love it if you showed up with documentation. Recording conversations (helps where legal), as does documentation. If I made a deal like with a dealer -- I'd document everything. Who you spoke to, dates/times, who was there, what the weather was like, when you called back to ask for status and who you spoke to, and so on.
Old 6/25/05, 09:20 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by hayburner@June 25, 2005, 1:41 PM
You are very confused about this.Let me clarify...I have a purchase agreement with a dealer to buy a Shelby GT500 Convert.at MSRP ,provided my dealer can get one.

Separately, I mentioned the dealer told me there might be some sort of "Shelby Delete" option for the GT500.

ArkAngel said the dealer can change his mind on pricing..which is incorrect in my circumstance.Maybe you should read this stuff before you light off your flamethrower.
Now that makes more sense. However, your post was not at all clear on it. When arkangel replied, he marked your comment about the non-Shelby GT500 in bold, directing his reply at that. And so when you replied to him, quoting what he said, and said you had it in writing, I assumed it was in reference to the part he had called you on (the part in bold).

Having a purchase agreement to buy at MSRP when the car becomes available makes perfect sense, that I can easily believe.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: some shelby info