Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Shelby mustang

Search this Thread

Old 6/3/05, 09:50 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by iceman241@June 3, 2005, 9:39 AM
Holerca1 your telling me they only made 300 03 cobras also? Who here knows anyone who got a 03 cobra for msrp when it first came out anyone anyone? If noone got a 03 cobra for msrp when it came out noway in heck your getting a 07 shelby that is going to be the most sought after car since the 67 shelby.
No, I said they only made 300 2000 Cobra Rs. They made 13,000+ '03 Cobra Coupes and Covertibles.
Old 6/4/05, 09:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you dont get what im trying to say since they made so many 03 cobra any one get them for msrp when it first came out. If you didnt get one of those for msrp what makes you think you will get a shelby where there will be few made each year for msrp?
Old 6/5/05, 12:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by iceman241@June 4, 2005, 9:30 AM
you dont get what im trying to say since they made so many 03 cobra any one get them for msrp when it first came out. If you didnt get one of those for msrp what makes you think you will get a shelby where there will be few made each year for msrp?

.....ah, thats because i have it in writing !!
Old 6/6/05, 09:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Fia well when you get the GT500 for msrp that is when i start to put periods and punctuations wont ever happen.
Old 6/6/05, 10:21 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by iceman241@June 4, 2005, 7:30 AM
You're high. Out of the 15 people I know who own 03 Cobras, one of them paid over MSRP. The rest paid something less. And I personally waited and bought one used with 3k miles for under $24k.

Try to remember we're talking about Mustangs. People with $40K to blow on a toy are frequently snobbish towards Mustangs. So you only have the enthusiasts left. And that pool will be exhausted after the first half year or so.

My local dealer told me before the 03 Cobra came out that they would be getting THREE for the entire 2003 production run. Does that sound familiar? That same dealer had two dozen '03 Cobras on their lot exactly one year later. The dealers want your money, and they'll do whatever it takes to convince you to give it to them. Including lying.

Dave
Old 6/6/05, 01:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah but you have to consider this those where ordinary mustangs this is going to be a legend shelby has always been the top mustang the name alone will make people pay more. Have you seen anyone get a shelby for msrp not in this country and it wont start anytime soon.
Old 6/6/05, 01:58 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally posted by iceman241@June 6, 2005, 1:58 PM
Yeah but you have to consider this those where ordinary mustangs this is going to be a legend shelby has always been the top mustang the name alone will make people pay more. Have you seen anyone get a shelby for msrp not in this country and it wont start anytime soon.
Considering it has been almost 40 years since there was a Shelby, I haven't seen anyone get a Shelby for MSRP, for less or for more. There hasn't been a Shelby since I was born.
Old 6/14/05, 09:21 PM

Originally posted by iceman241@May 31, 2005, 1:40 PM
Fiacobra none is going to get for msrp its going to be like the ford GT they only made 800 a year and msrp on them is 140-150grand but they run around 200 to 300grand it will be the same way with the GT500 you actually think someone will give it to you for msrp when they can make a heck of alot more money on it i dont think so salesman are not that stupid there is noway you are anyone is getting it for msrp when it comes out. And when it does come out you will see yourself you wont get it for msrp and ill be here to say i told you so.
I think a few of you guys don't know what MSRP is..... Its the 'Manufacturers "SUGGESTED" retail price'. This is already the inflated price, or the window sticker. For example: A 2004 Cobra convertible in Canada last year had a msrp, or 'sticker' price of $52,565.00. I talked to a few dealers, and they would go as low as $44,000 (Canadian dollars) You think they are losing money? No...they are still making a decent profit.
:scratch:
Old 6/18/05, 03:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by FMT57@June 14, 2005, 8:24 PM
I think a few of you guys don't know what MSRP is..... Its the 'Manufacturers "SUGGESTED" retail price'. This is already the inflated price, or the window sticker. For example: A 2004 Cobra convertible in Canada last year had a msrp, or 'sticker' price of $52,565.00. I talked to a few dealers, and they would go as low as $44,000 (Canadian dollars) You think they are losing money? No...they are still making a decent profit.
:scratch:
Anybody who is serious about this should remind their dealer that all Penske dealers HAVE TO SELL FOR MSRP at the most.Nothing more.

Just how many of us are serious and will actually GET a Shelby remains to be seen. There is some smack talk in here...I.E. Robert,let's leave politics somewhere else, we could go on for days.
Old 6/26/05, 09:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

I just had a thought I'd like to share.

Let's look at this from the perspective of a dealership. They see all these people who are frothing at the mouth to get on a "list." So they tell all these "stinkers" they'll marking up the cars because they think that you want the car so badly you'll pay almost anything for it. They are probably thinking if these people are stupid enough to put down a large deposit for a car whose specs aren't even solidified yet, they will do anything to own a Shelby. So they think they can make an obscene amount of money off of you.

Now, I'm not trying to insult anyone here. I'm just trying to look at it from a dealership's perspective.

For example, take this instance: Pretend you're a salesman at a high volume Ford dealership. You have two brand new 2005 Mustang GTs on the showroom floor. Your dealership has marked them up 10k each. Two customers walk in, and both are interested in one of the '05s. One of the customers has been on a waiting "list" for the GT for months. He's been calling every other day asking for updates about the car, when they'll have one in stock, etc. The other customer is just a guy who came in off the street. You don't know who he is.

The customer who's been waiting for months sees the car and runs in to your office to begin the paperwork. He doesn't care about the price, all he wants is to own an '05 Mustang GT. So he gets his car... for 10k over sticker. The other customer is much more of a tough cookie. He has information with him on the car's true invoice from some damned website (TMS, maybe?) and he laughed at your 10k markup. You want to move the car so you can get a bigger '06 allocation. So you sell it to him for 1k under MSRP.

See my point? The dealerships think everyone who's calling them to be put on a "list" is like the first guy in our little story. They want the car, and they'll do anything for it. This is why most of the people reporting back to Mustang/Ford enthusiast forums may be getting such high prices. The dealerships think anyone who is stupid enough to inquire about this car so early must be frothing at the mouth.

Has anyone else thought of this? Just curious.
Old 6/26/05, 12:35 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Robert@June 1, 2005, 6:56 PM
Those in Canada are guaranteed to get it for MSRP - price gouging is strictly controlled here.

So, just another one of iceman's uninformed rants.

I checked with my local SVT dealer in Saskatoon (Canada) and there is a list going. For $1000 I was able to secure spot #9. The sales manager told me that they will not be selling to people who they felt will turn around and sell the car for an inflated price. This suggests to me that they themselves will not be selling over MSRP. All of the SVT and Saleen vehicles they have sold have been at the MSRP or lower.

Old 6/26/05, 09:19 PM
GT Member

I'm first on my local dealership's list for the convertible, and won't have to pay any deposit and won't be paying over MSRP. I've built up a relationship via trust and friendship, and it pays off. If something would change in the future and I lose my spot, so be it. If I have to wait a year and get X plan, life wouldn't be all that bad...

Dan
Old 6/26/05, 09:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm first on the list. MSRP. Deposit only when actual order is placed. I have never bought from this dealership before, but, they realize the value of returning customer. They know I'll need new Pickups for me and minivans/SUVs for my wife. Someday, I'll need cars for my 10, 9 and 5 year old kids. That is a lot of car sales over the next 11 years if I am happy with them. Too bad so many dealers don't see it that way.
Old 7/1/05, 07:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Went to my local dealer where I have purchased three new cars and two Mustang GTs this year. I wanted to place a deposit on a 07 Shelby. I told them I was willing to pay full sticker price. They informed me that they would be selling at least $2500.00 and maybe more over MSRP. Needless to say I will no longer purchase there.
Valley Ford Hazelwood, MO.
Old 1/26/08, 07:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by iceman241
Ok crazy horse and Fia cobra when you get a shelby for msrp price that will be when pigs fly and when your able to put a payment down on the car also right now that will be when heck freezes over cause like i said noone on the planet is getting the shelby for msrp i promise you that looks like your car salesman is just messing with you and noone has there name or is able to put a down payment on the car right now cause noone knows how many cars they will get on there lot or if they will get any or have you heard there isnt going to be many produced so that right there tells me your lieing. I know all about this car from top to bottom i have been reading up on this car and trust me i know heck of lot more then you are that other guy about it. Also i can prove your lieing about putting a down payment on the car cause if you did they give you some sort of paper saying you did so why dont you put it up on here to show people you put a down payment on it you cant cause you havent your lieing. And about being 40grand actually rumor is it will be under 40grand around 39grand but thats just it its a rumor just like you getting the shelby for msrp and putting a down payment on it thats a rumor also until you can prove it.

Sorry for the grave dig but it was done mainly out of humor. I'm wondering where "Iceman" is now-a-days. I'd love for him to come back to the boards and see pigs fly!!
Old 1/26/08, 01:37 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

2.5 years later. Wow, that's a long time to get to MSRP.
Old 1/27/08, 02:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
2.5 years later. Wow, that's a long time to get to MSRP.
True, but these cars weren't available for another 1.5 years after these posts.
He was such a character but i actually enjoyed his crazy comments/opinions.
Old 1/27/08, 05:23 PM

Does he own a black vert GT500?
Old 1/27/08, 06:19 PM
Bullitt Member

I have no idea.....is he still posting here?
Old 1/27/08, 08:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess pigs do fly. I got mine at MSRP at the dealer I was speaking of above.

2006, I don't think it is the same iceman. I know that one well. He speaks much better English than that guy. He is not that argumentative either. Chris (the iceman with the Black vert) is actually a really good guy.

Quick Reply: Shelby mustang