Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Roush Stage 2

Search this Thread

Old 4/10/05, 02:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm looking into getting a Roush Stage 2 but i cannot find any information anywhere. If anyone has any info at all whatsoever please post it.
Old 4/10/05, 11:32 PM
Cobra Member

Where are you located? We just received our first Roush Stangs. See this thread...
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=21173
I can order a Stage 2 if it is mutually convenient...
Old 4/11/05, 09:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Stage 2 production is just beginning so it may be a little bit until you begin to see more of them.
Old 4/11/05, 03:09 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm from Missouri so OK really wouldn't be all that far. What kinda price are you askin for those stage 2's? And a couple other things, is it possible to get a Roush without the interior carbon fiber stuff? I prefer the silver IUP. And when is that hood scoop going to be available??
Old 4/11/05, 06:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by THebb22@April 11, 2005, 3:12 PM
I'm from Missouri so OK really wouldn't be all that far. What kinda price are you askin for those stage 2's? And a couple other things, is it possible to get a Roush without the interior carbon fiber stuff? I prefer the silver IUP. And when is that hood scoop going to be available??
I'll check into the Stage 2's and get back to you; right now we just have the Sport. The hood scoop should be available by now I believe...
Old 4/20/05, 04:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by THebb22@April 11, 2005, 3:12 PM
I dunno if Roush will change for the S2's, but all their S1's are non-IUP cars - ie, no 'silver' dash trim.

Hood scoops are shipping - I got mine two weeks ago.

If you can't find exactly what you're looking for, you may want to consider what I did - buy a GT of your liking and then buy as much of the Roush kit as you want and have it added. I went for bodykit and exhaust and it will end up running me around $3000 - $3500, painted and installed.

The full Roush kit (includes leather seat covers, badging, replacement pedals etc...) is going for around $8500, I believe. You'd have to add paint/install on top of that. For that kind of money, if you can find a dealer who won't markup the price, you're almost better off just buying the car from them.

I'll be interested to see how those S2's add to the S1.
Old 4/24/05, 10:09 PM
Bullitt Member

I have some info for you.

You are going to spend a bunch of money on plastic doo-dads and then get those
phoney scoops blown off by a GT500. This will then be you :bang: making payments on your "investment".
Old 4/25/05, 02:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by hayburner@April 24, 2005, 10:12 PM

phoney scoops blown off by a GT500. This will then be you :bang: making payments on your "investment".

...or...

Get the Roush now, buy a bunch of bolt-ons (incl. s/charger) and have the car you want TODAY with the power of the GT500, a year before they even take orders on the 500? Oh, and still have cash left over.
Old 4/25/05, 05:22 PM
Bullitt Member

lol ....I can't help but laugh at those last couple of comments. I would go for a GT500 but its going to be too expensive for me and I'm not going to wait around 2 more years for a new vehicle. I would like to get something new soon, and I'm only alotted a certain amount of money...enough for a Roush, not even close to enough for a Shelby. After I get my car then I might start using some of my own money to buy some more parts.
Old 4/25/05, 05:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by THebb22@April 25, 2005, 5:25 PM
lol ....I can't help but laugh at those last couple of comments. I would go for a GT500 but its going to be too expensive for me and I'm not going to wait around 2 more years for a new vehicle. I would like to get something new soon, and I'm only alotted a certain amount of money...enough for a Roush, not even close to enough for a Shelby. After I get my car then I might start using some of my own money to buy some more parts.
Finally got mine back this w/e. Pics are in the main 2005 forum (if you haven't already seen em) - thread = 'Holy Shoot! 2005 S1 in thu hizouse', or something similarly inane
Old 4/25/05, 10:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by celticstanger+April 25, 2005, 1:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(celticstanger @ April 25, 2005, 1:47 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-hayburner@April 24, 2005, 10:12 PM

...or...

Get the Roush now, buy a bunch of bolt-ons (incl. s/charger) and have the car you want TODAY with the power of the GT500, a year before they even take orders on the 500? Oh, and still have cash left over.
[/b][/quote]

:scratch: Getting into some fuzzy math here Celtic....Your Roush + supercharger
will cost how much??? What will it be worth in 10 years?
I'll take the Shelby, patiently.
Old 4/26/05, 10:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by hayburner@April 25, 2005, 10:09 PM
<$40K, even with the upgraded shoes on my car.

It'll be worth every bit as much as it is today - to me (the only person I'm trying to please).

Lemme see your Cobra.
Old 4/26/05, 01:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by hayburner+April 25, 2005, 10:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hayburner @ April 25, 2005, 10:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by celticstanger@April 25, 2005, 1:47 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-hayburner
@April 24, 2005, 10:12 PM

...or...

[/b][/quote]
Yeah, because all cars are great "investments"...I always worry about what my car will be worth in 10 years
In 10 years, neither car will be worth half of tyhe original price, so as celticstanger hinted, buy what you want and enjoy it, and don't bash other people for doing the same thing... :nono:
Old 4/26/05, 10:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by PACETTR+April 26, 2005, 12:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PACETTR @ April 26, 2005, 12:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
<!--QuoteBegin-hayburner

...or...

Yeah, because all cars are great "investments"...I always worry about what my car will be worth in 10 years
In 10 years, neither car will be worth half of tyhe original price, so as celticstanger hinted, buy what you want and enjoy it, and don't bash other people for doing the same thing... :nono:
[/b][/quote]
10 years....ok. 20 years? Go Shelby. Any idea what a 68 GT500KR
goes for these days? I'll enjoy the GT500 plenty and take any bet you want on which will be worth more. "Bash other people"??? Taking this a little personal, aren't ya? Geez..
I'm talking about cars.
Old 4/27/05, 07:37 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by hayburner+April 26, 2005, 10:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hayburner @ April 26, 2005, 10:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by PACETTR@April 26, 2005, 12:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-hayburner

...or...

goes for these days? I'll enjoy the GT500 plenty and take any bet you want on which will be worth more. "Bash other people"??? Taking this a little personal, aren't ya? Geez..
I'm talking about cars.
[/b][/quote]
Anyone buying a car for a 20 year investment is a complete and total idiot. Period. There is no way to know what a car will be worth in 20 years. How many 68 GT500KR's were made? PLEASE. And you are openly bashing cars which other people are on here to discuss in a positive manner. If you don't like the car, so be it; I just don't think it necessary to berate someone else's decision... :nono:
Old 4/27/05, 10:15 AM
Bullitt Member

I liked my response in the other thread so much, I thought I'd add it here - it fits equally well...

Man, I'm SO glad you joined these threads. Your comments have been so insightful and your criticism has been constructive and well thought out.

Still haven't seen your "Cobra". Instead of cluttering this place with your stink, why don't you run on out and snap a shot of someone's Cobra and post it already?!?
Old 4/27/05, 10:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by PACETTR+April 27, 2005, 6:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PACETTR @ April 27, 2005, 6:40 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by hayburner@April 26, 2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by PACETTR@April 26, 2005, 12:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-hayburner

...or...

I'm talking about cars.
Anyone buying a car for a 20 year investment is a complete and total idiot. Period. There is no way to know what a car will be worth in 20 years. How many 68 GT500KR's were made? PLEASE. And you are openly bashing cars which other people are on here to discuss in a positive manner. If you don't like the car, so be it; I just don't think it necessary to berate someone else's decision... :nono:
[/b][/quote]

Let's take what you just said point by (lame )point.....

A.) If you were smart enough to buy a Boss 429 in 69 or 70, you would have a VERY valuable car today.You would have enjoyed it all this time ,sell it now and put 2 kids thru college. If this sounds idiotic to you, I guess you don't get it and never will."Period".

B.)There were 993 GT 500 KR's made. If you buy a limited production high performance car , keep it long enough and keep it nice...the value will go up. The value depends on a number of things, even the ecomony,but you will be able to sell it for a multiple of what you paid for it. Most cars are just used up and smashed...a few cars are ok investments over time. Like I said ,limited production and high performance are good bets. I bought a KR convertible from a guy who needed college money in 1978 for $4500.I sold it last year for $105,000.Yeah, idiotic, huh? Guess I'm am idiot

C.)I'm merely pointing out to you and others an obvious fact :not everything you do to a car will be widely accepted as tasteful and value enhancing. Most of this junk does just the opposite and makes your wallet a lot thinner. If you like it ,good for you. Don't expect everybody else to. I hope you like it a lot ,because you won't get that money back. Am I berating your decision? Not really.It's a free country and a free economy. Somebody is going to make money, somebody is going to spend money ,others will waste money. Which category do you want to be in?? I've chosen mine .
Old 4/27/05, 10:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by celticstanger@April 27, 2005, 9:18 AM
I liked my response in the other thread so much, I thought I'd add it here - it fits equally well...

Man, I'm SO glad you joined these threads. Your comments have been so insightful and your criticism has been constructive and well thought out.

Still haven't seen your "Cobra". Instead of cluttering this place with your stink, why don't you run on out and snap a shot of someone's Cobra and post it already?!?
Celtic....If you've seen a 2004 Cobra before ,you know what my car looks like. If you are looking for some kind of personal validation from a car (a ROUSH,no less)
you may come up short. You seem to be taking this personally.It's just a car. Can you not tolerate a difference of opinion?
Old 4/27/05, 10:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Too many quotes!

MY points are lame?

Production-line Cobras will become high-value "classics" in 20 years?

Like I said elsewhere, Cobras are cool. Classic cars in 20 years? I'm predicting...no!

I've already had tons of thumbs-up, rock-on and other various 'yee-haws' for my car. I've had people follow me to the store/down-town/fast food joint, just to tell me how fn sweet my car looks.

My car choices are based upon a mix of performance, looks, sound and fun-factor. This car satisfies all requirements. If you're buying Cobras so that in 20 years time you can put your kids through school...

...oh, you're too much! Make it stop!

:EDIT:

thebb22, apologies for the train-wrecking of your thread. Unfortunately, when you post in open forums like this, there's always the risk of some 12 year old trolling. Ah well...
Old 4/27/05, 11:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by celticstanger@April 27, 2005, 9:43 AM
Too many quotes!

MY points are lame?

Production-line Cobras will become high-value "classics" in 20 years?

Like I said elsewhere, Cobras are cool. Classic cars in 20 years? I'm predicting...no!

I've already had tons of thumbs-up, rock-on and other various 'yee-haws' for my car. I've had people follow me to the store/down-town/fast food joint, just to tell me how fn sweet my car looks.

My car choices are based upon a mix of performance, looks, sound and fun-factor. This car satisfies all requirements. If you're buying Cobras so that in 20 years time you can put your kids through school...

...oh, you're too much! Make it stop!

:EDIT:

thebb22, apologies for the train-wrecking of your thread. Unfortunately, when you post in open forums like this, there's always the risk of some 12 year old trolling. Ah well...
Celtic...I'm happy for you and your phallic replacement rolling stock.If you drove through my neighborhood, people would ask why your wheels keep turning when you are stopped.When will you be 13 by the way?

Quick Reply: Roush Stage 2