The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/)
-   -   One car, Or Two? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f686/one-car-two-403929/)

ScotWithOne_t 3/21/05 06:30 PM

So...what do you all predict? Will the GT500 be the only car unvieled at the NY auto show on Wednesday? Or will we be surprised with a Shelby AND an SVT car?

Make your vote officially stated, so you can reference this thread on wednesday and say "I told you so!" :D

ScotWithOne_t 3/21/05 06:32 PM

For the record...I say one and only car. I am not an insider, nor do I have any inside info. This is my prediction, and I hope I'm wrong...but I'm never wrong. ;) :D

Grantsdale 3/21/05 06:39 PM

Only one at the auto show. But since they are making only 7500 of the Shelby, I bet there will be a cobra soon to follow.

BlackRiderX 3/21/05 06:41 PM

One Cobra, badged as a Shelby for the time being. They are shooting to make 7500 a year.

1 COBRA 3/21/05 06:43 PM

Ford will be show casing Carroll Shelby. It's his day. I say 1 car.

Route 66 3/21/05 06:57 PM

I'm guessing you'll see this GT500 as an 06 model available to order late this year. We'll see either a concept, or pics of an 07 Cobra. Remember all the SVT Cobra lease customers that were guaranteed the 07 Cobra prior to anyone else.

bigred0383 3/21/05 07:16 PM

Ok no offense is meant to any of you, but realistically speaking, I think expecting two high performance Mustangs in the next two years being sold at the same time, let alone being at the auto show together is about as likely (and pointless) as the whole V8 for less than $20,000 debates that happened before the release of the '05. But who knows, I could be wrong.

stoic21 3/21/05 07:30 PM

I believe that the gt500 will be the only one for now, an svt cobra may come later but ford has never offered two high end mustangs. It may soon go back to the

Mustang
Mustang gt
Special edition
Cobra

But it is very unlikely that they will offer two seperate cars. Now if they offer the svt cobra and then offer a shelby package upgrade thats a different matter. But i don't think that will happen either.

BlackRiderX 3/21/05 07:37 PM

Originally posted by bigred0383@March 21, 2005, 8:19 PM
Ok no offense is meant to any of you, but realistically speaking, I think expecting two high performance Mustangs in the next two years being sold at the same time, let alone being at the auto show together is about as likely (and pointless) as the whole V8 for less than $20,000 debates that happened before the release of the '05. But who knows, I could be wrong.

I agree, one car that will probably be carried over every year.

SixtySix 3/21/05 07:50 PM

I say they may announce both. A 2006 Shelby and a 2007 Cobra.

Autotooner 3/21/05 07:51 PM

I think their will be two cars, kinda like cobra and cobra r
maybe gt500 and gt350 I think cobra and king cobra would be cool too

Route 66 3/21/05 07:59 PM

Thanks sixty-Six. Somebody's in my camp. Like I said, what about the lease customers. Remeber, FORD promised them first dibs on next Cobra. Unless I'm mistaking, The GT500 isn't a Cobra. I could be wrong. Ah oh. I just thought about something. Why would Ford invite 20 SVTOA members to a secret revealing the day before. Unless it's to see a different car. Dang, I'm gonna start :drunk:

anaki 3/21/05 08:03 PM

Originally posted by Route 66@March 21, 2005, 9:02 PM
Thanks sixty-Six. Somebody's in my camp. Like I said, what about the lease customers. Remeber, FORD promised them first dibs on next Cobra. Unless I'm mistaking, The GT500 isn't a Cobra. I could be wrong. Ah oh. I just thought about something. Why would Ford invite 20 SVTOA members to a secret revealing the day before. Unless it's to see a different car. Dang, I'm gonna start :drunk:

:nice:

1 COBRA 3/21/05 08:07 PM

Like I said before, the more the merrier.

:jester:

BlackRiderX 3/21/05 08:08 PM

Chances are the lease owners will have first crack at the cars. If it isn't a Cobra why does it have a snake emblem?

k-dubb 3/21/05 09:17 PM

what he said ^^^^

mobster 3/22/05 12:49 AM

I hope there is two.....However I doubt there will be.

slavehand 3/22/05 05:33 AM

Dang! I just made it even in the polls! I didn't know there would be this much optomism about the possibility of 2 cars. We got roughly 24 hours fellas. I can hardly wait, how 'bout y'all?

HammyZTS 3/22/05 06:15 AM

I'm starting to think that this car is just a special edition like any other special edition, i.e. Bullitt, Mach 1, 35 ann., 40th ann. This car will be a once off, maybe two model years at most. Someone else said it well in that Caroll Shelby is still around and it is cool to have his input on a car, but the stock in his name will go down after he passes away and you know for a fact that he had no technical input at all on the car. On that note, I really feel they are letting him have the spotlight for the moment, building a one, maybe two-year production of a car built to his liking and with his seal of approval, and then we will continue with our regular SVT Cobra. Yes, this was engineered by SVT, but so was the GT supercar... No one really cares enough when the SVT badge is removed from the rear bumper-cover and advertised on the SVT webpage... As has been mentioned a million times, SVT is going to have a huge input on many new "special editions" that are coming out in the future, and this is just the first one... Special Edition by Ford, engineering by SVT.

97RedSnake 3/22/05 06:59 AM

Ok. Not to be mean or a downer for some of you guys.

But, guys, the GT500 IS the Cobra. This is the new 2007 Cobra. We can most likely expect another car to be positioned between the GT and GT500, but not for another year or two. Like a Mach 1 or Boss or Bullitt. But, there won't be another Cobra in addition to the Shelby Cobra GT500.

I'm sorry, but this is just a little honesty. For those of you hoping for the announcement of two cars on Wednesday- just look at that Motor Trend cover. Don't you think there would be mention of two cars, if there were two cars? Also, notice the Cobra emblem in the grill?

Really, i am glad there is only one car at this point. The new Shelby is your new Cobra from SVT. I expect part of what will be announced on Wednesday is that SVT will now be producing any Shelby products that come from Ford.

Anyway, sorry to bring anyone down. I for one am still very happy with the Shelby Cobra GT500. It works for me. :-D