Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

New Roush Photos!

Search this Thread

Old 12/23/04, 01:34 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
With the second consecutive Roush Racing Nextel Cup Championship and the 2005 Roush Mustang media and customer launch now complete, we want to share with you our recent and continued success, all of which should translate into your performance profits.

This has combined to generate a pre-production advanced sale activity of more than 800 Roush Mustangs.

New Arrivals
Roush Performance will deliver its first 2005 Mustangs this month.

Production Planning Communication
As we work through our 2005 Mustang production start up phase, which is wrapping up now, we will publish expected delivery details around the subsequent 800 orders that we have in house and in process today.

Building the Roush Brand
The 2005 Roush Mustang launch has gathered significant levels of media (television, radio, newspaper, internet and magazine) exposure and the absolute attention of the motor sport community (see photos attached). Our product launch planning will feature Roush vehicles in upcoming issues of: Motor Trend, Truck Trends, Car & Driver, Mustang Monthly, Trucks! television show, Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords, Auto Week, Motor Week TV and Car and Driver Radio.

Old 12/23/04, 01:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AAHHH that performance white is SICK!!!
Old 12/23/04, 02:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Love that white, wish could get a better shot. The stripes need to be wider though, and why didn't they get the very bottom of the front fascia?
Old 12/23/04, 02:56 PM
I'm people, and I like.

the stripes are too small imo. and the lower fascia is way too busy.
Old 12/23/04, 03:49 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I still don't care for the rear bumper cover. Looks wierd.
Old 12/23/04, 04:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i dunno it got better than the photoshop wouldnt turn one down but i dont think id go out and purposely buy one
Old 12/23/04, 06:04 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am still disappointed that Roush went away from the clean, classy look of its previous generation.
Old 12/23/04, 06:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by thezeppelin8@December 23, 2004, 3:59 PM
I agree. I think Saleen looks a lot better IMO.
Old 12/23/04, 08:17 PM
Cobra R Member

i gotta admit, i made a funny sound when i saw that picture of the white one and company. You know like a sound of pure desire and all that. I agree about the stripes, and i agree about the front fascia being quite busy. But then i realized that when i made anything out of lego, I always made it as busy as possible... lol.
I like it a lot. maybe they could replace the turn signal, make half of that round fog light orange and put another light behind the fender flare or something for the side. it looks like there are too many lights, so i figured if they just got rid of the grill lights that would do it. But it still looks pretty intense with both the new fog lights and the turn signals. I really like the looks of that blue one without the grill lights though, and no horsey on the grill. I'd love either one, white or blue. the black one's sick too.

I was never blown away by the previous roush cars we've seen, but i think that was mainly because i didn't like the colour in the grill and in the headlights. These ones are clean of that business, although i'd still like to see the hood scoop on there. I liked their scoop a lot.
Old 12/23/04, 10:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

I think it looks alot like those civics many of us make fun of. Way over-cooked. Why do you need more fog lights? Or air scoops to cool the front of the tires? It's just too busy. Maybe it looks better in person. Just not my cup of tea. :notnice:
Old 12/24/04, 12:05 AM
GTR Member

I like the one Matt Kenseth is standing next to except fot the fascia and the headlights. I would chenge the angle of the fascia, it needs to be smooth. The red one just needs a 20lb sledge through the grille. Then once the grille and fog lights are gone I would put a billet grille in it and round of the fascia. Then I would put the stock headlights back on. I like Steeda Creation the best so far. Yet Saleens cars seem to be hidden.
Old 12/24/04, 05:07 AM
GTR Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I like the look on white and blue cars-- with stripes and no hood scoop.

I don't think the red color (and hood scoop) was the best choice for their first show car.
Old 12/24/04, 07:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the factory photo cars. The red grilled one is too ricey for me. The white/blue reminds me of the 360R I drove. It was one really sweet car. I was really impressed with the handling and power of that car.
Old 12/25/04, 12:55 PM
GT Member

Wow, those photos make the front look better than all the other ones I've seen :scratch: . Maybe the kit isnt that bad afterall.
Old 12/25/04, 08:51 PM

I would take the white one....as is....actually I would take any one of them. but I really do like the white one.but I agree the stripes should go on the bottom of the front facia
Old 12/25/04, 09:23 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Car doesn't do it for me. Rims aren't bad though.
Old 12/26/04, 02:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Not diggin the spoiler at all....
Old 12/26/04, 06:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by thezeppelin8@December 23, 2004, 3:59 PM
The stripes are consistent with the previous Roush:

I think the width of grill on the '05 makes them look narrower.

I agree on the fascia.
Old 12/26/04, 10:32 PM
Cobra Member

Why is it the blue one ont he right have no fog lights, uh, well, the stock set of foglights? Or a pony for that matter? Is it not finished?

I agree with everyone else though:
- stripes too small (couldn't they update them for the new car?)
- front waay too busy (3D Carbon look much better for the modern racer look)
- too many fog lights

But, man, that rear is the worst. From the hideous spoiler to the fake black things in the middle of the bumper, to the huge rectangluar cutout for small round exhaust tips. Nothing works for me back there.
Old 12/27/04, 06:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just noticed that the one blue is missing the horse myself, that's just a no-no.

I like the fogs in the grill, they gotta stay, but can't necessarily say get rid of lower ones, that big front needs something there ya know?

Didn't even notice that the ones at the plant don't have the painted grill, maybe that's why I like them so much better, although I do like the red grill on the redfire one, I just don't think a painted grill would look good on any other color. Also, didn't notice that they are missing the hood scoop, again maybe why I like them better, weird because I thought that long hood was kinda plain before.

I've always liked the Roush better than most of the other aftermarket cars so far, and I know I'm in the minority that I don't like the Saleen, but I agree that Roush definitely needs to clean up that rear end. But, Rampant, I think the huge cutouts for the exhaust tips are supposed to be completely filled with the tips, probably not completely done. See second pic: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=11721 Rear spoiler is just plain bad.

Quick Reply: New Roush Photos!