Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

Boss Shinoda Question

Search this Thread

Old 8/14/05, 09:14 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know how much the fully loaded Shinoda package would be? I'm definitely intrigued after reading Mustang Monthly's article on it. I'm sure pricing is all relative to what exactly you wantm but does anyone have a general idea of the price ranges? Thanks. :scratch:
Old 8/14/05, 01:21 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm sure they're expensive, but a word of caution. I've heard some negative comments about their business. I was going to visit their shop until I was told it was a waste of time since the place looks like a backyard garage. This is second hand info since I never stopped by.
Old 8/14/05, 05:30 PM

I had a bad experience with them. I tried to order one of the 05 chin spoiler and was promised on at least 5 occasions that they would send it out that day or the following. I finally filed a grievance with my credit card to get credited back. I have ordered hundreds of items over the internet through various venders and this was the worst experience I have every had. All my contact was with Jim Klok, the performance manage as quoted in the article. Remember, this was a $250 spoiler, I couldn't imagine the problems one would have with a $60K car.
Old 8/14/05, 09:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I have had no dealings with them personally. But I have heard a lot of bad feedback from their business.

I'd go with a safer, more trustworthy alternative.
Old 8/14/05, 10:13 PM
Bullitt Member

The problem is Larry Shinoda has passed away and the family members that are running the business do not share his old passion
and aren't Larry.
Old 8/15/05, 09:36 AM

Too bad that it trashes the family name and his legacy
Old 8/15/05, 10:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I tried emailing a few times about the chin spoiler. I did not get any response, so I never bought one from them. I went elsewhere.
Old 8/15/05, 12:51 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Good choice.
Old 8/15/05, 08:03 PM
V6 Member

That's a shame. They seemed like true enthusiasts in the magazine. I think the yellow Boss in the magazine belongs to Tami one of the frequent posters on this site. Would be great to get her opinion.
Old 8/23/05, 03:46 PM

Caballo, you would be correct. The yellow car featured in the magazine is mine, the Banana Baby. I am still building my car and I am pleased with the work that has been done. My car is a show car and has been to the Carlisle National Ford Show in June and placed third. I have also been to ther shows and won also. What people don't understand is that it takes time to get the parts for the 05. I started building my car in the middle of May and as of today, I am waiting for three items to be shipped. This isn't Mr. Klock's problem, he is waiting for them to be shipped from the people who make the product. I wanted a car that would turn heads, look good, I would be proud of and the car would be different. In the forum where hayburner says Larry's name is being trashed, here is my reply. My car is a Legacy and I chose the Legacy to be able to drive this car in the memory of Larry and what he believed in. I have met almost every Boss Shinoda Owner and we are all like a family and we are proud owners.

Tam
Old 8/23/05, 05:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by banana-baby@August 23, 2005, 2:49 PM
Caballo, you would be correct. The yellow car featured in the magazine is mine, the Banana Baby. I am still building my car and I am pleased with the work that has been done. My car is a show car and has been to the Carlisle National Ford Show in June and placed third. I have also been to ther shows and won also. What people don't understand is that it takes time to get the parts for the 05. I started building my car in the middle of May and as of today, I am waiting for three items to be shipped. This isn't Mr. Klock's problem, he is waiting for them to be shipped from the people who make the product. I wanted a car that would turn heads, look good, I would be proud of and the car would be different. In the forum where hayburner says Larry's name is being trashed, here is my reply. My car is a Legacy and I chose the Legacy to be able to drive this car in the memory of Larry and what he believed in. I have met almost every Boss Shinoda Owner and we are all like a family and we are proud owners.

Tam
Tammy....I never said "trashed", that was JHarness's word.
I apologize for saying you don't share Larry's passion, clearly you do.
It would be much easier to run a business building Boss Mustangs with the support of a multi-billion dollar corp.Perhaps ,someday.
I wish you all the success in the world.
Jack
Old 8/23/05, 05:48 PM

Hayburner I am sorry, I was trying to answer all at once. All of the Boss Shinoda owners are passionate and maybe someday we will have a multi million dollar company. In the mean time, I will drive my car and show it proudly .
Old 8/27/05, 11:09 PM
Bullitt Member

You live around Milton, Tammy? I've driven by the shop several times but I never have time to stop in, and not sure what I'd say if I did anyhow lol. I live over in Pace, but I don't get over to Milton much, everything I do is in Pensacola.

As for the thread, I've heard negative things about Shinoda but most of it seems to be misunderstandings and people not realizing that a brand new product takes time to develop and get supply chains set up to support. I've generally not heard complaints about quality or lack of performance in regards to the cars. If you like what they have to offer, call and talk to them. Or come spend a few days at the beach (after hurricane season!!) and swing by the shop, I'm sure they'd be happy to speak with you.
Old 8/28/05, 08:00 PM

Originally posted by matic@August 27, 2005, 11:12 PM
You live around Milton, Tammy? I've driven by the shop several times but I never have time to stop in, and not sure what I'd say if I did anyhow lol. I live over in Pace, but I don't get over to Milton much, everything I do is in Pensacola.

As for the thread, I've heard negative things about Shinoda but most of it seems to be misunderstandings and people not realizing that a brand new product takes time to develop and get supply chains set up to support. I've generally not heard complaints about quality or lack of performance in regards to the cars. If you like what they have to offer, call and talk to them. Or come spend a few days at the beach (after hurricane season!!) and swing by the shop, I'm sure they'd be happy to speak with you.
I live in Pensacola, about 20 minutes from Milton. There has been some negative talk about his shop and what people don't understand is we have had two hurricanes and there aren't many affordable standing buildings left.Mr. klock is trying to find a new building.
Old 8/28/05, 08:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by banana-baby@August 28, 2005, 8:03 PM
I live in Pensacola, about 20 minutes from Milton. There has been some negative talk about his shop and what people don't understand is we have had two hurricanes and there aren't many affordable standing buildings left.Mr. klock is trying to find a new building.
Ain't that the truth. I know we're about to see a total human tragedy in New Orleans, but I can't help but be glad it's not coming here, too. Ivan and Dennis was enough. Here's hoping they can relocate into more conducive facilities soon! (not like a shop has to look good to be effective, though)
Old 8/28/05, 09:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by matic@August 28, 2005, 8:26 PM
Ain't that the truth. I know we're about to see a total human tragedy in New Orleans, but I can't help but be glad it's not coming here, too. Ivan and Dennis was enough. Here's hoping they can relocate into more conducive facilities soon! (not like a shop has to look good to be effective, though)

It's so true what you and banana-baby have said. I actually just left for college but I lived in Gulf Breeze (friends and family are all there) which is about 20-30 mins from Milton but the area was devastated after Ivan and Dennis. Also, trying not to sound bad but I'm so glad that Katrina's not heading that direction. I feel bad for anyone in this storm's direction

I never got to stop in at Shinoda though, I've been past the place several times. I wanted to a few months ago but then I just didn't.
Old 9/3/05, 05:50 PM

Originally posted by matic@August 28, 2005, 8:26 PM
you are correct Katrina did miss us and I am so sorry to see the devastation she left on the coast. Your right, a shop doesn't have to look good to have quality work done...look at my baby, I think she looks prettu good.
Old 9/3/05, 05:54 PM

Originally posted by fvcrew22@August 28, 2005, 9:15 PM
It's so true what you and banana-baby have said. I actually just left for college but I lived in Gulf Breeze (friends and family are all there) which is about 20-30 mins from Milton but the area was devastated after Ivan and Dennis. Also, trying not to sound bad but I'm so glad that Katrina's not heading that direction. I feel bad for anyone in this storm's direction

I never got to stop in at Shinoda though, I've been past the place several times. I wanted to a few months ago but then I just didn't.
Ivan and Dennis saw no mercy when they traveled here. And if anyone in this area saw what Ivan did to us, and see it now...........they will see that we have rebuilt but it takes years for things to get back to normal. Just as you think your floating down stream with no worries :bang: it's hurricane season again. Call me crazy, but, I still love this place, the only thing Katrina brought us was high winds, rain and no power for a few days.Shinoda will grow and get a better place but, he still builds great cars.
Old 9/7/05, 12:06 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Tammy, do you have anymore pics of your car?
Old 9/7/05, 06:09 PM

Originally posted by future9er24@September 7, 2005, 12:09 AM
Tammy, do you have anymore pics of your car?
Yes I do, My car was featured in the September Issue of Mustang Monthly and I have several that were taken at the photo shoot. I will download them later tonight.

Quick Reply: Boss Shinoda Question