Aftermarket 2005+ Mustangs Discuss the Offerings from Roush, Saleen, Steeda, Shinoda, and Others

0% for 72 on 2007 Roush Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 5/12/08, 03:13 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
0% for 72 on 2007 Roush Mustangs

Town & Country Ford is offering 0% for 72 months on all remaining 2007 Mustangs, including Roushes. Call (205) 491-0000 and ask for Carlton. Tell him I sent you.
Old 5/13/08, 10:16 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts

I wonder what happed? Wasn't there a dealer rep who claimed they were selling like hot cakes, even with ADMs?

"Thou shall not spit into the wind..." -- SPLASSSSH!!!

Old 5/13/08, 10:23 AM

I think T&C is the 4th largest Roush dealer in the country, so they do move the cars. There are only a handful of Roushes left.
Old 5/13/08, 10:50 AM

I believe the largest Roush dealer is in Tampa, or at lest they claim to be although they have drastically cut down on their ordering and inventory.

Roush Mustangs are not exactly flying off the dealers nowadays.
Old 5/13/08, 10:52 AM

Yeah, Brandon Ford in Tampa is/was a huge Roush dealer. They got all of the 2004 440As and 2007 DragPaks.
Old 5/13/08, 12:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ANYTHING, that resembles a gas guzzler, is not moving off the lots right now. Roush or otherwise.

Yet on a little trip last weekend my Stage 3 was getting 25mpg.

Not to shabby for a supercharged environmental terrorist.
Old 5/13/08, 01:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yep, Our Brandon Ford still is Number 1 for Roush, and #6 for Ford overall. They seem to get preferential treatment from ROUSH when ordering. And when Jack himself is here, he signs everyone of them in Inventory, and anyone's car who shows up for the event.

Now the only problem I have with the offering of 0% for 72 months. is e-gads, 72 months. That's a mortgage. If you got to do that, buy a GT, until you can afford another mortgage payment.
Old 5/13/08, 01:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by FLAstangx3
Yep, Our Brandon Ford still is Number 1 for Roush, and #6 for Ford overall. They seem to get preferential treatment from ROUSH when ordering. And when Jack himself is here, he signs everyone of them in Inventory, and anyone's car who shows up for the event.

Now the only problem I have with the offering of 0% for 72 months. is e-gads, 72 months. That's a mortgage. If you got to do that, buy a GT, until you can afford another mortgage payment.
Hey Dave, I financed my car for 72 months. I did that so the payment would be REAL low. Now, with that, I also pay extra every month, and the car will be paid off well before the 6 years. You gotta remember, not everyone can pay cash. Sometimes, to get a car you really want, means you have to stretch the loan out. Heck, in California, they are doing 96 month (8 year) financing!
Old 5/13/08, 01:56 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
dang, why am i not in a position to buy a new car.. I want a mustang at 0% -72 months. Thats free money right there. 30k dollars today will not be worth 30k 6 years from now.
Old 5/13/08, 02:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Knight
dang, why am i not in a position to buy a new car.. I want a mustang at 0% -72 months. Thats free money right there. 30k dollars today will not be worth 30k 6 years from now.
except for one little fact. You'd never be able to get rid of it. you'd be upside-down (current value-vs-what you owe) for the life of the ownership. Trade it in, and that little difference is added to your new car loan. These loans are out there for the banks to make money. Unless your in a position to put a sizable deposit down, I'd stay away from them.
Old 5/13/08, 02:05 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
except for one little fact. You'd never be able to get rid of it. you'd be upside-down (current value-vs-what you owe) for the life of the ownership. Trade it in, and that little difference is added to your new car loan. These loans are out there for the banks to make money. Unless your in a position to put a sizable deposit down, I'd stay away from them.
Thats only if you want to get rid of it before you pay it off though, I would be keeping it the full 6 years and prob much longer.
Old 5/13/08, 03:24 PM

... And when Jack himself is here, he signs everyone of them in Inventory, and anyone's car who shows up for the event...
For free.

The dealer will negotiate off the Roush MSRP and honor applicable rebates.
Old 5/13/08, 07:01 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Dave, I financed my car for 72 months. I did that so the payment would be REAL low. Now, with that, I also pay extra every month, and the car will be paid off well before the 6 years. You gotta remember, not everyone can pay cash. Sometimes, to get a car you really want, means you have to stretch the loan out. Heck, in California, they are doing 96 month (8 year) financing!
I financed my 2006 for 72 months to get low payments just in case.
I got the same interest rate as 48 months.
Took me 23 months to save the money to pay it off , but the 72 months was insurance to me in case anything happened to my job etc..
I know of too many people that have had to sell cars because things have happened.
Old 5/15/08, 09:18 PM
Cobra R Member

if only i was in any way shape or form interested in a roush
Old 5/15/08, 09:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

hmm i like roush more than saleen but rather have the original gt
Old 5/17/08, 05:28 AM
V6 Member

I don't think the bank's making much at 0%.

The amount you'll get dinged for on a new loan in a future trade is exactly equal to the amount you're not putting down now. However, in the future that money will have less real value, so you actually come out behind by parting with it now. The way things are going, that money probably buys twice as much food and gasoline today as it will three or four years from now.

I don't see anything to be gained by a large down payment in this case, other than maybe some emotional security in knowing that you're not upside down.
Old 5/17/08, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by SStang
I don't think the bank's making much at 0%.

The amount you'll get dinged for on a new loan in a future trade is exactly equal to the amount you're not putting down now. However, in the future that money will have less real value, so you actually come out behind by parting with it now. The way things are going, that money probably buys twice as much food and gasoline today as it will three or four years from now.

I don't see anything to be gained by a large down payment in this case, other than maybe some emotional security in knowing that you're not upside down.
Exactly! If you can get 0%, get it for as long as you can, with as little down as possible. if you're worried about being "upside down", take the money you would have spent in additional monthly payments, and the dollars you didn't have to spend as a downpayment, put it in a savings account, and you'll be WAY ahead of where you would have been in any other situation.

Don't feel sorry for the banks... they're not in business to give money away. The dealership or Ford, or maybe both, are "buying down" the interest rate. In other words, prepaying the interest on the note.

The only thing that complicates the decision, is if the seller offers discounts or rebates if you DON'T take the 0% offer. They usually do.
Old 5/22/08, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by TMSBrad
Town & Country Ford is offering 0% for 72 months on all remaining 2007 Mustangs, including Roushs. Call (205) 491-0000 and ask for Carlton. Tell him I sent you.
For someone in the market, that is a great deal.

Just because its a 72 month term doesn't mean you have to stretch out that long. Everyone should try to at least keep your payment balance below the depreciation of the cars value over time in case you run into issues and have to sell it.

The big thing here is no interest. I make larger then required payments every two weeks and mine should take 22 months to pay off(start to finish). It would have been nice with 0% but it wasn't available last may.

No doubt gas prices have put a halt to the frenzy buying as of late so they need to jump start sales.
Old 5/22/08, 11:01 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, can someone show me where I can find a six year mortgage?

But seriously, it's 0 percent financing.