V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Wish I had cash.....

Search this Thread

Old 4/28/05, 10:20 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been putting together some ideas to make a turbo kit for the 2005 V6 stangs, and I just wish I had the cash to make the prototype set up.

As a perk of my job, I have contacts within the Japanese and Chinese automotive supplier industry. Some of these companies make parts for a lot of retailers that sell Headers, CAIs intakes, even cams pistons and rods, and of course, turbos and intercoolers.

I have posted here before about the idea, but I was thinking before that I was coming into some cash in a short time, but that is now looking iffy.

But here are the details I was lookin at,

Twin Te30 size turbos, hybrid
cast aluminum intake manifold, with a removable top plate (for porting) and set up for GT throttle body (or larger twin opening).
Aluminum tubing and silicon hose connectors with high strength clamps.
oversized injectors
piggyback chip
headers and downpipes, ceramic coated.
pillar mounted boost gauge, matching factory style face (but not color changing)
boost controller (max level 8 lbs on stock motor)
twin front mount intercoolers twin BOVs.

Other things I could do if I had the cash,
Big brake kit (either with stock calipers and relocation brakets, or new calipers which would be much more pricey)

Forged rods and pistons, custom cams.

Also there are a bunch of rim companies out there, and they could make some nice deep dish 5 stars.

Instead of trying to retire off the first series of turbo kits, I would rather try to make a name for myself and get as many out there as I could.
any one want to invest some money? seriously though, if I am able to get the money I am not sure if I can get, then I will start working on the turbo kit right away. Not sure of the power level it would make, but with the engine mods, it should be substantial.

I'm not going to post power levels or prices cause I don't want to get stoned to death. But I can assure you it will be much much less than 5k.