V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Warning about Modular Depot

Search this Thread

Old 3/18/05, 10:37 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I had a horrible experience with modulardepot.com. I ordered my SCT XCalibrator (w/ free PC cable) from them a couple months ago. It was after I got the SCT in the mail and didn't receive my free PC cable with it that I called them and found out that they had run out of cables and would ship one out as soon as possible. Ok, no big deal. Well, weeks passed and I let it go because I didn't need the cable yet. I hadn't done any new mods, so no need to make a custom tune. Well, after doing another mod a few weeks ago, I called them about the cable and they said that they were so sorry, but they had completely forgot and would ship it out that day. They did, and I received it a few days later. Ok, well next I needed the tune file that they made for me in order to open it with the Xtreme software and edit it. I had asked them when I called about the cable to e-mail it to me. Once I got the cable and hadn't gotten the tune file, I e-mailed them and asked where it was. To shorten this up a bit, after many excuses via e-mail, I still have not received my tune file almost 3 weeks later. I have never experienced anything like this dealing with any internet company. If any of you have ordered something from them and not had problems, please defend them. But my experience was (and still is) so bad that I felt the need to let others know by starting a thread here.
Old 3/19/05, 01:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the info, that makes me want to stay away from ordering with them.
Old 3/21/05, 10:30 PM
FR500 Member

I still haven't gotten my tune file. Tried calling them and can't get in touch with them. I've sent them an e-mail every other day or so, and no response. I'm trying to stay calm here, but I mean really, come on. This is no way to do business. My car has had the check engine light on, and IMO has been acting funny, for the last 2 weeks while I wait for my file.
Old 3/21/05, 10:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by acadian@March 21, 2005, 11:33 PM
I still haven't gotten my tune file. Tried calling them and can't get in touch with them. I've sent them an e-mail every other day or so, and no response. I'm trying to stay calm here, but I mean really, come on. This is no way to do business. My car has had the check engine light on, and IMO has been acting funny, for the last 2 weeks while I wait for my file.
Send me an email and I'll be happy to send you both your stock file along with two performance files. I'm sure they used the base SCT tuning files as if it's not a Cobra or Lightning then they don't have time for it.

Bamachips@charter.net

Thanks, Doug.
Old 3/22/05, 11:25 AM
FR500 Member

Doug... thanks for the offer to help. I sent you an e-mail.