V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Warning about C&L intake and Bamachips SCT tunes

Search this Thread

Old 2/2/06, 05:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I finally got some dry pavement today and needed to make a run to the drug store this evening, so I finally got a chance to really try out my 4.0 after adding the C&L intake along with Doug's tunes.

I immediately noticed the following hazards, which I feel should have been addressed with at least a warning on the package:

1) The product will cause excessive wear of the right rear tire. This wear was also observed to be accompanied by a loud screeching noise and even smoke.

2) After installation, it was noticed that it was far more difficult to get the car pointed in the direction of home. It was if the car had developed a mind of it's own and wished to keep driving.

3) Continued use of the product produced severe facial pain due to an inability to stop grinning [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Seriously, I wish I could have done this six months ago. Other people have said it, and it's true: this is like a whole new car with the intake and tunes installed [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

The other thing I've noticed is that my car since it was new, would regularly experience "bucking" at low speeds for about a minute after a warm start. This appears to be totally gone now [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Even my teen daughter commented that the car sounded better with the new intake as well [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 05:10 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We told you! LOL!

Now get a LSD installed so you can wear out the back tires evenly! LOL
Old 2/2/06, 05:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Love your warnings, that's hillarious!
Glad you're having fun and your weather changed.
It's awesome isn't it?
As stated above, now you need the cure for that one wheel problem, an LSD!
Congrats! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 05:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Nice report, and I can't wait to see the warning sticker [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

The "Butt Dyno" and "Facial Grinometer" are much more reliable that real dyno runs!! hehe

The pics of your install look great, too.
Old 2/2/06, 05:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Agreed about the limited slip. I've already started saving my pennies for 3.73's and a True-Trac [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 05:39 PM

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

I thought my stang was the only one that'd "buck" at low speed. I kinda like the feeling... it's almost as if I'm holding it back and it wants to break loose.

Can't wait to get my SCT xcal2. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 05:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

I had it happen right in front of the local Mustang car club gathering at a nearby A&W. Real good for the ol' self esteem with fifty people standing there thinking I must not know how to drive a stick [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

I won't miss it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 06:06 PM
Cobra R Member

right rear tire u mean? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] Im still suffering from the problem, but im taking every ounce of will power that i have to not install my TT until next week, so i can go to the track tomorrow without it, then next week with it.
Old 2/2/06, 06:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very good!!! Thanks for the warnings, I guess we should have warned you as well. Sounds really cool. Can't wait to hear about your gears and LSD.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 06:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ February 2, 2006, 8:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
right rear tire u mean? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] Im still suffering from the problem, but im taking every ounce of will power that i have to not install my TT until next week, so i can go to the track tomorrow without it, then next week with it.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, right rear [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img] ...

You've got more will power than me if you can hold off on a TrueTrac install when it's right there
Old 2/2/06, 06:24 PM
GT Member

Cool

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

Agreed!! Everything about that is true!! CAI & tune & new exhaust are awsome. Need to add:

4) I cannot resist the urge to now continue to mod the car. I now must get headers, TLOK and shorter gears to continue to feed the urge.

Eric. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 06:25 PM
Cobra R Member

I've been sitting on my gears and truetrac for almost a week now. It really is killing me, because i want to do a two wheeled burnout in my car lol. I also want to see if i can get some 1.9 60ft times at the track with my new found setup (we will find out next week). Right now im hopin for a 2.09 60ft time at the track tomorrow.

Then maybe ill add an exhaust (mrt) and go to the track one more time. I need to eclipse 14.19 for it to be a corrected time of 13.99. With just a bolt on v6.
Old 2/2/06, 06:55 PM
GT Member

dang...pretty sweet...

man..im just waiting for doug to send me an invoice... I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!
Old 2/2/06, 07:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thats it, gosh I hate this website.

I already have tunes from "another tuner," but I am contacting Doug, gotta' try it out.
Old 2/2/06, 07:58 PM
Cobra R Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotts05custom @ February 2, 2006, 8:57 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thats it, gosh I hate this website.

I already have tunes from "another tuner," but I am contacting Doug, gotta' try it out.
[/b][/quote]

what tuner? I have brenspeed right now and it seems great. I am thinkin about purchasing a tune from doug as well.
Old 2/2/06, 11:37 PM
GT Member

Geez you had me scared when I read the post title. Then fell out of my chair laughing while reading your warnings! It's been killing me to have been tied up traveling for work the last three weeks with the C&L and SCT from Doug in the box. Three more days and she's going under the screwdriver. Yea! I can hardly wait. Thanks for the laugh!
Old 2/3/06, 01:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

heeelarious!

Doug really should bundle the C&L and X-cal with your choice of limited slips!
Old 2/3/06, 06:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hamidlmt @ February 3, 2006, 3:11 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
heeelarious!

[/b][/quote]

That would be a logical package [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06, 10:24 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hamidlmt @ February 3, 2006, 1:11 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
heeelarious!

[/b][/quote]

LOL I was a bit scared at first also when reading the title! P Kiley nice post lol very entertaining and not one bit bogus....my car is having that very same problem of not wanting to turn home!
Old 2/3/06, 11:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey P.K....your always informative writings are an enjoyable read. Got me good with your lead in on this post. After reviewing the discussions, I am now convinced that the tune/CAI is the next upgrade.Too bad I have promised the family a warm weather trip in March. Wonder if they will settle for the heat from the exhaust instead of the sun, and black rubber bits instead of sand?! Tax man can't make the return soon enough! Will keep you posted on my purchase....BTW was the install so simple that a "dial-up" can complete it? Thanks again, Paul D

Quick Reply: Warning about C&L intake and Bamachips SCT tunes