Old 11/24/05, 10:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 models... collect the entire set!

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/..._v6_tuner.html
Old 11/24/05, 11:06 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow, looks nice! Wish they had a bigger picture.
Old 11/24/05, 12:34 PM
MSP
Banned

Can anyone explain why this is?

All other complete kits have all of this.. Why make things harder for V6's?

I dont like it!

These systems do not come with replacement high flow fuel injectors or engine management, which must be installed for proper vehicle operation.

Engine management meaning an SCT..

LOL! I guess I like it but you know!

Also, a dyno sheet would be nice..

This is your deal hamidlmt! Get us a dyno sheet!
Old 11/24/05, 12:41 PM
MSP
Banned

I dont see why a dealership wouldnt have this put on at the time of purchase, adding the cost into the financing..

Seems to me, dealers should now be offering these packages to consumers. Pick a V6 with a $19,000 MSRP, and get the #3 kit put on and finaced with the car.. Leave the dealership with 350HP, and go eat a horse!
Old 11/24/05, 12:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by MSP@November 24, 2005, 3:37 PM
Can anyone explain why this is?

All other complete kits have all of this.. Why make things harder for V6's?

I dont like it!

These systems do not come with replacement high flow fuel injectors or engine management, which must be installed for proper vehicle operation.

Engine management meaning an SCT..

LOL! I guess I like it but you know!

Also, a dyno sheet would be nice..
This is your deal hamidlmt! Get us a dyno sheet!
I'd rather they didn't come with an SCT since I already have one. A ready made tune would be nice though. I think the PowerHouse turbo will come complete with injectors and a KB BAP. I could be wrong...ok, I just checked their website. It comes somplete with everything, including a tune. I think I may get that turbo.
Old 11/24/05, 12:48 PM
MSP
Banned

Yes, Powerhouses is nice.. Vortech sure did do a good job on that kit.. We should start seeing packages offered from dealerships soon.. Be nice if there we more pictures with a video of the Dyno session... So we could hear it.. Is a video to much to ask for?
Old 11/24/05, 01:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A guy on another forum commented on this, he said that the Vortech taps into the main engine oil and he also mentioned that the procharger includes injectors, programmer, tune, does not tap into the oil, is easier to install and less expensive.

Any thoughts on the procharger vs. the vortech.

@hamidlmt

Thanks for posting this, the people on this forum will have a lot more weigh in the subject.
Old 11/24/05, 03:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Rygen... My one thought is this... procharger seems like a more complete solution out of the box. But, maybe not for those with a flash tuner already in hand. Vortech seems to have the most inexpensive option available with their non-cooled models. I'll let those with far more experience chime in on the procharger vs vortech breakdown.
Old 11/24/05, 03:40 PM

Originally posted by hamidlmt@November 24, 2005, 5:34 PM
Rygen... My one thought is this... procharger seems like a more complete solution out of the box. But, maybe not for those with a flash tuner already in hand. Vortech seems to have the most inexpensive option available with their non-cooled models. I'll let those with far more experience chime in on the procharger vs vortech breakdown.

Yep, that is why I put the post up. I'm thinking I should go with a cooled model. But now, MSP has me thinking about my 7.5 rear end. Hmmm. :scratch:
Old 11/24/05, 03:55 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by hamidlmt@November 24, 2005, 5:34 PM

Lidio favors Vortech... I value his opinion... and he's got a Vortech in his GT... LOL!
Old 11/24/05, 04:13 PM
GT Member

I run a a vortech in my 00 , woulnt run a Procharger even a freebie one. I have seen everything from leaky seals to belt slip problems on prochargers even on units with less than a year on them. If u want a reliable power get the vortech and get a Methanol Injection kit also forget about the cooler , its cheaper and if u use pure methanol its as if u were using racing fuel . The powerhouse turbo kit along with the meth injection should be an awesome package also.
Old 11/24/05, 04:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

All I know about Prochargers is that they are noisy as heck.
Old 11/24/05, 04:19 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Puerto Rico 4.6@November 24, 2005, 6:16 PM
I run a a vortech in my 00 , woulnt run a Procharger even a freebie one. I have seen everything from leaky seals to belt slip problems on prochargers even on units with less than a year on them. If u want a reliable power get the vortech and get a Methanol Injection kit also forget about the cooler , its cheaper and if u use pure methanol its as if u were using racing fuel . The powerhouse turbo kit along with the meth injection should be an awesome package also.

Lidio also added Methanol recently.... OMG!!! If I heard him right it dropped the inlet temp 100 degrees and was a 75RWHP gain!
Old 11/24/05, 04:22 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Jimp@November 24, 2005, 6:20 PM
All I know about Prochargers is that they are noisy as heck.

yeah... that's why I laugh every time some one says "put the Procharger in and you'll have a real sleeper...." A sleeper you can hear from 3 blocks away???? LOL
Old 11/24/05, 05:16 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@November 24, 2005, 2:43 PM
Yep, that is why I put the post up. I'm thinking I should go with a cooled model. But now, MSP has me thinking about my 7.5 rear end. Hmmm. :scratch:
We will be ok with the FRPP 7.5.. No one has girdled one that we know of and still broke it.. In regards to the DR's, there is always a risk associated when dumpin the clutch.. If everything hooks up, its either going to launch forward, or break.. Nothing is ever promised..

If I pose the situation like this, this gives my friend Jimp the boost he is gonna need to keep up with us.. If he thinks I wont dump the clutch with drag radials, at the light he's crazy...

Jimp knows that FRPP or not, when the light turns yellow I'm dumpin! I'll worry at the other end of the track if I broke somethin! If I can make it.. Hopefully one of my spiders will spit out and punture his tire... LOL!! Just kiddin...

Dont worry about the FRPP Ragin, we'll be ok girdled.. Seriously for me, I must think how many times will I actually go to the track.. Once in a very blue moon.. So I'm not worried about it..

Anyways Ragin, you cant keep changin your mind.. Stick to your guns.. We gotta prove that the FRPP is good enough..
Old 11/25/05, 07:17 AM

Originally posted by MSP@November 24, 2005, 7:19 PM
We will be ok with the FRPP 7.5.. No one has girdled one that we know of and still broke it.. In regards to the DR's, there is always a risk associated when dumpin the clutch.. If everything hooks up, its either going to launch forward, or break.. Nothing is ever promised..

If I pose the situation like this, this gives my friend Jimp the boost he is gonna need to keep up with us.. If he thinks I wont dump the clutch with drag radials, at the light he's crazy...

Jimp knows that FRPP or not, when the light turns yellow I'm dumpin! I'll worry at the other end of the track if I broke somethin! If I can make it.. Hopefully one of my spiders will spit out and punture his tire... LOL!! Just kiddin...

Dont worry about the FRPP Ragin, we'll be ok girdled.. Seriously for me, I must think how many times will I actually go to the track.. Once in a very blue moon.. So I'm not worried about it..

Anyways Ragin, you cant keep changin your mind.. Stick to your guns.. We gotta prove that the FRPP is good enough..

Thanks man! And yea, I'm sticking to my plan....it cost too much to switch out now, the freight train is going...and there is no stoping it now. Besides I have an auto, which will make it more difficult for me to snap the spiders.

And I wouldn't trust Scrming...he's up to something, I got a gut feeling he is thinking SC/Nitrous combo........ LOL
Old 11/25/05, 08:12 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@November 25, 2005, 9:20 AM
Thanks man! And yea, I'm sticking to my plan....it cost too much to switch out now, the freight train is going...and there is no stoping it now. Besides I have an auto, which will make it more difficult for me to snap the spiders.

And I wouldn't trust Scrming...he's up to something, I got a gut feeling he is thinking SC/Nitrous combo........ LOL
who??? me??? I don't think I'll go with an S/C.....
Old 11/25/05, 08:34 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by scrming@November 25, 2005, 7:15 AM
who??? me??? I don't think I'll go with an S/C.....

After Scrming being baptised by fire inside of Powerhouses Turbo Setup, I am will to bet $100 that he will be the first 05V6 with a Turbo among us.. LOL!! Remember, Scrming traded in his Porsche for the 05V6.. A turbo added to the car, makes him feel more at home.....
Old 11/25/05, 08:38 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MSP@November 25, 2005, 10:37 AM
After Scrming being baptised by fire inside of Powerhouses Turbo Setup, I am will to bet $100 that he will be the first 05V6 with a Turbo among us.. LOL!! Remember, Scrming traded in his Porsche for the 05V6.. A turbo added to the car, makes him feel more at home.....
LOL! The Porsche was only a Boxster... nothing special... no turbo... Now our big GMC with the Duramax has a turbo....

I've also seen MRT's twin turbo setup on their V6... very sweet indeed... unfortunately I haven't been able to work out a test ride in that car yet..... yet! LOL!!! And now with the snow flying here in Michigan that will probably have to wait until spring...
Old 11/25/05, 08:40 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by scrming@November 25, 2005, 7:41 AM
LOL! The Porsche was only a Boxster... nothing special... no turbo... Now our big GMC with the Duramax has a turbo....

I've also seen MRT's twin turbo setup on their V6... very sweet indeed... unfortunately I haven't been able to work out a test ride in that car yet..... yet! LOL!!! And now with the snow flying here in Michigan that will probably have to wait until spring...

Yes, I guess with all the snow, you do need some type of winter project.. Man oh man, that would be awsome for a guy like you to get Mikes turbo.. Since you like to document everything, we would have a complete step by step procedure, with pictures, videos and the works... LOL!! You know I'm hoping you get it first..

Quick Reply: Vortech supercharger!