V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Vibration problem

Search this Thread

Old 4/14/14, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vibration problem

I have vibration problem on my 09 it's fine at normal highway speed 65-70 .Today i had it up to about 90 had to try out my 89 performance bama tune and at 90 the front end started to vibrate felt it in the steering wheel and the tires. Had the tires rotated and spin balanced last fall and had it in for insp two week ago he said the ball joints were a little loose but he didnt think they needed replacing yet..im thinking it could be the tires mastercraft touring tires came with the car. any ideas? also at that speed the front seem to like drift.
Old 4/14/14, 06:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
I believe that sounds like the tires.
Old 4/16/14, 12:48 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jek57
I have vibration problem on my 09 it's fine at normal highway speed 65-70 .Today i had it up to about 90 had to try out my 89 performance bama tune and at 90 the front end started to vibrate felt it in the steering wheel and the tires. Had the tires rotated and spin balanced last fall and had it in for insp two week ago he said the ball joints were a little loose but he didnt think they needed replacing yet..im thinking it could be the tires mastercraft touring tires came with the car. any ideas? also at that speed the front seem to like drift.

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear about this issue your experiencing, I'm sure it can be frustrating, especially at such a crucial speed!

As you believe, it may be tire related, it doesn't take much for the wheels or tire to be out of balance. It could also be ever so slightly warped rotors. This would also give you a vibration, but generally it would be more pronounced at lower speeds too.

There is also a lock washer that sits over one of the wheels studs between the wheel and rotor. Make sure this is in place as well, because if this was removed during the inspection it would give you a vibration as well.

It may also be steering related as well, especially if it wants to wonder at high speeds.

Hopefully one of these suggestions helps you out. If you have any questions, feel free to get back in touch. Best of luck!

-Dan