V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

V6 Dual Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 4/21/10, 09:45 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well after FINALLY finding a buddy that had some high enough jack stands, I could actually start the install. I got about halfway through putting it on, and I encountered a couple hang-ups. I got the y-pipe chopped off and x-pipe put on, but then realized when lining up the mufflers and mid-pipes, that the left rear locations for the muffler hangers were not threaded and I didn't have a big enough tap, so I have to go get one to finish the job. Also, they sent me an 3 sets of clamps, so I had no idea where the hell one set of them went, but I called Pypes and they came to the conclusion that I just had an extra pair. I'm going to hope and pray that the rest of the system is going to go on without a hitch when I get to it Sunday. Riding around with just an x-pipe is going to get annoying. I don't really want to take it to a shop and pay for them to do it because it's so simple, I just need to find the right tools to get it done. Anyone else have problems like this when putting this **** system in?
Attached Images  

Last edited by TGREY V6; 4/21/10 at 09:47 AM.
Old 4/28/10, 12:34 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I stand corrected. The rest of the installation of the system went great! I got a 8x1.25mm tap and went ahead and threaded the holes and then threw the mid-pipes and mufflers on there. All it needed was a little bit of tweaking to get it lined up right. But it wasn't difficult at all. Just makes it easier if you have all the right tools. I'll post pictures as soon as I can. The sound is actually disappointingly quiet. I was expecting to get a little bit more sound out of these mufflers, but I'm sure they will deepen and get a little louder when they get broken in. Overall I'm satisfied with the fitment and installation process of the product. It is a nice and affordable mod for the sixers. Would recommend to anyone looking to convert to dual.
Old 9/14/10, 01:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I put a Pypes kit from Newtakeoff.com on my 05 last year and have had axel to mid pipe clearance issues ever since. Pypes says there is no way that the axel will hit the pipe above it but I have the dents in the pipe to prove it. They could not offer me a solution other than bring it to them in Pennsylvania for an evaluation, an 800 mile round trip for me, good thing I don't live in California.
I'm taking it to Da Silva Racings shop on Thursday in Toronto, he says he's fixed 18 of them this year.
Must be an error in Pypes instructions, which were followed to a "T"