V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Upcoming Mod Questions

Search this Thread

Old 4/28/05, 05:17 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Afternoon all,

I’m getting ready to do some small performance mods and had a few questions first.

The first one is: I’m adding a CAI system with no tune flash and was looking at the MMR and the MAC versions. I have a v6 2005 Mustang. My question is: out of these two which will actually give a better performance boost without a tune. I’m leaning towards the MAC cause it’s slightly cheaper (price only I hope) and I’m also gonna be dressing up the engine compartment and I like the heat shield (don’t believe the MMR has one) also the filter is blue which closely matches my Windveil blue. Anybody have any first hand experience with these items? I’ll forego the MAC if the MMR is a better performer.

The other item I’m looking at is an axle-back muffle system (going single, if I wanted dual I would have bought a GT so please don't suggest I go dual). I’ve seen three: Magnoflow, MAC & JBA out of these the JBA looks the best but all of them seem to having the annoying popping sound and at some point seem a little to high pitched (I have Flowmaster 40 on my 90 GT and love that deep sound). Is there any other axle-back mufflers out that I have missed? I know it’s hard to distinguish the true sound by listening to clips on the internet so does anyone have experience with these systems.

Thanks