V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Tunes for Predator and AEM Bruteforce

Search this Thread

Old 12/17/05, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello guys,

i recently ordered the AEM bruteforce/Predator package from rpmoutlet.com. Now i saw that the AFE package they offer features a special custome CAI tune for the AFE intake and the AEM/Predator package I odered does´nt feature such a special tune for the bruteforce intake.
Does anyone have this package? Is there a special tune included for the AME intake? Will everything i need to just "plug and play" once it arrives here be included?
The reason i ask is because ma aunt ordered the kit for me cause rpmoutlet sadly doesnt ship to europe/germany where i live.

Thank you in aproach

Endemo

PS: Sorry for my bad english and all the faults that will most likely be in this text
Old 12/17/05, 09:49 AM
GT Member

Good Luck with RPM . On October 20 i ordered the AEM for my V6. Firts they sent a Lightning CAI, i returned it. Then they sent the AEM CAi but for a V-8, I returned it. I called on Monday to complain about theit mix up's and they informed me that the AEM for the v-6 was on backorder and that it would take at least 3 weeks to get. I ended up getting the AFE CAI, it is supposed to get here this weekend , lets see what they care to send this time... Good Luck. No tune needed with the AEM or the AFE.
Old 12/18/05, 06:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, I went witht he rpmoutlet combo AFE/Pred a while back. Most here have heard me complain about them. For a manual, you will be fine with the Predator...provided that you can find a local shop that uses it to give it a professional tune. Of course for me in the DC metro area, I could not find one shop nearby that did.

Second, the CAI tune with the AFE combo dosent exist. I emailed/called rpmoutlet for weeks, was referred to diablo and talked to them. No such luck. There are some on the preditor site, but they do not work for our 6's. So if you go with rpmoutlet assume you are only getting the hardware with no tunes.

I'm not saying its a bad deal, $460 for both is an awesome deal. Just letting you know what to look for ahead of time. Check your local performance shops. I had to switch to SCT because my modding addiction would not tolerate me not having a professional tune/shop.

Good luck.
Old 12/27/05, 10:12 PM
GT Member

I also got the RPM experience. I purchased the AFE / Diablo combo, which is advertised clearly as including a C&L custom tune on the RPM site.
First, it arrived without the PC cable advertised so it took me a couple of weeks to get that.
Next, I installed the intake alone to see if it made a difference on it's own. It does require a tune as I immediately got a check engine light and a code that the engine was running too lean. After clearing the codes, the light came back on the first time I stepped on it hard.
When connecting the Predator, I noticed the lack of a C&L tune. I was not happy about that but went with the 87 & 91 octane tunes for a trial run. Neither really made any difference in performance other than to hit my gas mileage by about 2 mpg.
I e-mailed RPM to ask about the C&L tune and received a generic reply that " the AFE intake doesn't require a special tune ". No elaboration on the advertised tune or offers to help find one. I will now either have to locate a good tune for the unit, return it and buy an X-Cal or other more popular tuner, or remove the CAI as I'm not going to run around with the check engine light on all the time.
Has anybody else located a good tune for this unit or received more info from RPM? Subsequent e-mails asking about the advertised C&L tune have received no reply, however their ad still has it listed as part of the package.
Old 12/28/05, 09:37 AM
GT Member

I still have not received my AFE from RPM , they are the worst online store ever. Not only have they taken 2 weks to send the new intake ,but when i call them they lie , saying that it shipped last week bla bla bla, Called UPS they told me it actually shipped yesterday and ground instead of 2nd day air as they had promised. There are better places out there to bad i had to choose that dump, I am pretty sure they have monkeys running their shipping department. Sorry for the rant , i hate RPM Outlet... :notnice:
Old 12/28/05, 05:04 PM

I just talked to my aunt in the US. My AME Bruteforce arrived today. And yes its the right one (V6).
My aunt also told me that she had trouble bigtime with rpmoutlet. Well, thank god shes a pretty resolute one and we now have what we ordered.
I wish all of you guys, that still have trouble with them, the best of luck! Hope you receive your stuff soon!

Endemo
Old 12/29/05, 08:53 AM
Bullitt Member

I got the Brute Force w/o the tuner (no tune needed) from RPM. Ordered it on a Friday and got it that next Wednesday w/o any issues. Sorry to hear some people have had bad experiences with them. I love it by the way. Now just saving up some money for an XCal 2.
Old 12/29/05, 04:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't have problems getting my tuner/cai on time, it was thier tech support. They didn't know jack about the CAI tune that was advertised to come with the combo.
Old 12/29/05, 08:56 PM
GT Member

other than being pissed it's a predator and not an SCT, I had nothing but a fine experience with RPM. Ordered on a thursday, got it the following friday, 6 business days is not so bad with a package the size of a CAI.

I run the performance tune that came loaded on the Predator which I 'guestimated' needed to add a little fuel to since I figured the AEM made it lean out a bit. it is peppier now with a little more fuel than the prefab tune. I wouldn't recommend doing what I did, but I'm almost rich enough to get a professional tune (and probably an SCT X2). I might be making the trip out to AL to visit doug :P