V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Today's dyno run...

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/06, 09:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(firestang70 @ February 26, 2006, 11:46 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
scrming,rygen,fazm,jimp you guys rock! You guys are doing awesome things with your rides! I myself thought MSP had a tantrum before and refused to post here. Why don't you guys ignore his posts? We all know when he comes up with something, it is the greatest ever. First it was the exhaust and it was the only exhaust, then it was the Pro chamber, there was nothing better then that. Now it is the Vortech. I am tired of the defensive childish responses and mucked threads from one individual. Sorry to ramble off topic, I just can't take it. I am a GT owner and impressed with ALL of your advances for the Stang community. Grow up and keep it on the original topic. Sorry fellas, I'm feeling better!
[/b][/quote]

Thanks man [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] , we have a lot of members here that are passionate about the stang! We see a new member everyday making a modification to thier ride which is really cool.
Old 2/26/06, 10:09 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
It is really cool to see the ammount of V6ers on this board with performance in mind.

Good to see this section grow like a family....
Old 2/26/06, 11:54 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MSP I am not afraid to get raped by a Blown,juiced or, turbo V6. I have told scrming,jimp,fazm,rygen I look forward to the day that they blow my socks and I will salute them for building a nice fast ride. You sir will never be able to do that to me for a couple of reasons. 1. You will never have the gumption to run a real race on a real track. 2. I wont be driving a ricer and racing you from a dig on the street.3. I can't afford to buy two dynos side by side so you can kill me with your numbers. I will have an excellent day sir. No, I do not despise you. I envy you that you have had the opportunity to have your car modded to that level. I am tired of all the paranoia. You have a great car, there will be faster. I have a great car, there will be faster. I can live with not having the fastest car. I can live with respect of having a beautiful and well maintained pony car. MSP you have a great day! Don't let verything get to you, life is too short. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/26/06, 12:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Scrming has the most torque, hands down, thats what this post was about. over 400rwtq on 100shot, on a 4.0 thats pretty amazing.

Scrming, do you think you might eventually swap those 4.10s out with 3.73s or even lower? (numerically)
Old 2/26/06, 12:41 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ February 26, 2006, 2:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Scrming has the most torque, hands down, thats what this post was about. over 400rwtq on 100shot, on a 4.0 thats pretty amazing.
Scrming, do you think you might eventually swap those 4.10s out with 3.73s or even lower? (numerically)
[/b][/quote]

Yea, I want to know too!!!! Still gonna cling to those 4.10's?
Old 2/26/06, 12:49 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ February 26, 2006, 11:43 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 2/26/06, 12:50 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ February 26, 2006, 2:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

well... the thing is I love the way the 4.10s run on the street when I'm not spraying... so from that perspective it would be very hard to give them up! LOL!

And who knows... some day I maybe be able to get the car to not spin!! The other thing is I've only gone to Test-n-Tunes... at the tiny little local tracks... For T-n-T the tracks aren't always prepped the best... that's another reason I want to go to Orlando... A big event like that, the track should be pretty well prepped... So hopefully the car will hook better than before... also this will be the first time with the MMR rear drag shocks....
Old 2/26/06, 02:05 PM
GT Member

There is a group of us, from my station going to our drag strip in May on a T n T nite. The name is Edgewater and I haven't been there in 5 or 6 years. There will be a wide variety of vehicles going to get in on and have some laughs! One will be an 05 V6 AT. I have been trying to get him to purchase a Zex kit. I have been throwing him the numbers you guys have been posting. He couldn't believe it. I told him he could be running as fast or faster for little cash! He said he was going to start snooping around this site! So keep up the good work! And for info I'm truly not trolling. Originally was going to order an 06 MT pony package, got a little extra cash. So I ordered a GT. My heart is with you guys and hope that you keep breaking down these performance barriers.
Old 2/26/06, 02:16 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(firestang70 @ February 26, 2006, 4:08 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
There is a group of us, from my station going to our drag strip in May on a T n T nite. The name is Edgewater and I haven't been there in 5 or 6 years. There will be a wide variety of vehicles going to get in on and have some laughs! One will be an 05 V6 AT. I have been trying to get him to purchase a Zex kit. I have been throwing him the numbers you guys have been posting. He couldn't believe it. I told him he could be running as fast or faster for little cash! He said he was going to start snooping around this site! So keep up the good work! And for info I'm truly not trolling. Originally was going to order an 06 MT pony package, got a little extra cash. So I ordered a GT. My heart is with you guys and hope that you keep breaking down these performance barriers.
[/b][/quote]

Here's my write up on my Zex install in case you or your buddy is wondering...

http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Mustang/Scream...Mustang.htm#Zex

Yeah, i can't wait to get back to the track...
Old 2/26/06, 02:32 PM
GT Member

Thanks scrming. I'll make sure he looks it over.
Old 2/26/06, 06:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Ill take that first bet saying you wont run deep 12s on the first, 2nd or 3rd run without changing your suspension/tires. Since you are against drag radials, and still have no posi unit installed, as it sits in your garage, under your bed, or wherever, shows you have no intention on racing anytime soon at the track.

If you plan on dumpin the clutch with street tires, you are going to set the pace for a 340rwhp 14 second quarter mile. I cant even dump the clutch at circa 200rwhp (not even at 2500rpm)
Old 2/26/06, 06:34 PM

Welcome to the forums!!!! Always good to have another member join. Tell us about yourself, background, car, plans, etc. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/27/06, 11:19 AM
I Have No Life

Arrow

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

Please refer to the forum rules, and stick to the topic at hand.
The mods have a right to edit/delete any and all posts, and will use that right in the near future if every thread becomes a flamefest.

Not pointing fingers, as well I don't really HAVE to...we all know what I'm talking about.

There have been numerous complaints in the last little while about members postings.

We want to keep this website as friendly and informative as possible,
and if need be, we can use the right to have users posts approved, which is something we do not want to use.

Do not reply to this,
as the posts will get edited anyway, so don't waste the time.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

Thank you, and happy posting
Old 2/27/06, 01:44 PM
I Have No Life

The thread has been cleansed...somewhat.

I'm sorry to those who got posts edited/deleted in this process.
I hope you understand the reasons.

Back on topic, keep the flaming of people off the board, and take it to personal messages to talk to each other individually/carry on a conversation.

This thread is about the Torque Monster.
Old 2/28/06, 06:18 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 25, 2006, 7:11 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks! I'm sure one of Rygen's spys will keep him informed! My sources says, Rygen has been working on positioning a spy satelite over Orlando next weekend!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

John,
I love it when you get angry - LOL. Hey if you pass through SC on your way give me a shout and I'll buy you a cup.
Old 3/2/06, 06:27 PM

Don't forget everyone, Scrming did put in drag shocks last year and hasn't made a pass with them yet. They will certainly help him hook.
Old 3/8/06, 11:27 AM

I really don't want to make another topic just for this question.

I'll be getting my SCT-2 and C&L combo next week and figure I'll dyno around 185HP/260TQ (I think that's very conservative). Any idea what my 1/4 E/T will be? High 14's perhaps?

Hoping scrming remembers or has some sort of record when he only had intake and tune.

Thanks!
Old 3/8/06, 06:04 PM
Cobra R Member

sct and C&L only, and the dual exhaust? Auto or manual? Still on the stock tires?

With just an intake and tune i ran a 14.73 with my 5 speed manaul. With the auto id say maybe a 14.9 or a 15.0 would be a good run.
Old 3/9/06, 09:17 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ March 8, 2006, 5:07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
sct and C&L only, and the dual exhaust? Auto or manual? Still on the stock tires?

With just an intake and tune i ran a 14.73 with my 5 speed manaul. With the auto id say maybe a 14.9 or a 15.0 would be a good run.
[/b][/quote]

Automatic, stock everything except exhaust.
Old 3/9/06, 04:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 25, 2006, 4:02 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
yep... ups the TQ reading and lowers the HP... or so I've been led to believe...
[/b][/quote]
John,
I hope you don't mind me jumping in here but, I disagree with you on this point. Your 4.10's cost you a small amount of both torque and hp. This is due to the fact that higher reduction ratio's are inherently more inefficient. If you ignore that small loss, the Dyno could care less what ratio is in there. Your high torque is purely due to your N2O setup.
BTW, nice numbers [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] I will make sure I stay away from you.

The Boss Hog

Quick Reply: Today's dyno run...