V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Today's dyno run...

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/06, 10:12 AM
MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OOOPS!! Darn, thought that might get Scrming to up the shot! Guess not! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

I was hoping he would consider upping the shot, but not take it so personal.. Looks like everyone took it personal..
Old 2/25/06, 11:17 AM
MSP
Banned

LOL!! In time my friend.. In time.. You know my original goal was to run with the Powerhouse car.. Which is an 11.81 ET.. This has always been my goal.. Also, in regards to how much I do have invested remember my plan was to purchase the Pipeline Turbo the first of this year.. So I made enough room on the credit card for this.. Then this Vortech deal came along and it worked out to be cheaper..

Now, I like the Vortech.. Saved alittle money or credit and will move forward.. You know its really dissapointing that you have responded this way to my pushing you.. You have taken this personal once again for no reason.. My pushing you to run the 125 shot is because I know your capable of doing it safley.. You have good people around you.. The 125 shot is also very safe for your car still..

Jimp, Fazm, and everyone else drove their own cars to the times they have displayed in their sig.. They are not posing..
Old 2/25/06, 11:36 AM
Cobra Member

At least I have the guts to DRIVE MY CAR at the track... Instead of sitting behind the computer running imaginary races in my head... The real world is not as nice and neat as all your fancy little calculations... So you keep playing with your little Dyno Queen...

At least I have time slips.... I've driven my car to a 13.7 before the rain started the last day of the season... Lidio got the last run of the day in...

The 13.41 is valid... My car is a team effort... I am the car owner... Lidio is the part-time team driver. Lidio and Scott our my engineering team. By your logic your Dyno runs are invalid since you didn't INSTALL THE VORTECH YOURSELF!!

At this time next weekend I will be RACING my car at a NATIONAL EVENT in front of large crowd with a lot of magazine coverage.. I WILL BE BEHIND THE WHEEL! Lidio and I are running in the same class.... I will be out there actually racing with the Big Boys while you sit around trying to calculate whether you should shift at 5982 or 5985...
Old 2/25/06, 11:45 AM
Cobra R Member

FINALLY someone (scrming) said what ive been thinkin for a long time lol.

Dyno queens are boring, its all aobut the track. Ive seen a 850rwhp supra that couldnt break 14s .

First time i dragged i took a stock trans am to a 16.1 quarter mile. Then worked my way to get it down to 12.9 Then down to 9.7 (street tires) and 8.37 (on slicks, not driven by me) after heavy mods.
Old 2/25/06, 11:52 AM
Cobra Member

Do you have a short term memory problem.. just yesterday you wrote in this VERY THREAD:

"Thats should definatley allow you to break into the 12's now.. For sure.. "

hmmmm....
Old 2/25/06, 12:02 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 25, 2006, 10:55 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Do you have a short term memory problem.. just yesterday you wrote in this VERY THREAD:

"Thats should definatley allow you to break into the 12's now.. For sure.. "

hmmmm....
[/b][/quote]

Well do it then.. Stop fighting with me, cause I wanted you to increase the shot to 125..

412RWTQ is awsome Scrming, but remember you have 4.10's.. Unless you plan on running Drag radials, its going to be even harder for you to beat your old time.. What this means is you will have to be alittle more careful with your launch, and then make up the time with your increased HP in the last 1/8th..

12's can happen if your willing to run drag radials, because then your additional HP in the last 1/8th will be able to carry you through the traps faster than before..

I think it would be best if the HP and TQ curve were alittle closer.. Like 300RWHP 362RWTQ.. Instead your torque makes it even harder to control the 4.10's, and puts alot of pressure on 267RWHP to get to 12.xx..

You should ask Lideo if there is anything he can do to even out the HP vs TQ curve.. There has got to be something he can do to allow you to have a more controlled launch, plus have enough HP to finish..

In your tune, remember more fuel gives you more TQ, more air gives you more HP.. This means when setting up the A/F, it is important to try and balance these two out in order to get the best of both..

Again, let me say this..

When tunning... More fuel in your tune gives more TQ.. More Air gives more HP.. Remember that.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Looking again at your dyno sheet, it looks like you have more room to add more air to your tune.. Remember your running Nitrous.. You wont have to worry about detonation so much.. Which means, since the nitrous is also cooling you piston chamber you can add more air, to increase you HP.. I would see if Lideo can set it to about 12 A/F at WOT you would be at 300RWHP, and about 375RWTQ..
Old 2/25/06, 01:24 PM
V6 Member

I Think this is ridiculous! I completely understand why John doesnt want to put in the 125 shot. Its easy to just switch the jets and pull a better time, or put down more power, but its a real challenge to take what you have and make it faster by not adding power, but improving driving and suspension components to make everything work in harmony. MSP, you could easily up the boost to create more power in the same sense, but that is taking the easy way out, it doesnt make you any better of a driver, it just compensates for your lack of driving skills to make your car faster. John's 13.41 counts no matter who drove his car, it was his car that made the run, the time just tells the potential of the car, and it gives him something to work for, knowing that he needs to practice to make his times as fast as they could be. And if im not mistaken, didnt you say the you would consider letting Fazm drive your car just to be sure he couldnt pull any better times, just as long as he didnt wind your engine over 5500 rpm's?
Old 2/25/06, 04:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Dyno queen isn't a good term, but if you choose to take it that way, its up to you. For your sake i hope your first run isnt in the 14s, and if it is, i hope theres someone else there to witness it. Ill admit my first run in my mustang was a 16.8, the very next run was a 16.1 (479 miles on the car). Theres a lot to learn when it comes to power. power does not always equal faster.
Old 2/25/06, 04:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ February 25, 2006, 6:15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Dyno queen isn't a good term, but if you choose to take it that way, its up to you. For your sake i hope your first run isnt in the 14s, and if it is, i hope theres someone else there to witness it. Ill admit my first run in my mustang was a 16.8, the very next run was a 16.1 (479 miles on the car). Theres a lot to learn when it comes to power. power does not always equal faster.
[/b][/quote]

What about the term "drag queen"? That applies at the track...right?!?!?!?

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 2/25/06, 04:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Ill take the title drag king if ya like lol. Not into the crossdressing
Old 2/25/06, 04:21 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ February 25, 2006, 6:18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ill take the title drag king if ya like lol. Not into the crossdressing
[/b][/quote]

The wife and I have discussed this... it's strictly a comfort issue... really... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 2/25/06, 04:40 PM
Cobra R Member

On topic... scrming. You going to be takin video at the track? Im tryin to find someone to go with me when i go so i can get some video work like i did a few times ago.
Old 2/25/06, 04:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

You guys go too far... everyone go back to playing nicely before a mod steps in on this one too.
Old 2/25/06, 04:48 PM
V6 Member

Wow. Somebody needs a time out, I think.

Or needs to up his meds. Or lower them. Or get on some in the first place.
Old 2/25/06, 04:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Hey give me some meds. Ive got a headache thats just killin me, and work this week was insane lol
Old 2/25/06, 05:11 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ February 25, 2006, 6:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
On topic... scrming. You going to be takin video at the track? Im tryin to find someone to go with me when i go so i can get some video work like i did a few times ago.
[/b][/quote]

I'm sure hoping to! Even if it's just the Friday night test and tune...
Old 2/25/06, 05:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 25, 2006, 7:14 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm sure hoping to! Even if it's just the Friday night test and tune...
[/b][/quote]

Scrming, are you going to try to get your LCA's adjusted before this event? You mentioned adjusting them in my LCA post, and it would be cool if you were able to optimize them some more.
Old 2/25/06, 05:34 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 25, 2006, 7:35 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Scrming, are you going to try to get your LCA's adjusted before this event? You mentioned adjusting them in my LCA post, and it would be cool if you were able to optimize them some more.
[/b][/quote]

No... i think i'll wait until I'm closer to home and i ask Scott and Lidio about it... My guess is until I get stickier tires it won't make much of a difference! LOL!
Old 2/26/06, 09:43 AM
GT Member

scrming,rygen,fazm,jimp you guys rock! You guys are doing awesome things with your rides! I myself thought MSP had a tantrum before and refused to post here. Why don't you guys ignore his posts? We all know when he comes up with something, it is the greatest ever. First it was the exhaust and it was the only exhaust, then it was the Pro chamber, there was nothing better then that. Now it is the Vortech. I am tired of the defensive childish responses and mucked threads from one individual. Sorry to ramble off topic, I just can't take it. I am a GT owner and impressed with ALL of your advances for the Stang community. Grow up and keep it on the original topic. Sorry fellas, I'm feeling better!
Old 2/26/06, 09:50 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(firestang70 @ February 26, 2006, 11:46 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
scrming,rygen,fazm,jimp you guys rock! You guys are doing awesome things with your rides! I myself thought MSP had a tantrum before and refused to post here. Why don't you guys ignore his posts? We all know when he comes up with something, it is the greatest ever. First it was the exhaust and it was the only exhaust, then it was the Pro chamber, there was nothing better then that. Now it is the Vortech. I am tired of the defensive childish responses and mucked threads from one individual. Sorry to ramble off topic, I just can't take it. I am a GT owner and impressed with ALL of your advances for the Stang community. Grow up and keep it on the original topic. Sorry fellas, I'm feeling better!
[/b][/quote]

I like you already! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Today's dyno run...