V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Today's dyno run...

Search this Thread

Old 2/24/06, 07:20 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok.. Wanted to make a couple more dyno pulls before I headed off to Orlando next week... Last time we sprayed the car had the Magnflow muffler and the bottle pressure was only about 800 PSI..

So today I turned the bottle heaters on when I left the house.. put the back seats down to warm the trunk... Got to Lidio's and the bottle pressure was about 925 PSI...

The new numbers are..... 267RWHP / 412RWTQ!!!

Also... I let Scott from MRT drive the car around the block with the Zex on... Let's just say... even Scott was giggling!!!! You could tell Scott was enjoying the Zex!!!!

here's today's sheet:

Old 2/24/06, 07:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 24, 2006, 9:23 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ok.. Wanted to make a couple more dyno pulls before I headed off to Orlando next week... Last time we sprayed the car had the Magnflow muffler and the bottle pressure was only about 800 PSI..

So today I turned the bottle heaters on when I left the house.. put the back seats down to warm the trunk... Got to Lidio's and the bottle pressure was about 925 PSI...

Also... I let Scott from MRT drive the car around the block with the Zex on... Let's just say... even Scott was giggling!!!! You could tell Scott was enjoying the Zex!!!!

[/b][/quote]

Nice [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

The peak torque comes in nice and low in the RPM range too. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img]
Old 2/24/06, 07:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holy Crap. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/worship.gif[/img]

John, you are the man. Most impressive. And you got usable power for the entire band, your track times should look awesome next weekend.
Old 2/24/06, 07:35 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 24, 2006, 8:23 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

here's today's sheet:

[/b][/quote]

LMAO WOW!!!

I can't stop laughing holy cow way to go you have to get that car to hook up thsi summer soon!!! slicks or drag radials so we can see the real ET.

Your lead just got bigger.
Old 2/24/06, 07:36 PM

John,

You need to update your sig!!!!
Old 2/24/06, 07:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Scrming you know what else I would do if I was you and worried about slicks and rear end, axles etc I would go to a few junk yards and just let them know you looking for a 05-06 GT complete rear end give you a call if anything comes in I'm thinking 3-$500.00.

I know it sounds low percentage but some of those junk yards if you know what I mean, this is part of my own plan for my car.
Old 2/24/06, 07:45 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJ06 @ February 24, 2006, 9:40 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Scrming you know what else I would do if I was you and worried about slicks and rear end, axles etc I would go to a few junk yards and just let them know you looking for a GT complete rear end give you a call if anything comes in. I'm thinking 3-$500.00.
I know it sounds low percentage but some of those junk yards if you know what I mean ,this is part of my own plan for my car.
[/b][/quote]

The funny thing is... I goto the track solo... and I really hate the idea of having to swap tires at the track... LOL! I figure if I have to swap tires, it's going to be to much like work! LOL! Soooooo... for now I'll run my street tires... LOL! However... both Lidio and Scott think that the 7.5 will hold up fine with DRs and my automatic...
Old 2/24/06, 07:51 PM
GT Member

Congrats John! So what do i tell Lidio...Do i ask for
"John's Nitrous Tune" or is there a special codeword i have to use, lol. Those 12s are right around the corner, Good luck!
Old 2/24/06, 08:36 PM
MSP
Banned

The competition is getting fierce! Looks like a late last 1/8th victory to me..

No wait a minute.. I'll get this over way before the 1/8th! LOL! Just kiddin Scrming! Those are some nice numbers man! Way to go..

Thats should definatley allow you to break into the 12's now.. For sure.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/24/06, 08:47 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 24, 2006, 10:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

No wait a minute.. I'll get this over way before the 1/8th! LOL! Just kiddin Scrming! Those are some nice numbers man! Way to go..

Thats should definatley allow you to break into the 12's now.. For sure.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Meet me in Orlando next weekend.... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 2/24/06, 08:56 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 24, 2006, 10:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Dyno sheets are fun, but I'm gonna wait till I put down some track runs with time slips before I can guess how I will stack up to John. He's the only bench mark I have, and I'm hoping I can come in the neighborhood of his stang when it comes to times.

Remember, if John can hook that 412 TQ, we are in deep trouble. It will be interesting indeed, can't wait to see everyones time slips...I'm chomping at the bit for next weekend, when I go to track and get my first runs in.

Then we will see John! But you are a pioneer....well done! My hats off to ya. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/25/06, 01:13 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice numbers dude. Your high torque is mostly due to your 4.10 gears, right?
Old 2/25/06, 01:59 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 25, 2006, 3:16 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Nice numbers dude. Your high torque is mostly due to your 4.10 gears, right?
[/b][/quote]

yep... ups the TQ reading and lowers the HP... or so I've been led to believe...
Old 2/25/06, 02:13 AM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 24, 2006, 7:59 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Dyno sheets are fun, but I'm gonna wait till I put down some track runs with time slips before I can guess how I will stack up to John. He's the only bench mark I have, and I'm hoping I can come in the neighborhood of his stang when it comes to times.

Remember, if John can hook that 412 TQ, we are in deep trouble. It will be interesting indeed, can't wait to see everyones time slips...I'm chomping at the bit for next weekend, when I go to track and get my first runs in.

Then we will see John! But you are a pioneer....well done! My hats off to ya. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Dyno Sheets are needed so wasted trips to the track dont take place.. Remember, I have no interest in wearing out my car with track passes that dont and wont meet or exceed my expectations..

When I go to a track, a minimum for me is a deep 12ish run.. Wearing my car out for 13's is not ever gonna happen..

Scrming did it first to prove a point for us.. I thank him for that.. But for him to continually go and run on a 100shot to me is ridiculous.. Now it should be noted that he could have added some things to get the car to hook better.. Thats fine.. That will shave off 1 or 2 tenths.. No problem.. But he still runnin 13's.. I would like to see him increase the shot to 125, so he an make a mad dash after the 1/8th..

I understand he is going to say he cant get it to hook with the 100shot.. My reply will be then stop wearing out your car until you can get it to hook..

Look guys, until I am promised a deep 12 even with a bad launch, I have no interest in wearing out my car and stressing it in the 1/4 mile.. When I'm ready then I will fall hands over feet to get to the track.. Until then, I'll save it till I'm ready..

Put it this way Scrming.. As far as I am concerned if you dont run a 12.95 ET, dont post the recipet.. So you better be prepared to post a reciept which is no where close to a 13.2.. Unerstanding your best run is 13.4.. If you cant run better than a 12.95, then go to the track and watch.. What do you have to prove? To me you have already proven you love these cars.. In my opinon, going to the track with a 100shot is ruining your car.. Because you have made a billion passes already with it.. Lets do something new.. Lets run a deep 12 with a 125 shot.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Also, looking at your HP you cant run faster than 13.xx.. Its impossible.. You dont have enough HP to finish out the run..

Please dont be upset with me John or Scrming, whichever you prefer.. Increase the shot to 125 and I'll support you.. Until then, your a Mustang V6 destroyer! LOL!
Old 2/25/06, 03:19 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 25, 2006, 4:16 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Dyno Sheets are needed so wasted trips to the track dont take place.. Remember, I have no interest in wearing out my car with track passes that dont and wont meet or exceed my expectations..

When I go to a track, a minimum for me is a deep 12ish run.. Wearing my car out for 13's is not ever gonna happen..

Scrming did it first to prove a point for us.. I thank him for that.. But for him to continually go and run on a 100shot to me is ridiculous.. Now it should be noted that he could have added some things to get the car to hook better.. Thats fine.. That will shave off 1 or 2 tenths.. No problem.. But he still runnin 13's.. I would like to see him increase the shot to 125, so he an make a mad dash after the 1/8th..

I understand he is going to say he cant get it to hook with the 100shot.. My reply will be then stop wearing out your car until you can get it to hook..

Look guys, until I am promised a deep 12 even with a bad launch, I have no interest in wearing out my car and stressing it in the 1/4 mile.. When I'm ready then I will fall hands over feet to get to the track.. Until then, I'll save it till I'm ready..

Put it this way Scrming.. As far as I am concerned if you dont run a 12.95 ET, dont post the recipet.. So you better be prepared to post a reciept which is no where close to a 13.2.. Unerstanding your best run is 13.4.. If you cant run better than a 12.95, then go to the track and watch.. What do you have to prove? To me you have already proven you love these cars.. In my opinon, going to the track with a 100shot is ruining your car.. Because you have made a billion passes already with it.. Lets do something new.. Lets run a deep 12 with a 125 shot.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Also, looking at your HP you cant run faster than 13.xx.. Its impossible.. You dont have enough HP to finish out the run..

Please dont be upset with me John or Scrming, whichever you prefer.. Increase the shot to 125 and I'll support you.. Until then, your a Mustang V6 destroyer! LOL!
[/b][/quote]

What you'ld rather wear your car out on the dyno? You don't think a dyno run stresses a car? No... You'ld rather risk killing some innocent people with your wreckless street racing? Don't give me your line of crap about being a safe driver with your fancy haz-mat license... Accidents happen... other people do unexpected things on the road... we hear and see the carnage every week... Innocent people get killed... Street racing is absolutely foolish... Take it to the track where it belongs! In Flint, Michigan if you get caught street racing they will sieze your car and auction it!

And every time I go to the track my times improve! Or I learn something new! You learn nothing about how the car handles and how the suspension is working with your car sitting on a Dyno... How many guys have learned things from my track experience... case in point, the horrible stock LCAs! I know there are number of people who appreciate my trips to the track!

So why don't you put your money (or should I say Vortech's money!) where your mouth is and take your Dyno Queen to the track! Make one or two passes... what could be the harm in that? Have some one video it so there is no doubt it is you... Until you prove other wise your car is simply a a 15 second car... and an accident going somewhere to happen...
Old 2/25/06, 04:17 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 25, 2006, 4:22 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
What you'ld rather wear your car out on the dyno? You don't think a dyno run stresses a car? No... You'ld rather risk killing some innocent people with your wreckless street racing? Don't give me your line of crap about being a safe driver with your fancy haz-mat license... Accidents happen... other people do unexpected things on the road... we hear and see the carnage every week... Innocent people get killed... Street racing is absolutely foolish... Take it to the track where it belongs! In Flint, Michigan if you get caught street racing they will sieze your car and auction it!

And every time I go to the track my times improve! Or I learn something new! You learn nothing about how the car handles and how the suspension is working with your car sitting on a Dyno... How many guys have learned things from my track experience... case in point, the horrible stock LCAs! I know there are number of people who appreciate my trips to the track!

So why don't you put your money (or should I say Vortech's money!) where your mouth is and take your Dyno Queen to the track! Make one or two passes... what could be the harm in that? Have some one video it so there is no doubt it is you... Until you prove other wise your car is simply a a 15 second car... and an accident going somewhere to happen...
[/b][/quote]

Great post I have to agree with everything you said here Scrming makes pefect sense to me and a lot of good points, no offense MSP!

T
Old 2/25/06, 05:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Nice numbers, Scrming!!! Man, that much torque must really shove you back into the seat [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

Awesome numbers...can't wait to get your report from FL. I trust you're taking a laptop and will have net access so you can give us nearly live updates [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
Old 2/25/06, 05:08 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hambone @ February 25, 2006, 7:05 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Nice numbers, Scrming!!! Man, that much torque must really shove you back into the seat [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

Awesome numbers...can't wait to get your report from FL. I trust you're taking a laptop and will have net access so you can give us nearly live updates [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Thanks! I'm sure one of Rygen's spys will keep him informed! My sources says, Rygen has been working on positioning a spy satelite over Orlando next weekend!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 2/25/06, 05:30 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJ06 @ February 25, 2006, 6:20 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Great post I have to agree with everything you said here Scrming makes pefect sense to me and a lot of good points, no offense MSP!
T
[/b][/quote]

I have to agree with Scrming and TJ. I have learned a lot on these boards, at the shop and soon at the track and I have a long way to go!!!!! There is still so much I simply do not know. But I do have some opinions about this, as follows:

Scrming doesn’t have enough HP to finish the run/break into the 12's

I don't agree with this! Why? Because Paul broke into the 12's with a 75HP shot. Sure, he pretty much converted his 6 test mule into a dedicated track car, but he's still running 12's on a 75 HP shot, and 13's NA and with less HP than Rick (Rick just hit 213 if you remember). It's not just about HP numbers, it's also about how you drive, and more importantly, putting it to the ground! I don't want to be like some import dyno queen that can only go from a roll!

Scrming shouldn't post a time slip unless he breaks into the 12's

Scrming, please post any time sheet you get, be it 14's, 13's, 12's whatever. We are all here to help each other!!!!!

If John hits 13.2, then he’s doing better, and his latest round of mods helped. If he hits 13 flat, Amazing!!!!!! A 13 second V6 is awesome and very respectable. I am along the same lines as John, its about the sport, learning and improving!

And what about Fazm, Jimp and PR? They are going to the track giving important information as well!

My advice, get a helmet: https://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv...ey=OrderItemAdd

Grab some coffee, drive the 2 hours to the track with a friend, and post up some time slips.

Next weekend, I will be driving 1.5 hours to the track, because its the only one open this early and really want to see how my car is doing.

Wearing my car out for 13's is not ever gonna happen

@MSP, I commend you for your goals, I really do. You aim high. However, I accept I am not the most knowledgeable on these boards, but I do listen to those with experience, and you won't be breaking into the 12's without some rear-end work. I really want you to succeed, so please get that TLOK installed before you go to the track, and I would really consider some LCA's. LCA's are a cheap upgrade relatively speaking that will help you a lot!

Scrming=V6 Mustang Destroyer

I don't agree with this either, John is going about the hobby the same way he would about IT (no offense to you non IT guys). He is breaking everything apart and analyzing each item, and its effect on the overall outcome. In addition, he understands he doesn’t know enough about cars, and partners with Alternative Auto, MRT, etc. He is constantly asking questions, having Lidio constantly check his car to make sure it is ok.

We are all putting stress on our cars, regardless what rpm we are making power, what power adder we use or what our power band looks like. Considering all of this, then so be it, add me to this list, add Paul, Belial, BlackLX (Jimp) and some more soon to be getting blown!

In addition, I got 29 dyno pulls, shouldn't I be worried?

Final thoughts

I usually try to be reserved, and enjoy the hobby, and not engage into heated arguments. The reason for this is I love the hobby too much to waste time on heated arguments, and the second reason is because I have to engage in difficult discussions all day long at work, why do it here. .... However, yes the magic however, I have a strong opinion on this one, and no offense MSP, but I really can't wait to see some slips on your beast of a mustang. Until you do this, 12's are just speculation, especially considering you are running a stock rear end. I remember not to long ago, before Vortech used you as the test mule, you were thinking Mikes turbo, one of the SC kits and possibly the Zex just to get started. If you went the Zex route, would you have started in the 12's?

So I'm taking it to the track, just like the majority of the mod nuts here! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] I don't ever want to be compared to a import dyno queen. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]

So next weekend gentlemen, several of us will be at the track. Let's get it on!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 25, 2006, 7:11 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks! I'm sure one of Rygen's spys will keep him informed! My sources says, Rygen has been working on positioning a spy satelite over Orlando next weekend!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Absolutely, you can count on me! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/25/06, 06:43 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 25, 2006, 5:22 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

I'd have to agree here. I've learned a lot from your "track times"(I'm glad they don't move your posts!) and have used the information to plan my attack. 13.4 is not all that far from 12s and with drag radials I think you'd be right there. Not to mention how much you've learned yourself about drag racing and how to be a better driver. I've only been twice and I know I haven't made enough passes to really get dialed-in to my car's capabilities. MSP will need more than HP to get into the 12s. It takes track experience to be able to get the best times.

Quick Reply: Today's dyno run...