V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Throttle Body Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 1/7/06, 03:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.modularmustangracing.com/

MMR has a throttle body spacer for $60. They claim 10HP/TQ increases. Can anyone weigh in on this mod?

I mean, $60 is a night at the movies (here in DC, anyway), so the cost is nothing. I will probably order the darn thing BUT it will go on with the headers, Prochamber, duals, 93 Tune, so the gains from just it will be "lost in the sauce" when I dyno and tune everything. However, has anyone used one on another car or know if they actually give gains? Any gains for $60 and I will be happy.
Old 1/7/06, 03:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

I have the T/B Spacer on my GT and its fantastic! It's a bang for the buck! If you want a little more horsepower and torque, this def gives you it. It also increased your GAS MILEAGE, and def. gets ride of that throttle lag with the electronic T/B! I have the JET one for the GT, I called JET about it a while ago and they said they weren't going to make one for the V6, however Airaid, another T/B Spacer co said they were in the process of designing one! I would def. go for it.
Old 1/7/06, 03:12 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Excepcion13@January 7, 2006, 5:04 PM
http://www.modularmustangracing.com/

MMR has a throttle body spacer for $60. They claim 10HP/TQ increases. Can anyone weigh in on this mod?

I mean, $60 is a night at the movies (here in DC, anyway), so the cost is nothing. I will probably order the darn thing BUT it will go on with the headers, Prochamber, duals, 93 Tune, so the gains from just it will be "lost in the sauce" when I dyno and tune everything. However, has anyone used one on another car or know if they actually give gains? Any gains for $60 and I will be happy.
No, No, No!!! Just send me the $60 and I'll do a magic dance around a picture of your car and it will instantly have 20 more HP!!!! I'll even post a video of it so you can be assured the car has been magically enchanted!!! LOL!

So I guess now you know how I feel about the TBS and MMR... LOL!
Old 1/7/06, 03:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Umm, by the way, i just checked MMR, its for a GT, not a V6! did you post this in the wrong forum?
Old 1/7/06, 03:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

I may be mistaken, but I think that's for the GT.
Old 1/7/06, 03:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Maverick...ya beat me to it! Looks like we were typing at the exact same minute.
Old 1/7/06, 03:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by MaverickMLFD371@January 7, 2006, 6:17 PM
Umm, by the way, i just checked MMR, its for a GT, not a V6! did you post this in the wrong forum?
The site says, "

MMR Throttle Body Spacer

This bolt on increases plenum volume and increases power and torque by up to 10HP/10lb ft lbs!! Complete w/hardware and instructions. Works with ALL throttle bodies and Intake kits. Supercharged vehicles see even more increases!"

I couldn't see where it was GT specific, but you have a good point. I will call before I order.
Old 1/7/06, 03:30 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Excepcion13@January 7, 2006, 5:24 PM
The site says, "

MMR Throttle Body Spacer

This bolt on increases plenum volume and increases power and torque by up to 10HP/10lb ft lbs!! Complete w/hardware and instructions. Works with ALL throttle bodies and Intake kits. Supercharged vehicles see even more increases!"

I couldn't see where it was GT specific, but you have a good point. I will call before I order.

MMR has a GT version and will be releasing a V6 version soon...
Old 1/7/06, 03:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by scrming@January 7, 2006, 6:15 PM
No, No, No!!! Just send me the $60 and I'll do a magic dance around a picture of your car and it will instantly have 20 more HP!!!! I'll even post a video of it so you can be assured the car has been magically enchanted!!! LOL!

So I guess now you know how I feel about the TBS and MMR... LOL!
I would pay $60 to see you dance around my car!!! But you have to be wearing a yellow tutu, swinging a feather boa, and singing, "I'm Too Sexy For My Shirt..."
Old 1/7/06, 03:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the information, gentlemen, once again, I will have to wait until the performance market shines a light on us...
Old 1/7/06, 11:53 PM
GT Member

over at 3.8Mustang.com they say TB spacers for their models are worthless unless maybe you already have an aftermarket throttle body (one from BBK for example) and a fully ported manifold. But who knows, if anyone gets it and can tell the difference then let us know!
Old 1/7/06, 11:56 PM
GT Member

I will have to wait until the performance market shines a light on us...
hehe I have a comment on this as well...we're pretty lucky so far when it comes to the wide variety of products we have for our cars. My girlfriend has a 2003 3.8 Mustang and the market is limited to a few brands (BBK, MAC, FRPP). I'm pretty thankful that our cars are as customizable as they are. Just look at how many intake kits there are for example Give it a few months and we'll have pretty much every part the GT's have access to.
Old 1/8/06, 12:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Gash05@January 8, 2006, 2:59 AM
hehe I have a comment on this as well...we're pretty lucky so far when it comes to the wide variety of products we have for our cars. My girlfriend has a 2003 3.8 Mustang and the market is limited to a few brands (BBK, MAC, FRPP). I'm pretty thankful that our cars are as customizable as they are. Just look at how many intake kits there are for example Give it a few months and we'll have pretty much every part the GT's have access to.
I know, I am just a big, whiny baby! Burger King has got me wanting it "My Way, Right Away!" Like the X-Charger! Like the LT Headers (which MAC has FINALLY made, although I really wanted JBA ones)! Like a catted Prochamber for LTs! Like a Turbo Charger (not 100% sold on the X-Charger). Like my Exam Grades (darn GMU LAW STILL hasn't posted my grades. But they cashed my check quick, fast, and in a hurry!)!

I am going to look into the TBS, though. I will let you all know if I find anything worthwhile.
Old 1/8/06, 12:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by scrming@January 7, 2006, 6:33 PM
MMR has a GT version and will be releasing a V6 version soon...
http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05Engine2.htm

These guys get MMR stuff FAST! They usually update before even the dealer websites (MAC, for example, and even JBA). They are in and I am going to order them for Poops and Grins! (Gee Willickers, I am now "self-editing.")
Old 1/8/06, 04:44 AM
GT Member

lol they must have heard of complaining huh?
Old 1/8/06, 07:20 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Excepcion13@January 8, 2006, 3:09 AM
I know, I am just a big, whiny baby! Burger King has got me wanting it "My Way, Right Away!" Like the X-Charger! Like the LT Headers (which MAC has FINALLY made, although I really wanted JBA ones)! Like a catted Prochamber for LTs! Like a Turbo Charger (not 100% sold on the X-Charger). Like my Exam Grades (darn GMU LAW STILL hasn't posted my grades. But they cashed my check quick, fast, and in a hurry!)!

I am going to look into the TBS, though. I will let you all know if I find anything worthwhile.
I'm torn between the X-Charger and Mike's turbo also! And they are completely different! What's up with that?
Old 1/8/06, 07:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Jimp@January 8, 2006, 9:23 AM
I'm torn between the X-Charger and Mike's turbo also! And they are completely different! What's up with that?

Join the club!! :bang: I'm just gonna wait and let our brothers be the guinea pigs and then make a choice. LOL.
Old 1/8/06, 02:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@January 8, 2006, 10:25 AM
Join the club!! :bang: I'm just gonna wait and let our brothers be the guinea pigs and then make a choice. LOL.
That's awfully caucasian of you! Lay back and let us blow OUR cars up.... And then own the road, eh?
Old 1/8/06, 05:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Excepcion13@January 8, 2006, 4:14 PM
That's awfully caucasian of you! Lay back and let us blow OUR cars up.... And then own the road, eh?

Don't worry, I will take one for the team soon enough. LOL.
Old 1/9/06, 03:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Excepcion13@January 7, 2006, 11:31 PM
http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05Engine2.htm

These guys get MMR stuff FAST! They usually update before even the dealer websites (MAC, for example, and even JBA). They are in and I am going to order them for Poops and Grins! (Gee Willickers, I am now "self-editing.")
Yeah... amazing that it's not on MMR's site yet. Well, let us know what you think. Says it produces a 6 hp increase.

I've been trying to do a little research... found this blurb from another manufacturer's tb spacer

[The POWERAID TBS concept was developed to enhance mid-range power, torque and fuel efficiency. The unique dyno-proven "Helix Bore" of the POWERAID TBS causes a spinning action of the incoming air-charge as it passes through the throttle body. This extremely beneficial air-charge carries all the way into the combustion chamber, producing a super-atomized mixture, which produces tremendous gains in mid-range power and overall efficiency. This is the key element to the horsepower success behind each POWERAID TBS.]

I just don't see how they do much of anything except extend the intake tube.

Quick Reply: Throttle Body Spacers