V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

T-Lock Question

Search this Thread

Old 10/19/05, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a quick question about the 7.5" T-Lock. Is this a locking differential similar to that of a truck or a limited slip differential? Also, if it is a locking differential, will this hamper performance on a road course? Please forgive the noobie that I am.
I am clearly new to this area since I have been driving trucks for 12 years and this is my first car (basically, long story, will tell in another topic sometime). I would appreciate all the information anyone has to give (I have a lot of classes that bore me and need the extra reading). Thanks folks.
Old 10/19/05, 02:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by bsande1@October 19, 2005, 1:41 PM
Just a quick question about the 7.5" T-Lock. Is this a locking differential similar to that of a truck or a limited slip differential? Also, if it is a locking differential, will this hamper performance on a road course? Please forgive the noobie that I am.
I am clearly new to this area since I have been driving trucks for 12 years and this is my first car (basically, long story, will tell in another topic sometime). I would appreciate all the information anyone has to give (I have a lot of classes that bore me and need the extra reading). Thanks folks.
The T-Lock is a limited slip diff... it should not hamper your performance on a a road course...