V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Someone Hit ME!

Search this Thread

Old 3/3/06, 12:30 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAD NEWS - While driving to work on the Parkway this morning .... Someone decided to stop (COMPLETELY STOP) while driving on the parkway to let someone get on from the entrance ramp. Of course everyone had to stop short, and everyone did - except for the guy behind ME!!! He hit right into my rear and BAMMM Of course it was an SUV that hit me...

My rear bumper is smashed up and now my trunk won't even latch! I'll post pic's later - it just hurts too much to look at them right now. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] Luckily none of the sheet metal got scratched or damaged at all it seems.

I went straight to the body shop that did work on another car I had and are unbelievable at what they do to see .... Looks like I won;t know until Tuesday how much $ they'll give - but should be enough to atleast have them replace my rear and (might as well also front / grill etc...) with a GT takeoff. heck - why not at this point ! It just sucks!!! My car is going to be out for atleast a week and a half to 2! And from there it's going to the shop for the S/C right around that time! So I'll barely get to see my little pony this whole month!

Anyone know what the best place to get GT body takeoff would be ?? Please help .
-
-
-
Old 3/3/06, 12:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

I know how you feel man, I really do. That really sucks, at least you can get the GT bumper out of it. Thats what I did.

Here is where you can get it:

V6Mustangstuff.com
http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05Exterior4.htm

Casco (this is where I got mine)
http://stores.ebay.com/Casco-Tech

Both are reputable, I would go with the one that has the lower shipping cost.
Old 3/3/06, 12:43 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ March 3, 2006, 2:33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

I know how you feel man, I really do. That really sucks, at least you can get the GT bumper out of it. Thats what I did.

Here is where you can get it:

V6Mustangstuff.com
http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05Exterior4.htm

Casco (this is where I got mine)
http://stores.ebay.com/Casco-Tech

Both are reputable, I would go with the one that has the lower shipping cost.
[/b][/quote]

Wow - thanks Rygen - you always on top of things. I'm going to check these out. I'm waiting to see how much they are going to give me at the insurance company (theirs that is !)

Thanks - I thought to myself after he hit me - well atleast i'm getting GT take off now ...
Old 3/3/06, 12:49 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Ouch that bites. Hope you are feeling ok and don't have any whiplash. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]
Glad you can get something cool out of it. Good Luck. I hope it will be good as new in no time.
Old 3/3/06, 01:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to hear that! Good thing it was just plastic.
Old 3/3/06, 01:41 PM
V6 Member

Yeah, just glad your ok. Out of everything bad, you can always find something good. Now you can make your car look how you want it. I say put on the saleen rear end!
Old 3/3/06, 02:04 PM
MSP
Banned

You already know How pissed off I am about this! A Vortech Brother T-Boned! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon24.gif[/img]

This is why I drive for people.. I dont trust people at all.. When I am driving, I pretty much consider myself a babysitter for people around me.. I constantly look around at all the kids driving around me, and expect irratic behavior..

If I see someone speeding up behind me to my left, then I know they want to exit at the next off-ramp which is less than a 1/4mile away.. They dont want to safely change lanes behind me.. They must cut me off to get to the exit.. Which means, they speed up, jump in my lane, jab on their brakes shaving off about 10mph while driving at 65MPH, then they will bolt to my right..

I expect to be a babysitter when I drive.. Like when I am in alot of traffic in my Mustang, and the traffic is thick and its rush hour.. There is a lady talking on a phone driving a Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 5spd.. What does this mean to me? Well, I know the lady ahead of me is in her upper 70's and is real sensitive to brake lights.. This means that she is going to jump on her brakes real hard for no reason, because her reactions are alittle slowed.. Her perception is not what it used to be.. So I must drive for her somewhat, anticipating her every move.. Well with Ms. important busness woman behind me talking to a CEO of a major company, about how she is supposed to bring donuts for the meeting, the lil old lady in front slams on her brakes for no reason like I predicted.. The lady behind me is talking on the phone, and hits her brakes much to late.. I quickley glance to my right to make sure I have an escape route from between these two lovely ladies.. I do, so I gently ditch my car into the other lane, ever so slightly hitting the brakes to give the guy in that lane time to understand my intentions.. Everything turns out great, and my exit is coming up.. Traffic rolls on as I exit on my way to work! Another babysitting session successfully completed, and the Vortech SuperCharged V6 is safely parked in a stall with my name on it at a Chevron Oil reifinery! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/3/06, 02:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry to hear that!

Check link?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Mustan...sspagenameZWDVW
Old 3/3/06, 02:15 PM
GT Member

good luck man, that's a lousy way to start a weekend.
Old 3/3/06, 02:26 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJ06 @ March 3, 2006, 1:18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Sorry to hear that!

Check link?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Mustan...sspagenameZWDVW
[/b][/quote]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-2006-M...sspagenameZWDVW
Old 3/3/06, 08:51 PM
GT Member

I got my GT bumpers from Casco , he is a bit slow on emails but will deliver the goods.
Old 3/4/06, 07:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Puerto Rico 4.6 @ March 3, 2006, 10:54 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I got my GT bumpers from Casco , he is a bit slow on emails but will deliver the goods.
[/b][/quote]

Yea, I remember that too. Don't bother with emailing him, just call till you get him.