V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

So wheres the thunder?

Search this Thread

Old 7/8/06, 08:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So wheres the thunder?

Everyone was highly anticipating the release of the EE xcharger. It seems like interest has completely dropped off the board.

Is it due to pricing, or were there alot of guys who werent really serious about going F.I. and just wanted to jump into the conversation?

For me, pricing was just a bit to high, so Im getting into a 06 GT instead. Im really having a tough time with that move because I really like my V6. My plan 'B" is to buy a 05 base focus for $9000. Theres one on a lot here in town with 10,000 miles on it. A Jackson Racing supercharger with a M45 blower can be had complete for @ $2500. That puts about 150FWHP to the ground. I had a 03 focus that I sold to buy the Stang and I like them, they are great commuter cars. So I may leave the Stang in the garage for nice days and flog a F.I. Focus around town.
Old 7/8/06, 02:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm just waiting for EE to actually start shipping. No loss of excitement here.

I've got way too much time and cash tied up in my 4.0 to consider shifting to a GT (which I would have bought in the first place had that been what I wanted). I also tend to get attached to cars, and don't change them unless I have a serious reason to do so.
Old 7/9/06, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The pricing is a bit steep. I am considering buying the CA spec unit, requesting that it be shipped with the 2.8" pulley, and combining it with the AFE intake that I already have. That should shave about $400 off of the cost. According to the emails that I've seen, that would only leave out the 84mm mass air flow sensor that comes in the 49 state version. I don't really understand the the need for a larger MAF when the throttle body itself is only 65mm. And I haven't seen any mention of the 49 state version requiring 39 or 42 pound injectors.

But then again, this is all just conjecture at this point. As far as I know, nothing is actually available from EE yet. I just sent off an email to Alpine Developments asking if they were really serious when they were asking about how much interest there was in their developing a similar kit.

Rob