V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

SCT help needed.

Search this Thread

Old 11/20/05, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, I just got my SCT X2 from Lidio for my 2006 V6 Auto. The only mods that I've done to my car are: 3.73 gears, ford Trac-loc, K&N Cold air intake and Magnaflow duals. My problem is that my car still have noticeable throtte lag, it seems to shift into 3rd gear quickly and stay there, and I'm not getting the gains that others who have similiar set-ups are getting. My question is for those of you who have custom SCT tunes, did you just load your tune and leave it alone or did you make additional adjustments in the Options menu? Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can give me on how to fix this situation.
Old 11/20/05, 05:11 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Maija@November 20, 2005, 5:10 PM
Hey guys, I just got my SCT X2 from Lidio for my 2006 V6 Auto. The only mods that I've done to my car are: 3.73 gears, ford Trac-loc, K&N Cold air intake and Magnaflow duals. My problem is that my car still have noticeable throtte lag, it seems to shift into 3rd gear quickly and stay there, and I'm not getting the gains that others who have similiar set-ups are getting. My question is for those of you who have custom SCT tunes, did you just load your tune and leave it alone or did you make additional adjustments in the Options menu? Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can give me on how to fix this situation.
Made adjustments for tire size and gear ratio and that's it.. Maybe try flashing the car again? Are you able to spin the tires?
Old 11/20/05, 05:53 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by scrming@November 20, 2005, 4:14 PM
Made adjustments for tire size and gear ratio and that's it.. Maybe try flashing the car again? Are you able to spin the tires?
LOL!! You know he is gonna go test and see if he can spin the tires! LOL!! Your mean Scrming!

Seriously.. Sounds like your early problems, which encompassed the throttle lag syndrome of all automatics..

What was it again which cured this Scrming? I know it was the tune, but there was something else...??
Old 11/20/05, 06:05 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MSP@November 20, 2005, 7:56 PM
LOL!! You know he is gonna go test and see if he can spin the tires! LOL!! Your mean Scrming!

Seriously.. Sounds like your early problems, which encompassed the throttle lag syndrome of all automatics..

What was it again which cured this Scrming? I know it was the tune, but there was something else...??
The throttle lag is i believe mainly caused by the torque management stuff... which also prevents you from spinning the tires...

my early issues were more with the soft shifting... Lidio's tune fixed that... and now Justin tell me he's got it straighened out two...

Maija... you might also want ot call and talk to Lidio... ask to talk to him.... you'll probably have to leave a message but he will call you back...
Old 11/20/05, 06:22 PM

Guys, thanks for the replies. I'm sure that Lidio's tune is good, but for some reason, my car isn't acting like it should. I can spin the tires without a problem, it's just my acceleration and shifts that suck. I've emailed Lidio, so I'll see what he says. One more stupid question, could my overdrive being on, cause the throttle lag?
Old 11/20/05, 06:35 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Maija@November 20, 2005, 5:25 PM
Guys, thanks for the replies. I'm sure that Lidio's tune is good, but for some reason, my car isn't acting like it should. I can spin the tires without a problem, it's just my acceleration and shifts that suck. I've emailed Lidio, so I'll see what he says. One more stupid question, could my overdrive being on, cause the throttle lag?
There are no stupid questions here my man.. The only stupid question is one that is not asked.. Welcome to our family brother.. This is your new home..
Old 11/20/05, 06:35 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Maija@November 20, 2005, 8:25 PM

No the OD doesn't change that...
Old 11/20/05, 07:01 PM

are you using the correct octane of fuel?
Old 11/20/05, 07:05 PM

Originally posted by Kevinicus@November 20, 2005, 10:04 PM
are you using the correct octane of fuel?
Yes, the tune was written for 89 Oct and that's what I've been using. I've contacted Lidio to ask if I can send the tuner back for him to program a tune for a higher octane. Maybe that'll help.
Old 11/20/05, 07:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

You wont have to send the tuner back, he can email you a new one and you upload it yourself ;0)
Old 11/20/05, 07:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm wondering if you loaded the tune correctly. Did you follow all of the directions?
Old 11/20/05, 07:20 PM
Cobra Member

I found this on a different forum and is for the GT... since our car's are fly by wire also I wonder it this would work on our cars...

The procedure:

- Turn your key to the ON position (not just ACC), wait for the various dash warning lights to go out - but do NOT start the car.

- Press your throttle all the way down in one smooth motion - just do it at a normal speed (take about 2-3 seconds to hit bottom).

- Let it up, as soon as you hit the bottom.

- Turn off your ignition and wait 3-4 seconds.

- Start the engine up normally and drive.

May have to repeat 3 times for the Computer Training to complete
this procedure trains the throttle variable switch to the throttle body servo motor.
May need to be redone everytime you flash the PCM.
Old 11/20/05, 07:49 PM
GT Member

Iasked about the 93 tune and they said Lidio does not have one for the v-6 and that i should just add one more degree across the range. Thats what i did, no throtlelag and my 1-2 shift is pretty hard, the 2-3 is way softer, and the car shifts at redline. The lag should have disapeared ..Good Luck
Old 11/20/05, 08:11 PM

Originally posted by Jimp@November 20, 2005, 10:14 PM
I'm wondering if you loaded the tune correctly. Did you follow all of the directions?
I didn't disconnect the fuses before I loaded the tune. I was told that this step wasn't necessary. Could this be the problem?
Old 11/20/05, 08:14 PM

Originally posted by Puerto Rico 4.6@November 20, 2005, 10:52 PM
Iasked about the 93 tune and they said Lidio does not have one for the v-6 and that i should just add one more degree across the range. Thats what i did, no throtlelag and my 1-2 shift is pretty hard, the 2-3 is way softer, and the car shifts at redline. The lag should have disapeared ..Good Luck
This sounds good, but can you please explain exactly what you did when you "added one more degree across the range"? I'm new to using the SCT. Thanks.
Old 11/20/05, 09:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Maija@November 20, 2005, 11:17 PM
This sounds good, but can you please explain exactly what you did when you "added one more degree across the range"? I'm new to using the SCT. Thanks.
When you load the tune, it will ask if you want to add your own parameters. Click yes. Then when it gets to the timing section, add 1 degree.
Old 11/21/05, 07:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Maija@November 20, 2005, 8:14 PM
I didn't disconnect the fuses before I loaded the tune. I was told that this step wasn't necessary. Could this be the problem?
I PM'd Scming about this and he pointed out the fuse disconnecting procedure is for pre-2005 computers.

And now a related question - if I want an updated tune from Lidio in the future, all I need is a generic USB port cable to download it from a PC?

I'm going to try that throttle servo procedure. I still have some lag with the 87 Octane tune.
Old 11/21/05, 04:10 PM
Bullitt Member

From what I've read, the throttle "calibration" routine doesn't work (from a Ford mechanic post somewhere...) on our cars.

Also, Lidio told me that he didn't want to email the tunes---he wanted me to send the unit to him if I wanted his tunes in my Xcal2 (purchased from another vendor). It's a fair policy (but not nearly as handy!)
Old 11/21/05, 05:56 PM

So all of these dyno guys have tunes for the V6 with various configurations. Why can't we just use the xcal2 and write down what all of the "tuned" numbers are and post them in a thread? Could each xcal2 owner then just do a manual tune build using the exact same numbers that somebody has built on a dyno?

Or...are there areas on the custom xcal2 tunes that are sent out from Doug or Lido that the owner does not have access to adjusting?

I do not yet have an xcal2/CAI although I think I will go with Tunable Inductions xcal2 and CAI for 547 delivered.
Old 11/21/05, 06:00 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Torkfastback@November 21, 2005, 7:59 PM
So all of these dyno guys have tunes for the V6 with various configurations. Why can't we just use the xcal2 and write down what all of the "tuned" numbers are and post them in a thread? Could each xcal2 owner then just do a manual tune build using the exact same numbers that somebody has built on a dyno?

Or...are there areas on the custom xcal2 tunes that are sent out from Doug or Lido that the owner does not have access to adjusting?

I do not yet have an xcal2/CAI although I think I will go with Tunable Inductions xcal2 and CAI for 547 delivered.
There is an amazing amount of "stuff" we as end users don't have... I've watched over Lidio's shoulder as he flips through all the screens and tables... simply amazing! I mean the stuff we can change is just the very tip of a very large iceberg...

Quick Reply: SCT help needed.