V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Scrming joins the Vortech V6 ranks with a vengence!!!

Search this Thread

Old 5/27/06, 05:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scrming joins the Vortech V6 ranks with a vengence!!!

Well, Scrming is busy with his new born baby, however, he has been up to his old tricks, doing covert mods and such.

Apparently, he was determined to get a SC'd mustang on the track, so he decided to take matters into his own hands and see what one could do.

The Mistress has been officially outfitted with a Vortech Super Charger putting down 281 RWHP SAE. And that is on a mustang dyno, on a dynojet we are talking more than 300rwhp. Thats all the information I got for now. Details as follows:

Source: http://american-speed.com/collective...read.php?t=622

__________________________________________________ ______________________
We were supposed to go pick up The Mistress today... and my wife goes into labor!!!!

So needless to say, we're heading to the Hospital and NOT MRT!! D'OAH!!!

I will be out of touch for a few days (staying at the hosptial...) but in the mean time... here's a little tidbit!!

Old 5/27/06, 06:18 PM

Check out the cool yellow tint on his head lights. Thats new!
Old 5/27/06, 08:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate both of you...but not really...just tough to keep up. haha
Old 5/27/06, 09:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by scotts05custom
...just tough to keep up. haha
Literally and figuratively
Old 5/28/06, 05:12 AM
MSP
Banned

Well, the World is your Oyster now Scrmings! Let me be the first to welcome you Team Vortech! I know we have had several problems in the past, but now that we are apart of the same team, its time to let by-gone's be by-gones! LOL!!

That V2 sure does take up alot of that engine bay! Look how big it is! Geez! What a monster!

Good Job man! Now I know you trusted in me afterall!
Old 5/28/06, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by MSP
Well, the World is your Oyster now Scrmings! Let me be the first to welcome you Team Vortech! I know we have had several problems in the past, but now that we are apart of the same team, its time to let by-gone's be by-gones! LOL!!

That V2 sure does take up alot of that engine bay! Look how big it is! Geez! What a monster!

Good Job man! Now I know you trusted in me afterall!
I think he is running the AF Wideband gauge as well. This is going to be awesome. Looks like we are running short on Nitrous users in our 4.0 community....

....then again mine is still installed in my car, just need to figure out where to put the nozzle. LOL. I need an insurance policy for you SC'd guys.
Old 5/28/06, 09:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

New nitrous user in 4.0 community here...well not yet, but it's installed!
Old 5/28/06, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by scotts05custom
New nitrous user in 4.0 community here...well not yet, but it's installed!
Cool, keep us posted.
Old 5/28/06, 10:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Nice video Rygen looks good.

Side note here a 373 or 4.10 work very good on a centi S/C maybe even a 436 for the track where a 3.50, 331 work better for a T/C.

4.10 would be a very good choice on a centi S/C.
Old 5/28/06, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by TJ06
Nice video Rygen looks good.

Side note here a 373 or 4.10 work very good on a centi S/C maybe even a 436 for the track where a 3.50, 331 work better for a T/C.
Thanks TJ.

Ok, didn't know that. Is that because a SC builds boost at a higher RPM? So at the track, to get good power off the line, you want that higher gear ratio for SC?
Old 5/28/06, 10:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Great News! (congrats on your new child) It’s great to have you back it’s going to just be plain more fun with you and the Mistress back in action period but next summer is going to be the year for you!

Can we please get some updated pictures?

Let the rivalry begin LOL. I am going to play IMO Vortech vs.Vortech below for fun since it was started in another thread

Advantages I see this year for scrming.

Lidio’s (big adv) knowledge of the VT tunes and esp. Meth injection if you go this route. I have mixed feelings on this one according to my research and a respected guy at Motorsport but still need more research IMO.
Advantage 4.10 gears on S/C will work very well (even a 436?)
Auto vs. a non-power shifter LOL
Ice down aftercooler big advantage for the track.
Track experience
Susp.
I think Scrming will be running 10 psi but not sure I would say this and the above is all dependent on scrming running 10 psi or higher & meth.

Advantages the other guy.

I don’t see any. LOL guys help me out on this one
Ice down aftercooler will cancel out A-A IC and oil cooler, now on the street vs a aftercooler not iced down yes advantage the other guy.

No offense just having some fun time will tell good luck to both of you.

P.S Rygen posted the video comment & gear info in the wrong thread here was suppose to go in your video thread
Old 5/28/06, 10:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by rygenstormlocke
Thanks TJ.

Ok, didn't know that. Is that because a SC builds boost at a higher RPM? So at the track, to get good power off the line, you want that higher gear ratio for SC?
Yes that its Rygen or part of it, off the line but also since the centi makes boost in the the upper RPM range thats where you want to be get to as fast as you can during the whole 1/4 mile run.

Example a guy with a 3.31 or 3.50 vs a 4.10, while the 3.31 going down the track during each shift will have to wait longer to get to the higher RPM boost level while the guy for with 4.10 is already in that boost making already making more HP.

The above is just a quick simple explantion.
Old 5/28/06, 12:00 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by TJ06
Great News! (Also on your new child) It’s great to have you back it’s going to just be plain more fun with you and the Mistress back in action period but next summer is going to be the year for you!

Can we please get some updated pictures?

Let the rivalry begin LOL. I am going to play IMO Vortech vs. Vortech below for fun since it was started in another thread

Advantages I see this year for scrming.

Lidio’s (big adv) knowledge of the VT tunes and esp. Meth injection if you go this route. I have mixed feelings on this one according to my research and a respected guy at Motorsport but still need more research IMO.
Advantage 4.10 gears on S/C will work very well (even a 436?) not like a T/C where 331.350, or 355 work better.
Auto vs. a non-power shifter LOL
Ice down aftercooler big advantage for the track.
Track experience
Susp.
I think Scrming will be running 10 psi but not sure I would say this and the above is all dependent on scrming running 10 psi or higher & meth.

Advantages the other guy.

I don’t see any. LOL guys help me out on this one
Ice down aftercooler will cancel out A-A IC or oil cooler, now on the street vs a aftercooler not iced down yes advantage the other guy.

No offense just having some fun time will tell good luck to both of you.

P.S Rygen posted the video comment & gear info in the wrong thread here was suppose to go in your video thread
LOL!! Hey I'm with you TJ06! I'm rooting for the other guy! Now that Scrming is apart of Team Vortech, the entire philosophy has changed! I dont race against Team members, I race with'em! United we stand, United we fall! LOL!

If Scrming was really out to get me, he would have bought a Procharger, but he didnt.. He caught onto the secrets to the big guns! He watched and carefully studied the boost compressor maps and came to the conclusion that the mighty V2 is where all the power is kept!...

LOL! Nope, I'm down with Scrming all the way, cause I know he's down with me..

On that note, I am currently getting together my attack plan on installing this water/meth kit.. Looks like the nozzle will be placed right in front of the throttle body, maybe about 2 inches.. The kit comes with a check solenoid which closes when the system is off, so no water being sucked into the intake when not under boost..

I am really interested to see how the power will increase with water alone.. It may not be much, but the colder the charge the denser the charge.. The more dense the charge the more power.. Which means, water alone could increase my boost level from 15RWHP per psi of boost to 17 or 20HP.. Just for water alone..

I'll test the effects of pure water first, then add the 50/50 meth mix later.. Man this sure is a nice kit.. The most exciting project I have undertaken thus far, besides the intercooler swap out..

I'm feeling real good today TJ06! Team Vortech just got a new member which I am confident is going to bring home some type of victory somewhere in the US.. LOL!!
Old 5/28/06, 12:12 PM
Cobra Member

Thank you guys for all the well wishes!!!

Our new baby, Miss Bailee Marie, arrived with no problems! (she was a c-section)

Mom and baby are doing great!!! I've quickly thrown some picture together:
http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Bailee/H...ailee_Main.htm

Ok... so just a little more info on The Mistress! LOL!

I have not actually driven her yet... BUT... I did ask Scott what he thought.. He said he was surprised and impressed with it.. that for a centrif. blower there really was no lag... I could tell by the tone of his voice... he had fun driving it! LOL! So the car is in fact all set and ready to go... I just need to figure out how I'm going to get down there and pick it up! LOL! Might not be until next weekend! ARGH!!! LOL!

Oh... and yes it was 281 RWHP on a Mustang Dyno... so on a Dyno jet you're looking at 295RWHP to 300RWHP... a little better than the MM&FF article! LOL! Also.. this is with a very conservative (FAT) tune! I cannot afford to pop another motor... this is the 10PSI HO setup on a STOCK 4.0L! The plan is to build up the "spare" 4.0L with all the goodies and than crank the PSI up on the Vortech!! WOOHOO!!

I will post more info, dyno sheet, pics and vids as soon as possible!!!! Not sure when I'll be able to get to the track with the new baby and all... but I am still going to Norwalk and running there!! LOL!

Thanks again!!!
Old 5/28/06, 12:17 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MSP
LOL!! Hey I'm with you TJ06! I'm rooting for the other guy! Now that Scrming is apart of Team Vortech, the entire philosophy has changed! I dont race against Team members, I race with'em! United we stand, United we fall! LOL!

If Scrming was really out to get me, he would have bought a Procharger, but he didnt.. He caught onto the secrets to the big guns! He watched and carefully studied the boost compressor maps and came to the conclusion that the mighty V2 is where all the power is kept!...

LOL! Nope, I'm down with Scrming all the way, cause I know he's down with me..

On that note, I am currently getting together my attack plan on installing this water/meth kit.. Looks like the nozzle will be placed right in front of the throttle body, maybe about 2 inches.. The kit comes with a check solenoid which closes when the system is off, so no water being sucked into the intake when not under boost..

I am really interested to see how the power will increase with water alone.. It may not be much, but the colder the charge the denser the charge.. The more dense the charge the more power.. Which means, water alone could increase my boost level from 15RWHP per psi of boost to 17 or 20HP.. Just for water alone..

I'll test the effects of pure water first, then add the 50/50 meth mix later.. Man this sure is a nice kit.. The most exciting project I have undertaken thus far, besides the intercooler swap out..

I'm feeling real good today TJ06! Team Vortech just got a new member which I am confident is going to bring home some type of victory somewhere in the US.. LOL!!
The Vortech really fit well into the long term goals... Going with the Vortech let me pull the Zex out of the car and still have fun this summer... and then next spring... when it's time to crank the boost up to 20PSI, the Vortech will be up to the job... LOL! I view the Vortech and a nice building block... LOL!

I mean I really like the X-Charger... but i really don't think it would be right for up long term goal...

So... i'll have fun this summer with my 13 second car... But according to The Plan... next spring we are skipping the 12's and going right to the 11's! LOL!!!
Old 5/30/06, 11:27 AM
V6 Member

scrming...
Congrats on the baby...and the new blower as well. I'm glad we finally got it figured out for you. I have a 7 week old and a 2 year old so I know how the lack of sleep feels!

Good luck!
Old 5/30/06, 11:36 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by forced
scrming...
Congrats on the baby...and the new blower as well. I'm glad we finally got it figured out for you. I have a 7 week old and a 2 year old so I know how the lack of sleep feels!

Good luck!
Thanks!!!! Yep, Mom and new baby are sleeping right now... I just put the 2 year old down for her nap... I should be napping... but instead I'm here! LOL!
Old 5/30/06, 11:45 AM
GT Member

Hey John - congrats on both new members to your family. Really, best wishes for you, your wife and you new little girl. Daughters are the best - I know I have three of them

Can't wait to see your impression of your stang when you get her back...
Old 5/30/06, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by scrming
Thanks!!!! Yep, Mom and new baby are sleeping right now... I just put the 2 year old down for her nap... I should be napping... but instead I'm here! LOL!
Right on, the passion for the stang shines through!!!!

@Forced,

How are those terrible twos doing for ya? I have a 11yr old and 2yr old, and for the most part its good. But some days, the whining!!!! LOL. And its not the desired whine of a blower. LOL.
Old 5/30/06, 12:16 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by rygenstormlocke
@Forced,
How are those terrible twos doing for ya? I have a 11yr old and 2yr old, and for the most part its good. But some days, the whining!!!! LOL. And its not the desired whine of a blower. LOL.
They are definitely terrible at times! But other times, he's the man!

Quick Reply: Scrming joins the Vortech V6 ranks with a vengence!!!