V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Report from FFW

Search this Thread

Old 3/4/06, 06:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Well I went to FFW today in Orlando. I decided not to run my car this weekend, I have a few things to iron out first. I got to meet scrming/John. Pretty cool guy, we talked for a long time. He looks like an ex-NFL player, lol. He was parked over right next to Lidio and Powerhouse. I got to see the PH turbos first hand, they look great. I didn't bring my digital camera [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] so you'll just have to take my word for it now. I'm going again tomorrow with the wife so I'll try to get some pics for you guys. scrming did tell me that he ran a best of 13.4, with him driving. Powerhouse loaned him a set of drag radials. He ran a 13.55 while I was there, I got to see him run. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Lidio ran 12s I believe, the PH turbo GT ran a 10.68(I think, maybe Lidio ran 10s, I forget). BamaChips was there too, seems like he ran in the 13s. All in all, a pretty good day. Tons of nice cars, tons of nice girls [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] .
Old 3/4/06, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pictures...We want pictures! No! Wait! Videos....We want videos!
Old 3/4/06, 07:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BeachPony @ March 4, 2006, 9:06 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Pictures...We want pictures! No! Wait! Videos....We want videos!
[/b][/quote]

Hopefully tomorrow!
Old 3/4/06, 07:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool man, thanks for the update. Yea!!!!! John left out the details on the girls. LOL. Get some pics for us tomorrow man. Thanks for the update.
Old 3/4/06, 07:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ March 4, 2006, 9:11 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Cool man, thanks for the update. Yea!!!!! John left out the details on the girls. LOL. Get some pics for us tomorrow man. Thanks for the update.
[/b][/quote]

I will! I'll have to get pics of the girls on the sly with the wife around. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 3/4/06, 07:10 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ March 4, 2006, 9:12 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I will! I'll have to get pics of the girls on the sly with the wife around. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

LOL. Right on man. Thank you for that, thats one of the best parts.
Old 3/4/06, 09:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sounds like a blast! It's really nifty to hear of forum members actually meeting in person!

No digital camera? bummer.... sketches, we need sketches! or, at the very least... water-color abstracts. LOL!
Old 3/5/06, 06:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well I went again today. Got there just in time to see John make his last run, a 13.55. I also got to see the PH V6 turbo run again, it ran an 11.89. So that answered one of my questions, he's running consistantly at 12PSI. It wasn't just a one shot deal. The V6 turbo was not only the fastest S197 I saw today, it was one of the fastest streetable Mustangs I saw at the event and probably the fastest with a full exhaust! The includes all of the Terminator Cobras running around and there were plenty! I was very impressed with the PH turbo. I talked to the Powerhouse guys for a bit today, they were all pretty cool and answered a bunch of my questions. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get one. I didn't bring my camera in today, I really didn't feel like lugging it around all day. It's a shame too because i missed a really good photo op with three very hot blonds leaning over the fence. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] I saw one of the professionals there taking pics of them so I'm sure they will be in an upcoming issue of MM&FF. BTW, PH is taking the V6 to Bradinton this Thursday for a race and they told me they would get some times in at 9PSI. I'm looking forward to the results of that.
Old 3/5/06, 09:20 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ March 4, 2006, 8:55 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well I went to FFW today in Orlando. I decided not to run my car this weekend, I have a few things to iron out first. I got to meet scrming/John. Pretty cool guy, we talked for a long time. He looks like an ex-NFL player, lol. He was parked over right next to Lidio and Powerhouse. I got to see the PH turbos first hand, they look great. I didn't bring my digital camera [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] so you'll just have to take my word for it now. I'm going again tomorrow with the wife so I'll try to get some pics for you guys. scrming did tell me that he ran a best of 13.4, with him driving. Powerhouse loaned him a set of drag radials. He ran a 13.55 while I was there, I got to see him run. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Lidio ran 12s I believe, the PH turbo GT ran a 10.68(I think, maybe Lidio ran 10s, I forget). BamaChips was there too, seems like he ran in the 13s. All in all, a pretty good day. Tons of nice cars, tons of nice girls [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] .
[/b][/quote] I went to ffw sat & sun, i have a gt but seen a lot of v6ss there so went to the v6 performance on the source and happy i did. I got to meet BIG/JOHN today,and yes he has to be an ex/nfl but very nice. I just got to say hi and he said he was still running the 100 shot, i said i seen about his stang on the source and he just smiled. Did not get much time to talk as he got a call to move up to race but nice to meet a stanger off the TMS.
Old 3/6/06, 06:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Man, I guess you guys just passed me up, I was right up the way from Screaming beside the blue Ranger.....I see how it is, I get no love from the V6 guys.....hahahhaaa...
Old 3/6/06, 06:43 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doug904 @ March 6, 2006, 8:42 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Man, I guess you guys just passed me up, I was right up the way from Screaming beside the blue Ranger.....I see how it is, I get no love from the V6 guys.....hahahhaaa...
[/b][/quote]

Are you going to the event in Ohio in July?
Old 3/7/06, 08:44 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doug904 @ March 6, 2006, 8:42 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

I saw your car there man, didn't know what you looked like so I didn't say anything. I guess next time i need to be more bold. I don't like to bother the "big guys", I figured you probably got a hundred fans a day bugging you.
Old 3/8/06, 06:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ March 7, 2006, 9:47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I saw your car there man, didn't know what you looked like so I didn't say anything. I guess next time i need to be more bold. I don't like to bother the "big guys", I figured you probably got a hundred fans a day bugging you.
[/b][/quote]

Naa, I never forget where I come from, my V6 guys are who started my business and in a few days I hope to have an annoucement that will show this in more detail.....

I may be coming to Norwalk, if not with a car atleast to show up.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 3/8/06, 08:37 AM
GT Member

Rygen i should be at the Ohio show. Anyone else here going? If so we can try to meet up over the weekend.
Old 3/8/06, 08:49 AM
Cobra R Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doug904 @ March 8, 2006, 7:08 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Naa, I never forget where I come from, my V6 guys are who started my business and in a few days I hope to have an annoucement that will show this in more detail.....

Thanks, Doug.
[/b][/quote]

wait wait wait.... announcement? lol
Old 3/8/06, 10:15 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doug904 @ March 8, 2006, 8:08 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Thanks, Doug.
[/b][/quote]

Well if you do come to Norwalk with a car, please remember I DO NOT STREET RACE... If you want to run against my car then lets line up in the staging lanes during T-n-T... I did not appreciate your attempt to goad me into racing you on the street... especially when you cut in front of me and then stood on the brakes... if you want to race then we'll do it on the track... I found your antics Saturday night on the street to be very unprofessional...
Old 3/8/06, 10:21 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doug904 @ March 8, 2006, 8:08 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Thanks, Doug.
[/b][/quote]

Good to know!!! Hey, did you get a chance to run your Roush at FFW?????? I bet you tore up the track in that beast. EDIT: See my next post, what is the story here?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ March 8, 2006, 12:18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well if you do come to Norwalk with a car, please remember I DO NOT STREET RACE... If you want to run against my car then lets line up in the staging lanes during T-n-T... I did not appreciate your attempt to goad me into racing you on the street... especially when you cut in front of me and then stood on the brakes... if you want to race then we'll do it on the track... I found your antics Saturday night on the street to be very unprofessional...
[/b][/quote]

Street race????? What????? Details Please!!!!

I would imagine this happened close to the track, with the conveinance of a track close by why even try anything on the street when you can go to the track. Plus, considering all the hopped up cars for the event, the cops would have been everywhere.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img]
Old 3/8/06, 12:12 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ March 8, 2006, 11:24 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Street race????? What????? Details Please!!!!

[/b][/quote]

Blast it, I read that story somewhere and now I can't find it. There are too many Ford forums [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img] Basically John said he was running better times than a Roush that was there although I don't think they ever went head-to-head. He said afterwards he was driving on the street and said Roush pulled up next to him and tried to goad him into a race. John basically ignored the Roush, the Roush then pulled in front of him and slammed on his brakes.
Old 3/8/06, 12:15 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tres Wright @ March 8, 2006, 2:15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Blast it, I read that story somewhere and now I can't find it. There are too many Ford forums [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img] Basically John said he was running better times than a Roush that was there although I don't think they ever went head-to-head. He said afterwards he was driving on the street and said Roush pulled up next to him and tried to goad him into a race. John basically ignored the Roush, the Roush then pulled in front of him and slammed on his brakes.
[/b][/quote]

Oh, you're right Tres!!!! That was over on mustangforums, but I never thought it would be a forum vendor that did that. I just thought it was some torked off stang owner. Now it all comes togather.

Hmmmmmm......

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 06:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey John and others,

That wasn't a invite to street race, I was just revving up my engine playing around. The reason I went in front of him like that was there was a cop behind us all that had just turned on his lights and was coming our way. Then once I did get in front of John the car in front of me slammed on their brakes.

I dont street race and my 3 year old son and wife was in the car as well, I would never do anything like that. I'm sorry if I offened you in anyway as I didn't mean it like that. Also, like I said the car in front of me was stopping short, I admit that it was wrong the way I cut in front of him and had to nearly stop.

As I'm sure John or anyone that was down there can atest the traffic down there was horrible and nearly bumper to bumper everywhere you went. I simply got spooked when I seen the red and blue's behind me and wanted to get out of that lane.

My sincerest apoligys for this as I wasn't in anyway trying to **** you off or make you have an accident.

Thanks, Doug.

Quick Reply: Report from FFW