V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Predator and Xcal2 question

Search this Thread

Old 10/29/05, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have read all of the threads. I have talked with all of the companies. What I need is a basic, clear text explanation from the end user that can tell me the differance between the two. When you buy the xcal2, say from Lidio, does his tune make all the changes with one download (a/f, timing, shift points for auto, limiter erase, etc.) or must the user make some of the changes? It seems that the Predator tunes make CAI adjusments, but the "package" tune does not automatically adjust all the other parameters like the engine lag at takeoff, or the shift point. For those that have each programmer, please share with me exactly what you did with the devise to give you that "night and day" differance in performance. Was it as simple as just loading in the tune that comes with it or does it require more individual inputs?

Basically, what is the hands on, functional differance between the two programmers.

Thanks. :scratch:
Old 10/29/05, 10:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a SCT-2 from Lidio and his tunes came loaded with all the changes. All I had to do was flash it... plug and play You can however go back and make your own adjustments anytime.