V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

No F.I. for me!

Search this Thread

Old 7/6/06, 07:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No F.I. for me!

Well Ive been saving my $ for the past 6 months waiting for the various 4.0 F.I. systems to hit the street. I was very interested in the Explorer Express system, and that was the one I was holding out for.

I had a number in my head that I was willing to spend on a blower for my 05. Unfortantly, none of the manufacters were able to keep thier prices low enough to intice me to part with my cash.

I have a buyer for my 05, so Im going to sell her for what I owe. My wife is able to use x-plan through her work, so Im going to buy a 06GT.

Ive been shopping a couple dealers that have the GT I want, and they are willing to sell for the x-plan price.

I really like my V6, but the GT will only increase my payment $50 a month, over a 5 year loan thats an extra $3000. I will still have the money Ive been saving for the blower to mod the GT.

In the end I will get as much or more enjoyment out of the GT, and it will have a heck of a lot more resale value when the time comes.

I know these guys are running a business and need to make a profit, but easing the prices seems like it would result in alot more sales.

Anyway, I should be driving my GT by the end of the month.
Old 7/6/06, 07:19 PM
GT Member

Sounds like a good deal. Especially if your not too deep (modded) in your V6 to let it go. At this point, I'm so financially, emotionally, and stubbornly involved with my 4.0 that I'm riding this horse to the end. It'll be an X-Charger for me, but don't tell EE until the price softens a little. Good Luck with your V8! Drop in here for an update every now and then to see how we're doing.
Old 7/6/06, 07:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, I dont see prices getting any softer. I got an email from EE with thier current pricing. Its a great looking system, it makes alot of power, but its just more than I want to spend on that mod. I found a 06 GT premium with a 5 speed, IUP, and fanblades for $26500 on x-plan. Those are the only options I want, so thats the one Im going after.
Old 7/7/06, 03:34 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by BurntPony
Well, I dont see prices getting any softer. I got an email from EE with thier current pricing. Its a great looking system, it makes alot of power, but its just more than I want to spend on that mod. I found a 06 GT premium with a 5 speed, IUP, and fanblades for $26500 on x-plan. Those are the only options I want, so thats the one Im going after.
I have been trying to get the priced dropped on the Xcharger from day 1.. I completely understand what your saying.. I will admit, I have almost traded my Blown V6 in for a 2003 or 4 Cobra once or twice.. LOL!!

I hate 2003 and 4 Cobra's.. They are a weak spot for me personally.. It does not get much better than that in my opinion..

The 2006 GT will be a darn good buy though.. I think your right in regards to the Xcharger... The power is awsome, but I still think it should go for about $500 bucks less.. Ok, $1000 bucks less.. I think a price of $2799 + tax and license will sell a ton of them..

It is a very good comparison to compare a non-aftercooled Vortech kit for $2799 to an Xcharger for $2799... The Vortech @ 8psi and the Xcharger at 9psi.. Thats a good comparison..

Your mind gets twisted somewhat though when you see a non aftercooled Vortech kit for $2799 and an Xcharger for $3500.. You think your in the Twilight Zone I know..

But business is business and Explorer Express has got to recoup some of their time and effort for atleast the first year of production.. I am willing to bet that after they sell a few hundred units, and EE can see some daylight in terms of profit, he would be more than willing to drop the price..

But he is running a business, and somebody has got to get paid for making a system that can get a dig on @ 2000RPM from a dead stop and make more RWHP and TQ by 2500RPM than a 2006 GT @ 6400RPM.. LOL!! Somebody is going to get paid for that for sure!!

But your V6 brothers support your decision and look forward to your future contributions to the Mustang community!!

Maybe not HP, but TQ.. 285RWTQ by 2500RPM..

That will atleast get you to the 1/8th first for darn sure, and stretches out the lead to insure the 06GT cant run you down if he is stock.. A few bolt on's though and its all over but the shoutin..