V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

NEW GUY! first post

Search this Thread

Old 7/20/05, 12:00 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everybody! I'm David and I'm a mustangaholik! (everyone says HI DAVE) I'm new to this place,well not really. I've lurked around for a few months now and learned alot from you guys. When i went into the dealership I actually knew more than the dealer did about the car so I felt like the man. I don't know much about cars because I am 21 and have driven a 1991 toyota tercel for 5 years. :notnice: But now I've saved up and with some help from my dad, actually ALOT, I can finally get a real car. I ordered the 06 black V6 with no hesitation in the slightest. It was funny, actually kinda dumb on my part, but I didn't even go sit in one of the mustangs or test drive it. I knew thats what I definately wanted because I've been doing homework on this car for so long. Nothing was going to change my mind or stop me from ordering that car. Anyways the new stang is one sweet car and I can't wait to sit in my own new stang for the first time. The countdown begins! see ya
Old 7/20/05, 12:05 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Congrats on the order, and welcome to this site.
Nice choice on black, and this car doesn't even need to be tested, it's that good. It definately won't dissapoint, especially for us who have upgraded from our previous rides.

I'm rootin for ya to get your's in quick and trouble free.
Old 7/20/05, 06:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Gratz on your order, welcome to the site, and Good luck on a timely receipt! I've always been a toyota fan since my family has ALWAYS driven Toyotas (dependibilty was key). I stuck my neck out there in buying a Ford, but I loved the car too much to accept anything less. My wife and I have been enjoying it since December of last year, and I must say it was the best decision I've ever made.

Enjoy it when it comes, and welcome!
Old 7/20/05, 07:46 AM
Cobra Member

awesome! i love my V-6s, welcome in!
Old 7/20/05, 07:48 AM
Cobra Member

<Crowd yells "HI DAVE">

Welcome aboard! Thank goodness you're not wasting ALL of your youth on the Tercel, it's not too late You're going to love the way the Mustang drives, it's a lot sportier than what you're used to. It's got all the look and feel of the old muscle cars without the lousy suspension and brakes. So what color interior did you go with? Did you order up any options? Pony Package maybe?
Old 7/20/05, 10:16 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Welcome. You will not be sorry you did not test drive. I ordered back in June of last year way before the pricing was even released!! Good Luck with the wait...thats the hardest part.
Old 7/20/05, 11:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

welcome!! I ordered mien without a test drive as well. No regrets. I was able to sit in one though, but still, the car is awsome.
Old 7/20/05, 11:35 AM
V6 Member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Im sure this car will feel like a rocket ship compared to my 100hp tercel! And Tres I ordered it with no options at all. It's as base as you can get the car. The interior is light graphite. The dealer tried to sell me the pony package but I don't have that much money since most of it is going to the car and insurance. In the future I might upgrade to cobra rims or somethin of the sort.

Did you know they have a new model for the 06s? They are offering a standard model and the only difference to the 05 deluxe is that for $90 cheaper they are offering steel rims. I didn't know that going in there and I surely didn't take the bait.

p.s. I already lost about 4 hours of sleep on my first night! MAN I'm in for a long one! haha
Old 7/20/05, 11:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome welcome welcome.. Ill be the boards cynical donkey doughnut, so if you ever need me just let me know
Old 7/20/05, 01:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi David,
Did you say you drove a Toyota Tercel or a Toyota Turtel?
Brian.
Old 7/20/05, 03:04 PM
V6 Member

LOL, yea it was a toyota Turtel with a tinted shell so nobody could see that the speedometer only reads 70mph
Old 7/20/05, 04:03 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Hey, nothing wrong with that Toyota. They get great gas mileage.

One great thing about ordering your car with no options is that you get to personalize it how you want it!!
Old 7/20/05, 10:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by davebizzle@July 20, 2005, 2:07 PM
LOL, yea it was a toyota Turtel with a tinted shell so nobody could see that the speedometer only reads 70mph
I believe that Toyota stole the tinted shell idea from the Ford Tortoise.
Brian.
Old 7/21/05, 01:10 AM

Wow...you are very fortunate to have a really cool dad to help you out.

Congrats on your order...black is really cool.
Old 7/24/05, 03:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Now you know the true power of the dark side :jedi:

Well somebody had to throw in the cheesey star wars reference...
Old 7/24/05, 09:15 PM
GT Member

Welcome Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll be completly satisfied with your new car. Even with the little things that will need looked at early on, check the TSB's, overall the feeling you get when you get inside the car and people give you the thumbs up is well worth any wait or problem! And with the mustang, even the V6's get the same respect the GT's get. Everyone here is great, and we all come togehter to answer any questions you have.

Black is a good chioce, it was my second chioce. Saw a black one yesterday driving up around Cleveland and it looked sharp with the white stripe at the bottom. Some black bullitt's and raised white tires and a white racing stripe on top and it'll be one ride that will get even Pee Wee Herman laid!

Old 7/24/05, 10:08 PM
V6 Member

Hey Robb thanks. I can't wait to get this car I've been thinking about it non stop. You know how they say guys think about sex every 3 seconds or so... well thats pretty much the same way i am with this mustang. Can't get it out of my mind. Only 2 more days until it's been a week since I ordered it Man I hate waiting! only 7-11 more weeks!
Old 7/25/05, 06:32 AM
Cobra R Member

davebizzle

....and it has been 18 hours since I drove a Mustang....

Why not buy an 05 in a month? And save some money?
Old 7/25/05, 09:22 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to 2005/06 V6 Mustangers where we are the best
Old 7/25/05, 10:18 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by 38special@July 25, 2005, 4:35 AM
davebizzle

....and it has been 18 hours since I drove a Mustang....

Why not buy an 05 in a month? And save some money?
Well what's already done is done, I already ordered the car. You think I woulda been able to get an 05 for much cheaper? I wouldn't really know. I got the 06 on the x-plan for 18,700. After taxes and everything it will be around 20,500. I haven't seen any V6's in my area that are black and manual, no spoiler or stripe. I've looked on the internet (ebay, and the ford search for dealers near my zip code) and there was nothing. I didn't want to settle for a color or options I don't want or can't afford. But either way I've wanted the mustang for 4-6 months now, so I guess another 2 months wait won't kill me. Im just anxious as beeep now that its ordered.

What did all you guys do while you waited for your mustangs?

Quick Reply: NEW GUY! first post