V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

New Dyno numbers with the C&L and BamaChips X-2...

Search this Thread

Old 11/19/05, 07:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

Short of a few minor draw backs we were able to get the C&L intake installed and tuned in today in short order. First off I must say that this car in stock trim makes EXCELLENT power. I thought I had the dyno runs on a CD-rom when I left but unfortunatly dont, I'm sure Zodiac will post a picture of the print outs he has but I'm going back over there on Monday to tune the Source Horse and I'll get a copy of the graphs then.

First off the stock power 198 rwhp and 223 rwtq. I think the high end number was a cause of a small spike at the end of the run when we were approaching the speed limiter, the powerband was more so around the 195 mark.

Next, the BamaChips 93 Performance program 201 rwhp and 234 rwtq with a nice gain above the stock run all the way across the entire RPM range. There were places that the tune made more then 10rwhp almost all the way across the board. Like I said this isn't a real good comparision post without the dyno sheets.

Finally the C&L air intake and 93 BamaChips tune 208 rwhp and 241 rwtq and there were gains of more then 18rwhp and 17 rwtq at certain spots in RPM range, mainly from 4000-5000rpms and more then 5rwhp and 7rwtq over my base 93 programming.

All in all it was a good day, word of advice, if you get a wrench light then check the MAF connector and ensure it is plugged in or you'll be doing alot of :scratch: We all make mistakes??

I can't wait for Zodiac to post the sheets, the gains across the board for both the Performance tune and the C&L are great.

THanks, Doug.
Old 11/19/05, 07:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

woah... I am super-pscyhed to get my order!

Doug... thanks for all of your hard work!
Old 11/19/05, 07:49 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Awesome gains.
He has duals though doesn't he, maybe that's the reason for the high baseline.

Would the fact that the tune was made on a car with duals have any affect if the file is used on a car with no exhaust modifications?

Can't wait for those sheets btw
Old 11/19/05, 08:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by ManEHawke@November 19, 2005, 8:52 PM
Awesome gains.
He has duals though doesn't he, maybe that's the reason for the high baseline.

Would the fact that the tune was made on a car with duals have any affect if the file is used on a car with no exhaust modifications?

Can't wait for those sheets btw
Yes, he has an H-pipe and flowmaster Mufflers but that won't make any difference with the a/f rating for the tune. Actually I would almost think that the gains in both Hp and Tq maybe more with a car with less power as there is a limit to how much power you can make n/a and he's got to be close. He's already near the factory rating at the flywheel at the rear wheel and that's got to be nice.

I still have the kit though and I'll be offering to either tune a automatic car for someone close by or renting one to do some tuning on so stay tuned....I know it's a bad pun

Thanks, Doug.
Old 11/19/05, 08:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Awesome.
I can't wait to feel that tune with the CAI myself.

Do you know if there is a noticable difference if 91 was used rather than 93.
You know with CA and all these regulations
Old 11/19/05, 11:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

OK I just got home from that long drive and WOW this car feels like an entirely new beast. First off let me say Doug is one heck of a guy to work with. This was my first time around a tuner or around a dyno for that matter. He walked me through every little step, showing me everything he was doing and explaining to me how and what it did. I cant imagine anyone better to work with. Its just NOT possible. Common, how many mechanics do you know that you can say you met for the first time, spent all day talking about cars and working on one, then you go have a meal at waffle house with? Thats just cool. He's not just professional, and believe me he knows his stuff, but he also brings with him much more. Hes a real down to earth guy who clearly loves his work. Its not just the feeling of professional curtesy. Its more like the guy you meet at the track and have drinks with afterwards. Very cool

When we first got the car up on the dyno we ran it using the stock tune. Neither of us could believe it putting down 198. We both thought something had to be wrong. But no. We made a few more pulls to verify it, and it was constant. I was thrilled to say the least.

Next Doug loaded up his 93 Performance tune. As I said before Ive never been around an actual dyno, only know what little I do from reading graphs over the net. But even an idiot knows how to read a graph. When the little line goes up and the numbers get bigger, thats good. And go up they did. Im going to upload the graphs here in a minute when I have a good picture of them. Its clearly obvious the difference between the stock tune and Dougs. It pulls harder throughout the entire range and made alot better power. Bah, Ill let you read the graph.

Let me say with this tune, the car doesnt just get up and go. It jumps up and RUNS. There is absolutely NO hesitation. NONE. I stomp the gas and this car responds instantly. I have two 12" subs in the car along with the amp thats pushing them. I had my dirty clothes and alot of clean clothes in the trunk as well, with some school books etc. With his tune in the car, as well as both me and Doug the car still barked second gear when we took it out for a run later. When I went to the track last week it would only chirp second alittle with all the subs/amp out. Now its barking them with them in there... I cant wait to get to the track again. God I love this tune.

Now what you're all waiting for... the C&L. Let me say this unit is nice. It looks awesome and this was just the preproduction kit. We had the kit assembled and installed in about 7 minutes. It took me longer to smoke a ciggarette than it did to hook the kit up. We actually changed it out while sitting on the dyno it took so little time. We made a few pulls as Doug adjusted out the A/F raitio and my smile just gets bigger and bigger each time. Im very happy with the results it put out... and there's no room for question here. This kit makes real power.

We took the car out for a run after we got it off the dyno before I switched it back to stock. WOW. The exhaust is so much deeper with it, so much smooter sounding. The note is superb. God I wish I had audio recording. We ran it down the road and I got to play around with it a little. The first launch I did I burned straight through first and part of the way into second. The car pulled beautifully straight up to redline. I had to stop myself when I got it up to 100 -didnt want to go too fast in that 45.. haha.

I can say this kit will be worth every penny. This was the same kit C&L used on their test. Exact same one. Not one like it. Same one. You can see for yourself what Dougs tuning did for it. You can see the amount of power he made. Its awesome. The kit looks superb. There are obviously going to be futher changes in the mass production model and I can only imagine how its going to look. Its the same top quality that comes with the GT kit.

I can say now I stand behind the assment I first made about the C&L kit. I firmly believe that based on the numbers and information I was given I made the correct assessment. Having seen and tested it, however, I can say I want it. Bad. REAL bad. Like I said before, this kit makes power. I cant dispute that in the least. It definitely gets my reccomendation. A+ in looks and performance.

I got pulled over for doing 84 in a 55 on the way home. First speeding ticket in the Mustang. Personally, I blame Doug.
Old 11/20/05, 12:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Zodiac... awesome! That's all I gotta say...

oh.. and, bummer about the ticket!
Old 11/20/05, 01:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey guy,

Man, I'm sorry about the ticket, come to think of it I don't have that disclaimer on my site,ahhaah.

It was great to meet you too and I just about started smoking myself there for a bit after we put the kit on but all in all I'm glad we got it all straight and made some great numbers.

It was funny though, I've tuned many Ranger/Explorer 4.0's and gettting even close to 200 with a tune is quite an ordeal and when this one put nearly 200 out with the stock tune I just didn't beleive it so we made like 3 pulls back to back and sure enough it was.

thanks, Doug
Old 11/20/05, 06:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Doug and Zodiac,

Thanks for putting this up. I havent done a professional dyno and tune yet and this really gets me pumped up to do it. I don't know if I can resist not doing this before the holidays....doh!!!!

Zodiac, you trying to get back at me for the gears and tloc thread????

Thank you both, I definitely have to get this done.
Old 11/20/05, 08:00 AM
MSP
Banned

This is some really good stuff Zodiac.. To almost make it back to the crank rated HP is sweet... You and Doug have done a good job!

Sorry to hear about the ticket.. But the ticket does speak to a certain aspect of the cars pulling power..

You can accelerate from 55 to 84 in just a short matter of time.. But If I am a cop, I am looking to see how you look visually doing it.. Did he overtake 1 or 2 cars rather rapidly that were 40 to 50 ft away in his effort to attain 84mph, or did he catch up to a car which was past the bridge already which was 600ft to 1200ft away rather rapidly... My guess is, you bolted between two points fast enough to gain the attention of the officer.. He had no choice but to respond.. It was to obvious.. This Mustang must be stopped, he is a threat to society! He is a menace to society..

So the fact that you were able to make an impression on the officer in a matter of seconds, goes completely to the quality of the tune.... Nice Job Doug! Basically, Dougs tunes are so good, you are promised a ticket as soon as you leave his shop! Now thats what I call a tune!
Old 11/20/05, 08:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by MSP@November 20, 2005, 9:03 AM
So the fact that you were able to make an impression on the officer in a matter of seconds, goes completely to the quality of the tune.... Nice Job Doug! Basically, Dougs tunes are so good, you are promised a ticket as soon as you leave his shop! Now thats what I call a tune!

Hhhaaaa, now that's what I call signature material
Old 11/20/05, 09:06 AM
MSP
Banned

LOL!! Thanks man!!

Yeah looking at the numbers, that is the best so far I believe.. Getting guys back to just about Flywheel HP is something to be proud of..

If we take a guy like Scrming who is running a 100SHOT of Nitrous, and is @ 253 RWHP, this tune would essentially put him at 283RWHP..

I would suggest to Scrming to try an acquire this tune from you ASAP... I understand this might put him at odds with Lidio from Alternative Auto, however, a tune is a tune..

Well, maybe I shouldnt be discussing this, I dont want to upset anyone..

:scratch:

But on it face value, this tune gets Scrming deep into the 12's, down from a very good 13.4 ET..
Old 11/20/05, 09:11 AM

Seeing numbers like this, I may just have to put my Diablo on ebay and purchase a SCT2/tune from you.

Hmmmm.....
Old 11/20/05, 09:20 AM
MSP
Banned

Maybe the correct question for Doug904, would be is this tune one that can directly be applied to a Nitrous application? Or is this tune strictly regulated only towards a N/A situation? Understanding the difference between the 2 different tunes, the crucial question becomes, is everything in the tune safe enough to allow a dose of nitrous to still be applied to the motor? :scratch:
Old 11/20/05, 09:23 AM

Originally posted by MSP@November 20, 2005, 11:23 AM
Maybe the correct question for Doug904, would be is this tune one that can directly be applied to a Nitrous application? Or is this tune strictly regulated only towards a N/A situation? Understanding the difference between the 2 different tunes, the crucial question becomes, is everything in the tune safe enough to allow a dose of nitrous to still be applied to the motor? :scratch:

Thats a very good question. Does Scrming run his nitrous when using Lideo's tune? I think when he first got it he took it off but what about now???
Old 11/20/05, 09:32 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@November 20, 2005, 8:26 AM
Thats a very good question. Does Scrming run his nitrous when using Lideo's tune? I think when he first got it he took it off but what about now???

I was under the impression that Scrming's tune from Lidio was created around his Nitrous application..

However, for me to understand Doug's tune alittle more indepth, I would be interested to know whether he would stand behind a 100Shot of Nitrous applied to the same tune.. If he can, then the number based on Scrming's setup would be 283RWHP, up from 253RWHP.. In terms of Torque, this tune places Scrming @ 421Ft. Lb. RWTQ with a 100SHOT..

So in total, this particular tune places Scrming @ 283RWHP and 421RWTQ with a 100SHOT. up from 253RWHP, and 384RWTQ.

Can you all see how great this tune is? If Doug904 can ok this tune for a 100Shot of Nitrous, consider him a GOD among men.. Simple as that.

So now we wait for Doug904's response..
Old 11/20/05, 10:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Any car running nos should be specially tuned for it. I know you COULD run it on this tune, but its just a high performance 93 octane tune. I get the feeling tuning for nos involves several more factors. I know Doug could do it, but I dont think he'd agree you'd get the best/safest results depending on this tune. But by no means do I want to speak for Doug.
Old 11/20/05, 10:28 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Zodiac@November 20, 2005, 1:27 PM
Any car running nos should be specially tuned for it. I know you COULD run it on this tune, but its just a high performance 93 octane tune. I get the feeling tuning for nos involves several more factors. I know Doug could do it, but I dont think he'd agree you'd get the best/safest results depending on this tune. But by no means do I want to speak for Doug.
You'd need stock timing for a 75 shot, -2 degrees for a 100 shot. So you could just load the 93 octane tune and chage the timing when you do, the SCT-2 allows you to do this.
Old 11/20/05, 10:30 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Zodiac@November 20, 2005, 9:27 AM
Yes, this is the most Profound set of circumstances to ever grace the Halls of the 05V6 debate... For Doug904 to examine his tune for you more in-depth, and conclude that it is indeed Nitrous safe, this chnages everything.. 283RWHP with 421FT lbs. RWTQ are not typically V6 numbers.. These are V8 numbers.. This is 150% safe for the SOHC 4.0.. If Doug904 can give his blessing to this tune for a 100SHOT application, which dictates stock spark plugs can be used, this is a tremendous discovery...

You must be ready to prove this Zodiac, on a track.. You need to prepare yourself to place yourself in a position to be #1.. This confirmation would make you definately the man to beat.. Are you ready?

Also, Jimp has also hit it on the head, the numbers I present to you are with -2 degrees of timing already.. You cant run from this Zodiac.. You cant hide... You are the man to beat, if Doug904 gives his blessing.. Unless you can run faster than a 12.xx ET Mustang, there is no way you can escape this.. Dont be ascared!
Old 11/20/05, 10:45 AM
MSP
Banned

Alittle more Context for Zodiac.. Your Flywheel HP and torque with the 100Shot will be 325HP and 484FT Lbs all at the crank... This is on a 2005 V6 SOHC 4.0 with 100shot of Nitrous on a BAMA Chips tune..

This is mind blowing!!

2005 SOHC 4.0 V6(100Shot Nitrous) 325HP 484Ft. Lbs @ Flywheel.....

Courtesy of BAMAChiPs! This is insane...

Quick Reply: New Dyno numbers with the C&L and BamaChips X-2...