V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

New AFE CAI (no tune required)

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/05, 09:42 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So last wendsday i had a custom tune done by so cal tuning with my new SCT x2 dynoed out with good numbers and today i was at AFE in corona. We were proto typing a new Cold air kit for the V6! very nice unit. and they say no tune required anyway i caled SCT because i wanted to remove the tune and datlog the dyno for shawn if he needed to retune after the testing was done. both SCT and shawn said no way without tune. so first couple passes were ok so we unhooked the bat had lunch and came back. stock without tune was pretty good they asked me to run it for about 500 miles and the we will recheck . i asked if we could try out my tune just for the heck of it hp and torque staid about the same but the curve was yeeha adrian noticed a big diff off the line. we did a drag dyno and did 86mph in the 1/4mile any way after i left i stopped by to let shawn know and he said not to rev do to lean so we hooked it up to his machine and he was surprised the mix was right on he even said he wanted to add some timing to it. so here is the link ill get pricing and when it will be released i hope next week check out the size of the filter

http://www.afefilters.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40

Finally
Tom
Old 6/11/05, 02:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have any larger graphs you can put up? I cant hardly read those. It looks like you're still way under 200 hp and barely there on torque even after a CAI and tune. And am I reading it right you were dynoing under 160hp stock? Sorry, my eyes are terrible sometimes.