V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Need anything else for a t-lok install?

Search this Thread

Old 1/8/06, 04:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I'm pretty set on going with Ford Racing 3.73 gears and a t-lok for the next round. I know gears will need a bearing kit, which can be found at http://www.mustangtuning.com/

I've flipped through the threads, and didn't really find anything (but, I admit...I'm kinda lazy sometimes!)... does a t-lok require anything else for the install? I just want to make sure so I can supply my installer with all the needed parts. I'll probably order from http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/ Don's a good lad and I don't think I've seen a better price.

I'm always grateful for the expertise found here...many thanks!
Old 1/8/06, 06:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Hey Hamid,
I'm all set to have mine installed on Tuesday.
I got the gears and bearing kit from Mustang Tuning also, plus I got three of the Royal Purple gear lube, it already contains the friction modifiers needed for the t-lok.
Bought my t-lok from Don at V6 stuff also. HOWEVER, when it came the address on the box was from "www.stangstore.com"!?
I thought that's strange, I ordered from V6mustangstuff.com.
I went to the website and under the 3.8 performance heading found the t-lok for $179!
I emailed Don and asked him about this and it has been a week and he has not responded to me. I asked why when I ordered from him did it come from another company that also has it for $20 less?
It also looks like a rebuild. The gears and other workings are shiny new but the housing is filthy! The box was a brand new Ford Racing box too. That must be why it's a good price.
I cleaned it up and am still going to use it but since you asked I thought I'd tell you.
I have bought stuff from Don before and have been happy with price, service and quality but for some reason he isn't answering me on this one.
Anyway, that's what I got, the bearing kit, gears, Royal Purple and t-lok. That's all my installer told me I would need. We'll find out Tuesday. I'll post to let you know how it went.
Good luck to you!
Old 1/8/06, 07:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by hamidlmt@January 8, 2006, 6:04 AM
Well, I'm pretty set on going with Ford Racing 3.73 gears and a t-lok for the next round. I know gears will need a bearing kit, which can be found at http://www.mustangtuning.com/

I've flipped through the threads, and didn't really find anything (but, I admit...I'm kinda lazy sometimes!)... does a t-lok require anything else for the install? I just want to make sure so I can supply my installer with all the needed parts. I'll probably order from http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/ Don's a good lad and I don't think I've seen a better price.

I'm always grateful for the expertise found here...many thanks!

You have everything you need! The shop will take care of the rest. A note on getting the work done, and I had to learn the hard way. Got to a shop that knows mustangs/ford rear ends. Make sure there are nothing but fords in the shop. LOL.

I went to a universal shop and they messed up the install, knowing somethign was wrong, I took it to a mustang performance shop and he hooked up a tool to measure the pressure on the gears and said it was way off. Luckily I caught it in time and he fixed it.

I would call your local mustang club and get a reference. That is what I did.

You will both will absolutely love this mod, I promise you that!!!
Old 1/8/06, 12:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Gary... wow, weird experience with Don! Thanks for the tip! I found the t-lok link for anyone that's interested too:
http://www.stangstore.com/Merchant3/mercha...ategory_Code=V6

And, I'll try and pick up some Royal Purple. I've been hearing the name floating around the forums for awhile now. I'm looking forward to your thoughts after the install! We're going to have very similar mods on our rides!

Rygen... that's really good advice to call up a local Mustang club. I asked my favorite local shop about the install and they didn't seem completely confident.

Again... thanks! I'm psyched to get these in!
Old 1/8/06, 04:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Hamid,
Yeah, I don't know what the deal was with Don since he never responded to me. Oh well.
Yes we do have similar rides, except for your duals and appearance stuff.
After I get this done I think I'll be done for a while and try to save some of the cash I've spent!
I do plan on getting to a local dyno shop though and finding out what the car does after all this.
I wish I had done that after each mod to see the progression.
I'll definately post my thoughts on this after it done.

Rygen, this shop I am going to use was the third one I checked out. At least the first two were honest and told me they really didn't want to do it since they didn't have much experience with rear ends. This guy seems like he knows what he's doing. Said he's done them before and on Mustangs too.
Old 1/8/06, 05:15 PM

Originally posted by garyb900@January 8, 2006, 6:16 PM
Hamid,
Yeah, I don't know what the deal was with Don since he never responded to me. Oh well.
Yes we do have similar rides, except for your duals and appearance stuff.
After I get this done I think I'll be done for a while and try to save some of the cash I've spent!
I do plan on getting to a local dyno shop though and finding out what the car does after all this.
I wish I had done that after each mod to see the progression.
I'll definately post my thoughts on this after it done.

Rygen, this shop I am going to use was the third one I checked out. At least the first two were honest and told me they really didn't want to do it since they didn't have much experience with rear ends. This guy seems like he knows what he's doing. Said he's done them before and on Mustangs too.
Cool, just don't want you guys to leanr the hard way like I did. The hard way costs money. Let us know how it goes.
Old 1/8/06, 09:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Rygen... sent an email to a local Mustang club...haven't heard back yet...

Some great pics on their site... gotta share this one... one 05 in the bunch
Tons of Mustangs next to a P-51 (my Dad used to fly 'em!)
http://www.mustang-club.com/OnTheRoad/p51_050924.html
Old 1/9/06, 06:47 AM

Originally posted by hamidlmt@January 8, 2006, 11:44 PM
Rygen... sent an email to a local Mustang club...haven't heard back yet...

Some great pics on their site... gotta share this one... one 05 in the bunch
Tons of Mustangs next to a P-51 (my Dad used to fly 'em!)
http://www.mustang-club.com/OnTheRoad/p51_050924.html

Cool! Those are absolutely beautiful pics, especially with the P-51's!!! Thanks for sharing.