V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

My XCalibrator experiences (& help needed)

Search this Thread

Old 1/26/05, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just received my XCalibrator today with a Premium Fuel program. I uploaded it & was pleased with the performance increase.

Shifts were much criper & acceleration was quicker. I even thought it sounded better but that may be my imagination.

I have a little bit of spark knock but maybe that is from having a 1/4 tank of 87 octane mixed with the 91 octane. I'll get another tank fill up & look for some 93 octane before I pass judgement on the spark knock. If it still does it I may have to adjust the program slightly.

I want to modify the program a little & I'm having trouble with that. If anyone here has had any dealings with programing the XCalibrator please post & maybe we can work together & make all our cars better.

I especially want to get rid of that 2000 RPM takeoff limit. (I have an auto. & I don't have traction control). I think if it would take off a little better the 0-60 should be a lot better. Plus it's darn near impossible to do a tire squealing launch or a burnout with a 2000 RPM limit. Anybody else with automatics have this problem?

Didn't have enough straight unpopulated road to check out top speed yet.