V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Mustang Pride!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 7/27/06, 07:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mustang Pride!!!!

Mustang pride baby!!!!

Yep, so lately, I have been taking a lot of daily joy rides. After all the time I spend on the forums, I have realized something. I’m here for the stang…and I need to enjoy it.

So every day or every other day, I try to go cruising. I know some of you know this, because I have told you in PM’s or what not.

Today’s cruise was probably the best so far, cause I saw 3 instances of Mustang pride. Not V6 pride, not V8 pride, not Cobra pride, but MUSTANG pride.

Taking the long way home from work, GNR Yesterdays blaring in the background, I traded respect with the following stang owners:

o 03 white cobra: Guy had his 8 year old girl in the car, he pulls up next to me, she is smiling as he is looking over, I look over, smile, give a thumbs up and a wave, and he does the same. We rev and then I take my exit.
o 05 Silver GT: He was behind me for about a few miles, I pull over to let him come up beside me. Both of us are grinning ear to ear, he gives a big wave and wave back. Then he takes his exit to Ashburn Va.
o 02 Red V6 vert: He has the top down…..has his girl in the car….I give him a thumbs up and he take a right turn waving.

See, being a mustang owner is a part of American history. Sure, it has a bad *** part, the racing aspect, showing 70K sports cars we can hand their *** to them if we want, etc.
But ultimately, its about being a member of a club, about pride and an American legend.

It’s days like today that just puts huge grin on my face.

So lets hear it, lets hear about your experience like this one. Who cares about engine size, its about the fact that we drive mustangs!
Old 7/27/06, 11:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kinda interesting story.. this should probably go in a forum other than v6 performance btw ... I skipped out on the clock today at work and went to this little place down the road that sells snow cones. We send someone on a regular basis to get cones for everyone working.. getting back into my car a guy sitting out on the street drinking a beer gives me a big thumbs up when I started the car, grinning ear to ear. Kinda cool I guess.
Old 7/28/06, 10:17 AM
V6 Member

I know what you mean, I was one of the first in my area to get the new body style (around december of 04) and the response was crazy, i had cobras passing me, and imports trying to. It really is awesome, after almost two years, i still just love to cruise, crusises always end up in triple digits but still its always fun
Old 7/28/06, 12:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by James4litre
I know what you mean, I was one of the first in my area to get the new body style (around december of 04) and the response was crazy, i had cobras passing me, and imports trying to. It really is awesome, after almost two years, i still just love to cruise, crusises always end up in triple digits but still its always fun

I remember when I first got my car back in December 04. I was the first person just about everywhere I went around town, or traveled around the state even. I got looks like no other. Id get waves, thumbs ups, etc.. Now, yesterday, I saw four new mustangs at different entrances to an intersection. No one but me even made an attempt to say "hey" or wave. Heck, I know several young girls that drive new mustangs daddy bought for them. They dont understand the comradery either.
Old 7/28/06, 05:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have talked to a couple '05+ Mustang owners while driving down one of the main roads in town... One was in a Mineral Grey Vert and when we got to the stop light, we both turned to each other and said 'nice car!' We then talked until the light turned grenn, and continued to talk all the way down to the next light! LOL! And then a few weeks ago, a nice modded V6 came up next to me, so I complimented his shaker hood and we talked a little at the stop light... I still get a few Mustang owners that don't care or won't wave back, but the majority are pretty cool... Heck, one of the guys I work with got the first GT at our dealership and we talk back and forth all the time!
Old 7/29/06, 06:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I`ve only had mine seven months and still enjoy the looks from just about everybody. The best was a good lookover from a girl in a torch red GT, she obviously hadn`t seen a pony pkg V6 or maybe she liked the redfire. I`m also doing way more cruzin. GET OUT THERE ! ! !