V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

MAC intake/Xcalibrator Tune

Search this Thread

Old 6/3/05, 06:34 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recently got a MAC straight shot intake for my V6 05 Mustang and kept getting the engine light on. Contacted MAC tech and this was their response:

"Every mustang that leaves the ford plant has a calibration sticker. This
sticker tells the dealer what the specs were when it left the factory. Some
cars don't recalibrate correctly and need the computer reflashed to
compensate for the change in air flow rate in the meter. This is measured in
grams per second and can also be adjusted by installing an aftermarket chip.
If you have any further questions feel free to contact us again. Find
someone that can reset the computer for you to get rid of any underlying
codes. If that doesn't work other than install a chip or having someone
reprogram your stock computer there would be no other choice but return it.
Occasionally this does happen and we are sorry."

Not very helpful as you can see. So after calling around to several places couldn't even find a Xcalibrator dealer who had a tune for the MAC, Talked to Brent over at Brentspeed and he made a call to SCT who in turn agreed to run some test on the MAC unit if I was willing to shipped it over to them. Sounded good to me I needed to get it out of the garage before the wife noticed it anyway. So to make a long story short, SCT is going to hook the MAC unit up to a auto and a manual and run some dyno's on it and pass that info on to Brent at Brentspeed and he'll do a tune for the Xcalibrator. Whole deal should take 3-4 weeks before I get the Xcalibrator with a tune in my hands.

Hoping the dyno will show some good gains, when hooked up to my car without the tune I noticed better acceleration, pull and sound hoping with a tune it will be even better. So if any of you have the MAC intake you might want to email brent over at Brentspeed.
Old 6/6/05, 10:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

The MAC intake seems like such a good deal... less spendy than MMR or Steeda. Please share the results of your tune when ya can!
Old 7/28/05, 12:38 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Danalor@June 3, 2005, 8:37 PM
I recently got a MAC straight shot intake for my V6 05 Mustang and kept getting the engine light on. Contacted MAC tech and this was their response:

"Every mustang that leaves the ford plant has a calibration sticker. This
sticker tells the dealer what the specs were when it left the factory. Some
cars don't recalibrate correctly and need the computer reflashed to
compensate for the change in air flow rate in the meter. This is measured in
grams per second and can also be adjusted by installing an aftermarket chip.
If you have any further questions feel free to contact us again. Find
someone that can reset the computer for you to get rid of any underlying
codes. If that doesn't work other than install a chip or having someone
reprogram your stock computer there would be no other choice but return it.
Occasionally this does happen and we are sorry."

Not very helpful as you can see. So after calling around to several places couldn't even find a Xcalibrator dealer who had a tune for the MAC, Talked to Brent over at Brentspeed and he made a call to SCT who in turn agreed to run some test on the MAC unit if I was willing to shipped it over to them. Sounded good to me I needed to get it out of the garage before the wife noticed it anyway. So to make a long story short, SCT is going to hook the MAC unit up to a auto and a manual and run some dyno's on it and pass that info on to Brent at Brentspeed and he'll do a tune for the Xcalibrator. Whole deal should take 3-4 weeks before I get the Xcalibrator with a tune in my hands.

Hoping the dyno will show some good gains, when hooked up to my car without the tune I noticed better acceleration, pull and sound hoping with a tune it will be even better. So if any of you have the MAC intake you might want to email brent over at Brentspeed.
I have a similar setup. MAC CAI & SCT XCAL 2. I also got a CEL after installing the MAC. Fortunately Justin at Velocity Mustang Performance had a file with a MAC tune for 93 Octane. I reflashed and the CEL went away.
Old 7/29/05, 10:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I too can now adjust for the MAC intake.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 7/30/05, 10:21 AM
V6 Member

Been gone for a bit, got my intake (MAC) back from SCT and they sent the dyno numbers over to Brent at Brenspeed. Brent did 3 tunes for the Xcal2, 87, 91, 93. Using the 87 right now and the difference is great. No exact number but Brent told me that when SCT put the MAC on some rentals (auto & manual) it picked up about 18 hp to wheels. Told Brent I give him a plug so if your thinking or have the MAC straight shot setup Brent over at brenspeed has the tunes for it. Also he is always available and has great customer service.