Old 1/3/06, 11:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interesting tidbit on the MAC headers:

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2005-4-...ghts-41671.html
Old 1/3/06, 11:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting tidbit on the MAC headers:
I thought that quote didn't sound to good. Thats nothing new to me wrestling with headers, On my (cars) 69 Z/28 BB man to get the Hookers in jack up the car, unbolt one motor mount another jack to jack up that side of the engine then the fight begins. The price is cheap on those macs and they are racing headers can't go wrong, grinding no problem but the one side collector being an 1' lower not good in my book. I would have sent them back after a phone and insurance the another set wouldn't be like that.
I was hoping for dyno data but no just a butt dyno dam!
Old 1/3/06, 12:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

I had originally ordered mac headers, but started hearing about their quality issues... plus, their customer service was sleepy at best... cancelled my order and went with the jba's. My installer said the jba headers went on perfectly with no problems... he was very impressed with the fit and finish. No regrets here... they sound great... and the power gain was very noticeable.
Old 1/3/06, 12:02 PM

Originally posted by TJ06@January 3, 2006, 2:00 PM
I thought that quote didn't sound to good. Thats nothing new to me wrestling with headers, On my (cars) 69 Z/28 BB man to get the Hookers in jack up the car, unbolt one motor mount another jack to jack up that side of the engine then the fight begins. The price is cheap on those macs and they are racing headers can't go wrong, grinding no problem but the one side collector being an 1' lower not good in my book. I would have sent them back after a phone and insurance the another set wouldn't be like that.
I was hoping for dyno data but no just a butt dyno dam!

LOL. Yea. I just thought it was good information to take to the shop doing the work so you can warn them on what they will need to do for proper fitment. But nice to know the person can feel the difference in performance.
Old 1/3/06, 12:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Rygn after reading Ham's post I took it for granted those were the LT racing headers we been talking about went back and read link/post again those were ST's, that quality is on their more expensive ST's not good they would have went back for a refund not an exchange!
Old 1/3/06, 01:37 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@January 1, 2006, 12:34 PM
Ok, this one got my interest so I decided to do more research on the MAC ProChamber. The article MSP provided is good, but I wanted some more info before I pull the trigger.

I found this article, which is about a project car in MMFF magazine (which is sitting on my dining room table).

http://www.stangnet.com/pbullitt/bullittdyno.html

Looks like 7HP and 3TQ (SAE rated numbers). Not bad for just a prochamber. So theres some dyno proof for us. I will definitely get her on a dyno once I put the Prochamber in, sometime late this month or early feb.
I will also test the Pro-Chamber again... I will Dyno my car blown, without the Prochamber.. Basically running through the Y pipe.. Then I will put the Prochamber back on, to see how it will effect a car which is pushing alittle boost...

It is under this extreme circumstance where I feel the Pro-Chamber will shine...

Ragin, I have not left this debate, I notice alot of people still doubting.. But Dont worry, I'll post a dyno sheet which will make you want to cry soon.. One without the Prochamber, and one with it!
Old 1/3/06, 02:17 PM

Originally posted by MSP@January 3, 2006, 3:40 PM
I will also test the Pro-Chamber again... I will Dyno my car blown, without the Prochamber.. Basically running through the Y pipe.. Then I will put the Prochamber back on, to see how it will effect a car which is pushing alittle boost...

It is under this extreme circumstance where I feel the Pro-Chamber will shine...

Ragin, I have not left this debate, I notice alot of people still doubting.. But Dont worry, I'll post a dyno sheet which will make you want to cry soon.. One without the Prochamber, and one with it!

MSP,

Where you been??? Well in case you ddin't notice, look at my sig, I went ahead and bought the pro chamber, so I will post some dynos probably next week if Excessive gets thier dyno working this week.

So you've been quiet lately, been doing covert mods hmmm???? Also, why did you have to take off the MAC? You suddenly gonna post a SC'd or TC'd????

Later.
Old 1/3/06, 02:25 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@January 3, 2006, 1:20 PM
MSP,

Where you been??? Well in case you ddin't notice, look at my sig, I went ahead and bought the pro chamber, so I will post some dynos probably next week if Excessive gets thier dyno working this week.

So you've been quiet lately, been doing covert mods hmmm???? Also, why did you have to take off the MAC? You suddenly gonna post a SC'd or TC'd????

Later.
You have made me proud RaginStormLock!
Old 1/3/06, 02:28 PM

Originally posted by MSP@January 3, 2006, 4:28 PM
You have made me proud RaginStormLock!

Thanks man, I bought it yesterday. LOL.
Old 1/3/06, 08:22 PM

Originally posted by TJ06@January 2, 2006, 10:31 PM
ZEX!! Congrats!! are you still going TC or SC with a two stage with a 50HP squirt? If you are man you & scrming amaze me, that will be cool/fun to see the Dyno and time slips this summer from you guys. I am only going charger do not have the B***'s to do both like you guys.. I'll tell you if this was a V8 (preferably 5.4 )I'd be battling right up there with you guys. I am just overly cautious on this V6 I just can't shake it.

Rygn tell me exactly what you doing exhaust wise, is it ProChamber, catts, 2.5 pipes to straight through MagnaFlows?

Is this also the only thing your doing to your car before you dyno the car?

I look forward to seeing the dyno charts.

But seeing your going on the bottle now poss. 2 stage you’re going to be making some power.

Just for the record when I think of true duals I think of it as no X, H, PC, but I do consider a PC, X or H dual exhaust which will still be exc to see your dyno sheet with this setup because it will be one for the record books for me.

One other thing when is dyno day?

Good Luck

Thanks man, also, keep an eye on Jimp, unlike me he already has his Zex installed and hes getting the remote bottle opener. Keep an eye on him next track season.
Old 1/3/06, 08:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@January 3, 2006, 11:25 PM
Thanks man, also, keep an eye on Jimp, unlike me he already has his Zex installed and hes getting the remote bottle opener. Keep an eye on him next track season.
If I could ever get these &^^%**& gears and TT installed. :bang:
Old 1/3/06, 08:25 PM

Originally posted by Jimp@January 3, 2006, 10:26 PM
Go on a road trip to northern VA, we'll hook you up with Chris at Excessive. He'll take care of you, then give you some dyno time.

Still having a hard time finding a shop to do the work?
Old 1/3/06, 08:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@January 3, 2006, 11:28 PM
Go on a road trip to northern VA, we'll hook you up with Chris at Excessive. He'll take care of you, then give you some dyno time.

Still having a hard time finding a shop to do the work?
Dude, I'm tempted! I've pretty much given up on the shop that was going to do it. I gotta start looking for another place.
Old 1/4/06, 09:40 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Jimp@January 3, 2006, 7:32 PM
Dude, I'm tempted! I've pretty much given up on the shop that was going to do it. I gotta start looking for another place.
Darn, a True-Trac and 3.73's but no shop to install it.. That sucks.. Just find another shop ASAP.. You gotta get that stuff put in.. Have you tried just going to a Ford dealership? They can only charge you for labor.. I bet labor for the job is booked at 4 hours.. @ $75 bucks an hour, thats $300 bucks... @ $90 an hour thats $360... It couldnt hurt.. Plus the dealership do these all the time.. Its possible the Service manager will cut you a break on the price.. I would go to the dealership you bought the car from, and give them a sob story about smaller shops trying to rape you, because its a newer Mustang.. I bet they will do it for $275 to $300 bucks... Couldnt hurt to try...
Old 1/4/06, 10:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Jimp@January 3, 2006, 11:26 PM
As far as I know, Jimp, you and I are the only ones going with 3.73s and a TT. BTW, you will love them! And they didn't raise my RPMs as much as I thought they would.
Old 1/4/06, 01:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Ok, not to hijack the thread but here's an update: TT and gears going on next week! I got tired of waiting and finally just went by the dude's shop. He's got a shop full of race cars, I'm talking all serious stuff here. Full cages, gutted insteriors. He's supposed to be the best around here and I guess he's been so busy he hasn't had a chance to return calls. He works by himself and says he stays until 11PM every night! We didn't talk price but he quoted me $280 a couple of months ago so I'm guessing that will still be the same. I'm probably going to give him a little extra, he doesn't usually work on street cars like mine. Once I get that all done I should be able to finally get to the local track and get some NOS times. I haven't really made time to finish my remote opener, bottle heater and purge kit but I will soon and post some pics. The track will be open for test and tune Jan 28 so I HOPE to get there then.
Old 1/4/06, 01:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Excepcion13@January 4, 2006, 1:18 PM
As far as I know, Jimp, you and I are the only ones going with 3.73s and a TT. BTW, you will love them! And they didn't raise my RPMs as much as I thought they would.
Yeah I can't wait!
Old 1/4/06, 02:58 PM

Originally posted by Jimp@January 4, 2006, 3:49 PM
Ok, not to hijack the thread but here's an update: TT and gears going on next week! I got tired of waiting and finally just went by the dude's shop. He's got a shop full of race cars, I'm talking all serious stuff here. Full cages, gutted insteriors. He's supposed to be the best around here and I guess he's been so busy he hasn't had a chance to return calls. He works by himself and says he stays until 11PM every night! We didn't talk price but he quoted me $280 a couple of months ago so I'm guessing that will still be the same. I'm probably going to give him a little extra, he doesn't usually work on street cars like mine. Once I get that all done I should be able to finally get to the local track and get some NOS times. I haven't really made time to finish my remote opener, bottle heater and purge kit but I will soon and post some pics. The track will be open for test and tune Jan 28 so I HOPE to get there then.

Right on!!!! Glad to hear it Jimp. Also:

"about time!!!!"

Can't wait to see your track times. For me I have to wait till March!!! :bang:
Old 1/4/06, 04:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

"About time"? Ive had gears and a T-lok sitting under my bed since July! I just cant get the money or time to have them installed!
Old 1/4/06, 05:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Since they're just sitting there, why don't you sell those old, stale gears and Tloc to me, and get some fresh ones later?

Quick Reply: Long Tube Headers + Prochamber