V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Long Tube Headers + Prochamber

Search this Thread

Old 12/27/05, 12:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hear ya, justgreat! I am basically going to make my car the guinea pig for this system as I know my numbers and torque/HP before the headers/prochamber/duals. I am hoping that the low end torque will not suffer too much as a result. Any one else have any thoughts?
Old 12/27/05, 01:31 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Excepcion13@December 27, 2005, 2:59 PM
I hear ya, justgreat! I am basically going to make my car the guinea pig for this system as I know my numbers and torque/HP before the headers/prochamber/duals. I am hoping that the low end torque will not suffer too much as a result. Any one else have any thoughts?
Ok... so you are changing/adding all 3 at once??? We need someone to do each mod indivdually!! LOL!
Old 12/27/05, 02:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by scrming@December 27, 2005, 3:34 PM
Ok... so you are changing/adding all 3 at once??? We need someone to do each mod indivdually!! LOL!

I'll be doing my mod one at a time, however, I will not be doing headers anytime soon. Thats up to Excepcion13 as its his plan of attack.
Old 12/27/05, 03:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Excepcion13

I have nothing for a V6 but here is a Dyno perfromed by Pauls High performance,on a stock 4.6 on LT headers just something to look at for ya.

Old 12/27/05, 03:48 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by TJ06@December 27, 2005, 2:45 PM
Excepcion13

I have nothing for a V6 but here is a Dyno perfromed by Pauls High performance,on a stock 4.6 on LT headers just something to look at for ya.

I have recently had to remove my Pro-Chamber.. Let me tell you, its night and day.. I would feel confident in saying the gains seen in this graph, closely depict what the loss of power I have had to endure by going back to the stock Y-PIPE exhaust on the V6...

The Pro-Chamber offers the V6 a tremendous amount of low-end torque, and a blindingly furious SOTP at the upper RPM range..

There is no doubt that the Pro-Chamber is an absolute must for all V6 owners... This point can not be stressed enough.. Whether you choose to follow my advice now, or later its up to you, but in time the numbers will prove the Pro-Chamber worthy of some type of high honor...
Old 12/27/05, 04:11 PM

Originally posted by MSP@December 27, 2005, 5:51 PM
I have recently had to remove my Pro-Chamber.. Let me tell you, its night and day.. I would feel confident in saying the gains seen in this graph, closely depict what the loss of power I have had to endure by going back to the stock Y-PIPE exhaust on the V6...

The Pro-Chamber offers the V6 a tremendous amount of low-end torque, and a blindingly furious SOTP at the upper RPM range..

There is no doubt that the Pro-Chamber is an absolute must for all V6 owners... This point can not be stressed enough.. Whether you choose to follow my advice now, or later its up to you, but in time the numbers will prove the Pro-Chamber worthy of some type of high honor...

What happened? Why did you have to remove it. That sucks.
Old 12/27/05, 06:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

That's the cross type I'll be going with when I do my duals. Good to know that increase is noticable from the Y pipe at least
let us in on why you got it removed.
Old 12/28/05, 09:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Got this at StangNet:

"don't get a prochamber. they actually slow down exhaust velocity and cause a slight restriction compared to an X or H. the exhaust gasses enter the chamber and bounce around before they get squeezed back down to mid pipe diameter. this causes a high pressure area and alittle more back pressure than desired.

this is why Chambered mufflers generally lag behind straight through Pack style mufflers in power production. you are better off with a MAC H-pipe

every test i have ever seen the prochamber laged behind all others in HP by about 3-7 hp

my friends 93 GT lost 6rwhp on a Dynojet when he swapped a prochamber in place of his bassani X. he quickly put the X back on and sold the prochamber"

Any ideas? Would the slight increase in backpressure of the Peochamber be good when comsidering the LT headers and Dual exhaust on a V6? Don't "straight through" exhausts hurt us? I am sure that I read that here somewhere...
Old 12/28/05, 03:23 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Excepcion13@December 28, 2005, 8:35 AM
Got this at StangNet:

"don't get a prochamber. they actually slow down exhaust velocity and cause a slight restriction compared to an X or H. the exhaust gasses enter the chamber and bounce around before they get squeezed back down to mid pipe diameter. this causes a high pressure area and alittle more back pressure than desired.

this is why Chambered mufflers generally lag behind straight through Pack style mufflers in power production. you are better off with a MAC H-pipe

every test i have ever seen the prochamber laged behind all others in HP by about 3-7 hp

my friends 93 GT lost 6rwhp on a Dynojet when he swapped a prochamber in place of his bassani X. he quickly put the X back on and sold the prochamber"

Any ideas? Would the slight increase in backpressure of the Peochamber be good when comsidering the LT headers and Dual exhaust on a V6? Don't "straight through" exhausts hurt us? I am sure that I read that here somewhere...

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...ac/index.shtml
Old 12/29/05, 06:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by MSP@December 28, 2005, 6:26 PM
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...ac/index.shtml
Thanks, MSP! It seems right now that there is a lot of conjecture about the different set-ups, but not that much hard proof. It is good to see some documentation. I am still going Pro, as the LTs are designed to be used with the Prochamber (albeit the offroad one. The catted one I am getting should be only minimally different). I bet the system will sound AWESOME!!! Maybe TOO awesome! I will probably pull the trigger on the whole install mid to late January...
Old 12/31/05, 06:27 PM
GT Member

Eventhough I want to go the PH411 turbo kit route (kit includes O-R pipe), I do plan on upgrading to the pro chamber sometime before spring just to give it a shot. I'll be more then willing to update you all once I get her on there. It'll be coupled with the Magnaflow dual system.
Old 1/1/06, 01:31 PM

Originally posted by Excepcion13@December 28, 2005, 11:35 AM
Got this at StangNet:

Ok, this one got my interest so I decided to do more research on the MAC ProChamber. The article MSP provided is good, but I wanted some more info before I pull the trigger.

I found this article, which is about a project car in MMFF magazine (which is sitting on my dining room table).

http://www.stangnet.com/pbullitt/bullittdyno.html

Looks like 7HP and 3TQ (SAE rated numbers). Not bad for just a prochamber. So theres some dyno proof for us. I will definitely get her on a dyno once I put the Prochamber in, sometime late this month or early feb.
Old 1/1/06, 02:00 PM
Bullitt Member

rygenstormlocke
Looks like 7HP and 3TQ (SAE rated numbers). Not bad for just a prochamber. So theres some dyno proof for us. I will definitely get her on a dyno once I put the Prochamber in, sometime late this month or early feb.
Rygn no offense and IMO you can't use that as proof because its on a V8@240HP doesn't mean alot to me vs. a V6 @ 190HPother than to just look at it and come to a conclusion. That being on a V6 maybe 2-3 RWHP on a 6 depending on the rest of the exhaust setup and if BP comes into play with these V6.

Rygn if you like the above article you posted then you should take a look at the article M&FF 1/06 Redheaded Step Child. They installed and tested a MagnaFlow Trick Tru XX (double X) catted (with oxygen sensors provisions) no headers on a 96 4.6 V8. Dyno verified 11 HP up from 199Hp to 210HP (<----- more in line with a V6 HP) elsewhere along the dyno gain up to 13HP. TQ gain up to 13. This system to me seems like the one I would be looking at if I was you.
Old 1/1/06, 02:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah seems unreliable to me... until we see the true test on OUR cars, we arent going to know for sure.. just imagine all the difference factors between engines that change and can have an effect on exhaust...
Old 1/1/06, 02:13 PM

Originally posted by TJ06@January 1, 2006, 4:03 PM
Rygn no offense and IMO you can't use that as proof because its on a V8@240HP doesn't mean alot to me vs. a V6 @ 190HPother than to just look at it and come to a conclusion. That being on a V6 maybe 2-3 RWHP on a 6 depending on the rest of the exhaust setup and if BP comes into play with these V6.

Rygn if you like the above article you posted then you should take a look at the article M&FF 1/06 Redheaded Step Child. They installed and tested a MagnaFlow Trick Tru XX (double X) catted (with oxygen sensors provisions) no headers on a 96 4.6 V8. Dyno verified 11 HP up from 199Hp to 210HP (<----- more in line with a V6 HP) elsewhere along the dyno gain up to 13HP. TQ gain up to 13. This system to me seems like the one I would be looking at if I was you.

TJ,

No offense taken at all. Its just that its $250 bucks to get this thing, and I want to do all the research I can before buying. But in the end the dyno will tell all. So I will just have to get it and get the dyno done.
Old 1/1/06, 02:39 PM

Originally posted by Zodiac@January 1, 2006, 4:05 PM
Yeah seems unreliable to me... until we see the true test on OUR cars, we arent going to know for sure.. just imagine all the difference factors between engines that change and can have an effect on exhaust...

Good point, well only time will tell at this point.
Old 1/1/06, 02:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Rygn just thought I would mention it to you because I know you are looking for all the HP&TQ you can get. I have been busy lately so not up to date on where you are on you're mods.
Old 1/2/06, 07:38 PM

Originally posted by TJ06@January 1, 2006, 4:57 PM
Rygn just thought I would mention it to you because I know you are looking for all the HP&TQ you can get. I have been busy lately so not up to date on where you are on you're mods.

No problem TJ.

Check out my sig, all my ordered mods are listed. Also, just so its official, my MAC Pro Chamber is ordered as of 10 minutes ago!!!! Let's see what true duals shows on a dyno!
Old 1/2/06, 08:28 PM
Bullitt Member

No problem TJ.

Check out my sig, all my ordered mods are listed. Also, just so its official, my MAC Pro Chamber is ordered as of 10 minutes ago!!!! Let's see what true duals shows on a dyno!
ZEX!! Congrats!! are you still going TC or SC with a two stage with a 50HP squirt? If you are man you & scrming amaze me, that will be cool/fun to see the Dyno and time slips this summer from you guys. I am only going charger do not have the B***'s to do both like you guys.. I'll tell you if this was a V8 (preferably 5.4 )I'd be battling right up there with you guys. I am just overly cautious on this V6 I just can't shake it.

Rygn tell me exactly what you doing exhaust wise, is it ProChamber, catts, 2.5 pipes to straight through MagnaFlows?

Is this also the only thing your doing to your car before you dyno the car?

I look forward to seeing the dyno charts.

But seeing your going on the bottle now poss. 2 stage you’re going to be making some power.

Just for the record when I think of true duals I think of it as no X, H, PC, but I do consider a PC, X or H dual exhaust which will still be exc to see your dyno sheet with this setup because it will be one for the record books for me.

One other thing when is dyno day?

Good Luck
Old 1/3/06, 07:16 AM

Originally posted by TJ06@January 2, 2006, 10:31 PM
ZEX!! Congrats!! are you still going TC or SC with a two stage with a 50HP squirt? If you are man you & scrming amaze me, that will be cool/fun to see the Dyno and time slips this summer from you guys. I am only going charger do not have the B***'s to do both like you guys.. I'll tell you if this was a V8 (preferably 5.4 )I'd be battling right up there with you guys. I am just overly cautious on this V6 I just can't shake it.

Rygn tell me exactly what you doing exhaust wise, is it ProChamber, catts, 2.5 pipes to straight through MagnaFlows?

Is this also the only thing your doing to your car before you dyno the car?

I look forward to seeing the dyno charts.

But seeing your going on the bottle now poss. 2 stage you’re going to be making some power.

Just for the record when I think of true duals I think of it as no X, H, PC, but I do consider a PC, X or H dual exhaust which will still be exc to see your dyno sheet with this setup because it will be one for the record books for me.

One other thing when is dyno day?

Good Luck

At this point, I am leaning towards a single turbo setup. But I still plain on waiting until the dust settles to see how things end up.

For my exhaust setup, it will be stock cats, mac pro chamber with straight through Magnaflows.

I'm also going to do the TI CAI, but keep in mind I will do a seperate dyno for each one.

Lastly, I will do a dyno wiht the Zex after all the components are installed and optimized.

I can't wait!!!!

Later.

Quick Reply: Long Tube Headers + Prochamber