V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

LCA's for my V6 ordered

Search this Thread

Old 2/15/06, 06:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got them from Powerhouse411. Check it out:

Thanks for shopping with us today!
The following are the details of your order.
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 22
Date Ordered: Wednesday 15 February, 2006 Detailed Invoice: http://powerhouse411.com/catalog/index.php...nfo&order_id=22

Products
1 x CHE Stock Replacement Tubular Lower Control Arms (CHE1K) = $128.99
Sub-Total: $128.99
United Parcel Service (1 x 13.20lbs) (Ground): $14.54
Total: $143.53

http://powerhouse411.com/catalog/index.php...6&products_id=1

And the arms race continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Old 2/15/06, 06:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 15, 2006, 7:58 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Got them from Powerhouse411. Check it out:

Thanks for shopping with us today!
The following are the details of your order.
Order Number: 22
Date Ordered: Wednesday 15 February, 2006 Detailed Invoice: http://powerhouse411.com/catalog/index.php...nfo&order_id=22

Products
1 x CHE Stock Replacement Tubular Lower Control Arms (CHE1K) = $128.99
Sub-Total: $128.99
United Parcel Service (1 x 13.20lbs) (Ground): $14.54
Total: $143.53

http://powerhouse411.com/catalog/index.php...6&products_id=1

And the arms race continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

<----order #23 [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

definately lookin forward to the drag strip after these are installed.
Old 2/15/06, 06:58 PM

LOL. I was order 22, amazing. What are the odds of that!!
Old 2/15/06, 07:21 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Good call! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Must...resist...urge...to...mod!
Old 2/15/06, 07:22 PM
Cobra R Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 15, 2006, 8:24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Good call! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] Must...resist...urge...to...mod!
[/b][/quote]

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2/15/06, 07:25 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 15, 2006, 9:24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Do it!!!

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/woohoo.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 15, 2006, 9:26 PM) [post=]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>
Do it!!!

[/b][/quote]

C'mon Jimp, BlackLX, do it man. Join the club, everyones doing it. Take a drag. LOL. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/15/06, 07:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 15, 2006, 10:28 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Do it!!!

C'mon Jimp, BlackLX, do it man. Join the club, everyones doing it. Take a drag. LOL. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I talked you into getting the PH LCAs right? One good turn deserves another! Lemme see, where's that %$%^ Visa? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 2/15/06, 07:31 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 15, 2006, 9:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I talked you into getting the PH LCAs right? One good turn deserves another! Lemme see, where's that %$%^ Visa? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Right on man!!!!!!
Old 2/15/06, 07:32 PM
Cobra R Member

cmon order #24!!!!!!!!
Old 2/15/06, 07:39 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ February 15, 2006, 10:35 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
cmon order #24!!!!!!!!
[/b][/quote]

You guessed it! I was order #24. Hey, that's Jeff Gordon's number! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

Sig updated. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 2/15/06, 07:40 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 15, 2006, 9:42 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You guessed it! I was order #24. Hey, that's Jeff Gordon's number! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

darn. Mike is gonna be like, what the heck. 3 orders in one night. LOL.
Old 2/15/06, 07:42 PM
Cobra R Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 15, 2006, 8:42 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Ya baby!!!
mike is going to be in for a suprise when he shows up to work tomorrow lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 15, 2006, 8:43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
darn. Mike is gonna be like, what the heck. 3 orders in one night. LOL.
[/b][/quote]

maybe a few more will !!!!!!!!
Old 2/15/06, 07:44 PM
GT Member

Thumbs up

Do any of you guys who are pulling triggers on new crome moly LCA's have lowering springs? If so, do you feel the urge (other than to just mod ) to put in LCA relocation brakets for better on-center?

Eric
Old 2/15/06, 07:50 PM
Cobra R Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(esorense @ February 15, 2006, 8:47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Do any of you guys who are pulling triggers on new crome moly LCA's have lowering springs? If so, do you feel the urge (other than to just mod ) to put in LCA relocation brakets for better on-center?

Eric
[/b][/quote]

if i were lowered, i would get the relocation brackets
Old 2/15/06, 07:53 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ February 15, 2006, 9:53 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
if i were lowered, i would get the relocation brackets
[/b][/quote]

Ya, I'm not lowered. I read it would hurt my 1/4 mile times. I actually spoke to my performance shop about this and they told me not to bother with lowering springs if it was going to the track.
Old 2/15/06, 10:48 PM
GT Member

Thumbs up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 15, 2006, 9:56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ya, I'm not lowered. I read it would hurt my 1/4 mile times. I actually spoke to my performance shop about this and they told me not to bother with lowering springs if it was going to the track.
[/b][/quote]

Thank for the feedback. I'm trying to find out how much lowering before having to look at relo brackets for LCA's. Could your speed shop advise:

1. Does mild lowering (1") still mess up quarter mile times? Even with relo brackets and high quality LCA's?

2. Are LCA's needed at all for mild lowering of 1" -- even for daily driving & street use?

BTW: I'm not going for anything lower than 1" here. 1" is my max for lowering consideration.
Old 2/16/06, 03:20 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(esorense @ February 15, 2006, 9:47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Eric
[/b][/quote]

I think you mean panhard bar... when you lower a car, you usually put in an adjustable panhard bar to center the axle (centered as in side to side).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(esorense @ February 16, 2006, 12:51 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thank for the feedback. I'm trying to find out how much lowering before having to look at relo brackets for LCA's. Could your speed shop advise:

1. Does mild lowering (1") still mess up quarter mile times? Even with relo brackets and high quality LCA's?

2. Are LCA's needed at all for mild lowering of 1" -- even for daily driving & street use?
BTW: I'm not going for anything lower than 1" here. 1" is my max for lowering consideration.
[/b][/quote]

I stuck a set of H&R springs in my car (http://mrt-direct.com/2005/Pages/springs.php). Dropped the car just under an inch... The rear axle was still pretty centered... BTW the axle is off center slightly from the factory... As far as 1/4 mile times... not sure exactly the difference. But I can tell you that with the H&R springs the rear end just didn't "squat" when I launched and the nose did not come up... Come to find out, D'OAH, that you WANT the car to squat and the nose to come up! LOL! So now I'm back to the stock springs!

Also you'll need to have your alignment checked... even though my alignment was still technically within specs, my front tires started to cup on the inside after only a few thousand miles...
Old 2/16/06, 10:56 AM
GT Member

I'm not into drag racing myself...yet, but i did see these while searching for eibach prokits...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.sacramento-mustang.com/cgi-bin/....dat|Suspension

Coil Springs
Drag Launch Drag-Launch Kits are designed by Eibach's "Springmeisters" to do only one thing: provide maximum traction to the drive wheel. Engineered with the same attention to quality as every Eibach product, these special springs lower 1/4 mile times dramatically. Lowers Mustang Aprox. 1.00-1.50" Select Polyurethane Offset Rack Bushing to help prevent bump steer and Polyurethane Spring isolators to insure proper riding height.
Caster Camber kit is recommended.
Stock# CS-009

$ 269.00

Just some info in case anyone was interested!

EDIT: Looks like this is for 2004 and earlier GT's only...oh well!
Old 2/17/06, 02:33 PM

Ok all, got an update. Just got off the phone with Torie at Excessive, he said he can hook me up with an install date of the 25th, so I'm pretty pumped up. Actually got to talk to him about my tune, and some other questions I had which pretty much tied in to what Justin told me, so thank you both.

After this, I have done everything I can before going to the track. Well, there is that new TB that just came out, but I think I will wait.

I'm itching for some track time. I havent even sprayed yet. I am forcing myself to wait for the track. Oh well.

I'll try to get more pics this time and keep you updated.
Old 2/17/06, 03:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 17, 2006, 5:36 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ok all, got an update. Just got off the phone with Torie at Excessive, he said he can hook me up with an install date of the 25th, so I'm pretty pumped up. Actually got to talk to him about my tune, and some other questions I had which pretty much tied in to what Justin told me, so thank you both.

After this, I have done everything I can before going to the track. Well, there is that new TB that just came out, but I think I will wait.

I'm itching for some track time. I havent even sprayed yet. I am forcing myself to wait for the track. Oh well.

I'll try to get more pics this time and keep you updated.
[/b][/quote]

It's like 4 bolts. How hard could the install possibly be?

Quick Reply: LCA's for my V6 ordered