V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

LCA's are installed!

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/06, 11:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got my LCA’s installed by Excessive, let me just say this is a great mod, especially for track racing.

Did about 3 hard launches and the car really squat good now, I can feel the rear end hugging the road on take off. Also had some wheel spin but I can definitely tell there is improvement there.

Here is a pic of my new CHS (powerhouse) LCA’s:

Overall I am very happy with the visit, Chris explained to me now my nitrous works, and a bit about my dyno sheet. He also suggested that I get a Steeda panhard bar and bracket. Torey is also working on ordering me some MAC LT’s, GT mid pipes and now I am officially shopping for new mufflers.

Yes Jimp/BlackLX, I will hook you up with my Magnaflow’s when I take them off.
Old 2/25/06, 11:41 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 25, 2006, 1:38 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Just got my LCA’s installed by Excessive, let me just say this is a great mod, especially for track racing.

Did about 3 hard launches and the car really squat good now, I can feel the rear end hugging the road on take off. Also had some wheel spin but I can definitely tell there is improvement there.

Here is a pic of my new CHS (powerhouse) LCA’s:

Overall I am very happy with the visit, Chris explained to me now my nitrous works, and a bit about my dyno sheet. He also suggested that I get a Steeda panhard bar and bracket. Torey is also working on ordering me some MAC LT’s, GT mid pipes and now I am officially shopping for new mufflers.

Yes Jimp/BlackLX, I will hook you up with my Magnaflow’s when I take them off.
[/b][/quote]

Sweet! I'm still debating whether I want to try this on my own or get the shop to do it. Right now i can't get a hold of the shop because the guy is really busy. I guess he's in high demand!
Old 2/25/06, 11:49 AM

Well, there was one part where Larry had someone help him put them in, and slide the bolt through, so I think if you try it, its a two person job.
Old 2/25/06, 11:52 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 25, 2006, 1:52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Well, there was one part where Larry had someone help him put them in, and slide the bolt through, so I think if you try it, its a two person job.
[/b][/quote]

That's what I'm afraid of, getting the old control arm off and not being able to get the new one on. I don't really have anyone to help me this weekend I don't think. I'll keep calling the shop. I'm sure the install would be fairly quick with a lift and the right tools handy.
Old 2/25/06, 12:05 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 25, 2006, 1:55 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That's what I'm afraid of, getting the old control arm off and not being able to get the new one on. I don't really have anyone to help me this weekend I don't think. I'll keep calling the shop. I'm sure the install would be fairly quick with a lift and the right tools handy.
[/b][/quote]

I have a Tuffy muffler by my house that I've built a good relationship with... (they let me stand in the bay and watch/help! LOL) The job is not that techinical... it's just incredibly easier on a hoist... If you have a shop like that, that you trust they can probably do it for you... Or ask the shop that's busy if there is a shop they would trust...

So now you guys have your LCA's I'll have to start learning about how to "adjust" my adjustables to get the most benefit!!! LOL! I know it has to do with pinion angle and -3 degrees or something like that... LOL
Old 2/25/06, 01:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 25, 2006, 2:08 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I have a Tuffy muffler by my house that I've built a good relationship with... (they let me stand in the bay and watch/help! LOL) The job is not that techinical... it's just incredibly easier on a hoist... If you have a shop like that, that you trust they can probably do it for you... Or ask the shop that's busy if there is a shop they would trust...
So now you guys have your LCA's I'll have to start learning about how to "adjust" my adjustables to get the most benefit!!! LOL! I know it has to do with pinion angle and -3 degrees or something like that... LOL
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll look around for another shop since it's such an easy job.
Old 2/25/06, 03:20 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 25, 2006, 4:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll look around for another shop since it's such an easy job.
[/b][/quote]

My shop charged me 45 bucks to install them.
Old 2/25/06, 04:09 PM
Cobra R Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 25, 2006, 12:52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Ya thats there part where you have to push the axle towards the front of the car to install them.

$45 is a fair price, i would have done like $37 at my shop, but whats $8? lol. Especially when ur far away lol.

Just amazing how the wheel hop is just gone though huh?
Old 2/25/06, 04:11 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ February 25, 2006, 6:12 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ya thats there part where you have to push the axle towards the front of the car to install them.

$45 is a fair price, i would have done like $37 at my shop, but whats $8? lol. Especially when ur far away lol.

Just amazing how the wheel hop is just gone though huh?
[/b][/quote]

Cool. Yes, I love this upgrade. This will sound bad, but I have a whole new appreciation for squating now!!!

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]

With LCA's and a decent tune w/mods, you can feel the rear of the car almost pushing down on the road. Its hard to describe.
Old 2/25/06, 04:23 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 25, 2006, 6:14 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Cool. Yes, I love this upgrade. This will sound bad, but I have a whole new appreciation for squating now!!!

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]

With LCA's and a decent tune w/mods, you can feel the rear of the car almost pushing down on the road. Its hard to describe.
[/b][/quote]

Now you need a set of rear 50/50 drag shocks... LOL
Old 2/25/06, 04:58 PM
Cobra R Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 25, 2006, 5:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Now you need a set of rear 50/50 drag shocks... LOL
[/b][/quote]

Point me in that direction, i searched the net a while ago, but got a bit confused lol.
Old 2/25/06, 05:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ February 25, 2006, 7:01 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Point me in that direction, i searched the net a while ago, but got a bit confused lol.
[/b][/quote]

90/10s in the front, 50/50s in the rear. It keeps the rear in place and allows the front to lift, transferring the weight to where you need it. It's strictly for a track car though, they wouldn't be any fun on the street.
Old 2/25/06, 05:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Ya, but like... gimme links so i can put my credit card info in lol
Old 2/25/06, 05:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ February 25, 2006, 7:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ya, but like... gimme links so i can put my credit card info in lol
[/b][/quote]

Oh, heh. I don't think you really want them for a DD.
Old 2/25/06, 05:11 PM
Cobra R Member

My commute is .7 miles each way to work [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] And i own a shop, so changin them out requires 20 minutes lol
Old 2/25/06, 05:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ February 25, 2006, 7:14 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
My commute is .7 miles each way to work [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] And i own a shop, so changin them out requires 20 minutes lol
[/b][/quote]

Maybe get these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKICO-DSPE...sspagenameZWDVW
Old 2/25/06, 05:23 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 25, 2006, 7:11 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Oh, heh. I don't think you really want them for a DD.
[/b][/quote]

I put a set of MMR 50/50 Rear drag shock on the car last fall... haven't had to test them out at the track yet.... The car does squat pretty good now... the rear shocks didn't really effect my daily driving... now the 90/10s in the front... I won't be putting those on... LOL!

The MMRs are a little hookey... they give you like 6 washer on each shock as spacers since the bracket is much bigger than the shock.. One of these days I'll snap a pic! LOL!
Old 2/25/06, 05:38 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ February 25, 2006, 7:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I put a set of MMR 50/50 Rear drag shock on the car last fall... haven't had to test them out at the track yet.... The car does squat pretty good now... the rear shocks didn't really effect my daily driving... now the 90/10s in the front... I won't be putting those on... LOL!

The MMRs are a little hookey... they give you like 6 washer on each shock as spacers since the bracket is much bigger than the shock.. One of these days I'll snap a pic! LOL!
[/b][/quote]

I think the D-Specs would be the best bet. You can adjust them for the track or street without having to change them out. They are expensive though, check my link above.
Old 2/25/06, 06:03 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ February 25, 2006, 7:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I think the D-Specs would be the best bet. You can adjust them for the track or street without having to change them out. They are expensive though, check my link above.
[/b][/quote]

yeah, the price on those babies scared me off..... LOL