V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Just installed my 3.73 and TrueTrac and WOW

Search this Thread

Old 11/23/05, 09:22 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My day started at about 10:00 yesterday at RealSpeed Automotive on Long Island in NY. Dan Carlson, the owner know his Mustangs inside and out - he was a lead designer for Steeda for years and knows everything there is about fine tuning these things.

He started taking everything off and completely hollowed out that rear. Then he started reassembling the gears and the TT. He meticulously measured and remeasured and then we brought it down.

We reflashed my SCT with the new gear ratios and upgrade for the software. But - oh oh, the car kept throwing error codes now with the new software upgrade and gears. When returning car back to stock the Error codes were gone. So after doing about a half dozen changes, we tried using a brand new Tuner out of the box, just in case something went wrong with mine when upgrading the software. But, still had the same problems. We then called SCT, but Tech support had already closed. Dan never gave up and never made me feel like it was even bothering him. He is a true diehard Mustang afficonado and would only let him work on my pony - ever. It was already almost 7:00 and Dan decided - lets try readjusting my tunes with the gear rations and use the old software to reload - WHALLA - No trouble codes. Seems that the new software may have a bug in it and he is looking into it with SCT to see why. I'll keep you guys and girls posted.

That's where the fun started. We decided to take it for a spin and see what difference the new tune, gears and that TT made. I told Dan that he should drive it. This was the first time he got to be in the drivers seat in my ride and let me tell you.....

WOW ... We figured lets test out the TT and we just hit the gas and lit those tires UP!!! It was amazing then the 3.73 kicked in and pulled like a b!i#h! He said he was very very impressed with it. He didn't think that the 6 was that powerful and that it definitley felt like it should be sub 6's for the 0-60. We figured we would Dyno it next time and see the times and final hp.

It was just crazy how the TT kicks in and the whole car feel 500% more solid in the rear from take off - through out. The 3.73 give it such a pull that it really feels like it could knock around almost any stock v8 prior to 05! Not that I am knocking the V8's but it is putting down some serious pull and coming from Dan, He was "very impressed" with what we had done. The tune also shut off the torque limiter and just feels like the car has no throttle lag at all. I also got to test out the TT last night since some roads had some wet leaves and wet spots and it was unreal. It grips and makes a night and day difference from the one legged hopping I was doing in the past.

Definitely well worth the money! BTW, I also met a guy that was having Dan install his Roush supercharger on his V8 Roush and we got to talking for a while. His car was sweet and got me even more convinced that this 6 needs a supercharger next. Dan was at SEMA earlier this month and is still waiting to see which companies are going to offer the best S/C. Paxton has the Novi1200, but seems that it is only available through Shelby for the v6, so we'll see if something changes there and what else happens in the next few months.
Next scheduled mod - S/C for Spring )))

Figure with S/C we could be running 0-60 times in the 4'sto at the least mid to low 5's!! and quarters in low 13's high 12's. Not bad for a V6... I would just like to see the look on a 350z []

Lovin my stang more and more each day --- Have yourselves a great Thanksgiving , and thanks again to Dan !

2005 Screamin Yellin Mustang V6 Auto - Magnaflow Dual Cat Backs - SCT Tune 93 Octane (No Torque Rev Limit / Speed Gov's etc...) - 3.73 Ford Racing Gears - Detroit TrueTrac Limited Slip - Racing Side Stripes
Old 11/23/05, 09:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Very nice!

I'm really thinking about 3.73 gears and a Ford Racing T-lok... maybe after the intake and tuner arrive.
Old 11/23/05, 09:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is awesome!!!! I just had mine done last week and you are right, its hard to believe its a 6 under the hood. Try taking a hard corner, with power to both wheels you will feel the difference.

And thanks for the tip on the tuner, I am getting ready to switch to SCT.

Old 11/30/05, 07:24 PM
GT Member

You guys are killing me...

I am NOT going to mod anymore

Old 11/30/05, 07:49 PM
Bullitt Member

My TT and 3.73s go on Friday Dec. 9th (counting down the days). Man, it is good to know that they will really make a difference. When are you going to dyno?
Old 11/30/05, 07:57 PM
GT Member

How did that affect your gas mileage?
Old 11/30/05, 09:50 PM

Originally posted by DanteMO@November 30, 2005, 9:27 PM
You guys are killing me...

LOL, resistance is futile.
Old 11/30/05, 09:51 PM

Originally posted by the cable guy@November 30, 2005, 10:00 PM
How did that affect your gas mileage?

I'm getting around 23mpg, but I think my CAI and Exhaust are helping me counter act my 4.10s in terms of maintaining a decent mpg.
Old 11/30/05, 09:53 PM

Originally posted by Excepcion13@November 30, 2005, 9:52 PM
My TT and 3.73s go on Friday Dec. 9th (counting down the days). Man, it is good to know that they will really make a difference. When are you going to dyno?

I have to wait till January for a tune/dyno. EB3 said they don't have one at the moment as thier new one will arrive in January. Doh. I could go to Excessive, let me know how they work out.
Old 11/30/05, 10:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Excessive is in Manassas (off Euclid and Owens). 28 to Manassas drive to Euclid to Owens. I am getting there at 930 and they said it would atke about 5 hours to do everything (incuding tune and dyno). If you get a chance, drop by. I will be there until 230 at the earliest, I am sure. I expect to be there all day, knowing how contingencies happen.
Old 11/30/05, 10:03 PM

Originally posted by Excepcion13@December 1, 2005, 12:03 AM
Excessive is in Manassas (off Euclid and Owens). 28 to Manassas drive to Euclid to Owens. I am getting there at 930 and they said it would atke about 5 hours to do everything (incuding tune and dyno). If you get a chance, drop by. I will be there until 230 at the earliest, I am sure. I expect to be there all day, knowing how contingencies happen.
I might just have to do that, I still have 3 weeks of vacation to burn or I loose some of it, I can't remember how much I can carry over into next year. Plus, you can try out the 4.10s while you are at it.