V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

It's become an addiction..

Search this Thread

Old 12/29/05, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, I posted a thread a while back stating that I was done modding my car. Well since then, I've added Magnaflow Duals, a Strut tower brace, and today I drove from Savannah, GA to Winston-Salem, NC to get a GT grille installed. Pics are on the way(it's dark out now and I gotta wash the car), but seriously, I can't stop buying stuff for this car. I do have a question for you guys that have put on GT grilles, I can't seem to close my hood now. I spent ten minutes trying to get it to clamp down with no luck. I don't know if I'm just retarded today or it's something different now that the front of my grille has been changed.
Old 12/29/05, 04:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

I can stop any time I want... uh huh uh huh! (Yeah.... I see that supercharger on your wish list!)

Looking foward to your pics!
Old 12/29/05, 04:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Maija@December 29, 2005, 6:09 PM
Guys, I posted a thread a while back stating that I was done modding my car. Well since then, I've added Magnaflow Duals, a Strut tower brace, and today I drove from Savannah, GA to Winston-Salem, NC to get a GT grille installed. Pics are on the way(it's dark out now and I gotta wash the car), but seriously, I can't stop buying stuff for this car. I do have a question for you guys that have put on GT grilles, I can't seem to close my hood now. I spent ten minutes trying to get it to clamp down with no luck. I don't know if I'm just retarded today or it's something different now that the front of my grille has been changed.
Congrats, and welcome to the disease...I mean club.

Now about your GT grille, your hood latch is the problem. You need to unbolt it, add some washers and bolt it back on. I've read people need one to two washers on each bolt. For me, all I needed was one washer on each bolt. This will allow the hood latch to clear the locking mech.

Let us know how it turns out.
Old 12/29/05, 04:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yup, same thing with me, my kit came with bolts. EASY fix, no worries.
Old 12/29/05, 05:29 PM
GT Member

Sorry to hear you have the disease too! I'm new to the forum and after a few weeks, I find myself changing wheels, putting on a GT rear bumper for the dual exhaust that's on the way. Doug at Bamachips is sending the C&L cai/SCT II tuner combo next week. Help! is there a mod'ers support group? I used to play with mustangs in high school and college, but then ....Marriage,kid's, work next thing you know you're driving a freakin' minivan. So, my wife buys me my new 05 vert for my 45th, now I'm figuring how to buy parts without leaving a paper trail. What's a guy to do?
By the way, the GT grille is 1/4 inch taller so two washers under the latch is the trick. Been there, done that with the new grille.
Old 12/29/05, 05:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 05 cayuse@December 29, 2005, 7:32 PM
Sorry to hear you have the disease too! I'm new to the forum and after a few weeks, I find myself changing wheels, putting on a GT rear bumper for the dual exhaust that's on the way. Doug at Bamachips is sending the C&L cai/SCT II tuner combo next week. Help! is there a mod'ers support group? I used to play with mustangs in high school and college, but then ....Marriage,kid's, work next thing you know you're driving a freakin' minivan. So, my wife buys me my new 05 vert for my 45th, now I'm figuring how to buy parts without leaving a paper trail. What's a guy to do?
By the way, the GT grille is 1/4 inch taller so two washers under the latch is the trick. Been there, done that with the new grille.
Nice!

Here is what I do, I stopped ordering from the internet. I put cash aside and place all orders through Excessive Motorsports, and pay them in cash. Bingo, no paper trail. LOL. I know, I have it bad.

You think I'm bad, just ask Scrming! Now theres someone with the addiction. Ask him what his wife calls the car.
Old 12/29/05, 05:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05 cayuse@December 29, 2005, 4:32 PM
This is the modders support group! Everyone supports you in getting more mods!

You're gonna love the C&L and Bamachips tune! Prepare for some tire spinnin' fun! (at half-throttle even!). Because of these two mods, I'm now forced to get a t-lok. Ya see how the addiction just grows?!
Old 12/30/05, 12:14 PM

Ok, thanks for all of the replies. Rygen,05 cayuse,Scott05, good looking out on the washer & bolt info. I went to Lowes this morning and got everything squared away. Anyways, here's a couple of pics. I love my car

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/Mai...courses2132.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/Mai...courses2127.jpg

This was the kit from Tops and Trends which is listed on eBay. Install was $105. Very professional shop and quick service.
Old 12/30/05, 02:05 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by rygenstormlocke@December 29, 2005, 7:34 PM
Nice!

Here is what I do, I stopped ordering from the internet. I put cash aside and place all orders through Excessive Motorsports, and pay them in cash. Bingo, no paper trail. LOL. I know, I have it bad.

You think I'm bad, just ask Scrming! Now theres someone with the addiction. Ask him what his wife calls the car.

yeah... my wife calls the car "The Mistress"... LOL!

Latest mod... I pulled the insulation off the hood... was leaving nasty black marks on the plenum cover! The paint under the insulation is over course pretty sad.... but it's not terrible... now to see if I can get the dealership to write it up as a paint defect! LOL!

Old 12/30/05, 02:21 PM
Bullitt Member

scrming, love the plenum cover. I just got a torch red one. I have been worrying that the hood insulation would rub off on it. If I took mine out it wouldn't look good though because the hood scoop bolts would all be exposed. Maybe I’ll just put the plenum cover on when I go to a car show.