V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Interior Upgrade Package

Search this Thread

Old 4/23/05, 01:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am new to this forum and after doing all my research on the 2005 mustangs. I decided to buy a v6. I went to this dealership today to look for my mustang and I found one that had all the options that was looking for in a V6, except one option (Interior Upgrade Package) that guy said that they cannot do any aftermarket changes to it beacuse it comes installed from the factory as it is. And I don't want to wait for 3 months to get my car on order. So, if u guys can tell if there is any aftermarket products out there to get the same look (Satin Aluminuim Finish on the dash board) which only costs $450 from the factory and how much would it cost me if I get any aftermarket one??? Help!!

THE PACKAGE INCLUDES::

Interior Upgrade Package $450.00

- Satin Aluminum Finish Instrument Panel Appliqué - Ribbed Pattern
- Special New Bright Polished Six-Gauge Cluster with MyColor Feature and Message Center
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Satin Aluminum Spokes
- Satin Aluminum-Plated Shift Lever with Automatic Transmission
- Bright Polished Register Rings and Leather-Wrapped Sport Shift **** for Manual Transmission
- Satin Aluminum-Plated Door Handles
- Satin Aluminum Door Sill Scuff Plate with Bright MUSTANG Lettering Insert
- Dark Charcoal Aberdeen Pattern Front Door Panel Inserts
Old 4/23/05, 06:05 AM

Originally posted by mustang_lover@April 23, 2005, 3:21 AM
I am new to this forum and after doing all my research on the 2005 mustangs. I decided to buy a v6. I went to this dealership today to look for my mustang and I found one that had all the options that was looking for in a V6, except one option (Interior Upgrade Package) that guy said that they cannot do any aftermarket changes to it beacuse it comes installed from the factory as it is. And I don't want to wait for 3 months to get my car on order. ...
Have you checked to see if you can find the exact car you are looking for, including the IUP? If you have not, try going to the ford web page and doing a search. It may take a few minutes to do a thorough search, but you may find one right near by.
Old 4/23/05, 03:38 PM

Originally posted by anthonydg+April 23, 2005, 5:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(anthonydg @ April 23, 2005, 5:08 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-mustang_lover@April 23, 2005, 3:21 AM
I am new to this forum and after doing all my research on the 2005 mustangs. I decided to buy a v6. I went to this dealership today to look for my mustang and I found one that had all the options that was looking for in a V6, except one option (Interior Upgrade Package) that guy said that they cannot do any aftermarket changes to it beacuse it comes installed from the factory as it is. And I don't want to wait for 3 months to get my car on order. ...
Have you checked to see if you can find the exact car you are looking for, including the IUP? If you have not, try going to the ford web page and doing a search. It may take a few minutes to do a thorough search, but you may find one right near by.
[/b][/quote]

Well, I did all my search online and looked at all the dealerships near my area (BayArea) but I couldn't find any v6 that has IUP??? Can u guys do u search in ur area with ur zip and let me know if there is any available, may be I can ship it from there or something. tHX!!!
Old 4/23/05, 04:11 PM

Originally posted by mustang_lover+April 23, 2005, 2:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mustang_lover @ April 23, 2005, 2:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by anthonydg@April 23, 2005, 5:08 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-mustang_lover
@April 23, 2005, 3:21 AM

Well, I did all my search online and looked at all the dealerships near my area (BayArea) but I couldn't find any v6 that has IUP??? Can u guys do u search in ur area with ur zip and let me know if there is any available, may be I can ship it from there or something. tHX!!!
[/b][/quote]

never mind guys i found the solution that i was lookin for :: http://www.ssinserts.com/Merchant2/merchan...egory_Code=111a
Old 4/26/05, 11:26 AM

Well if you are only after the aftermarket dash panels go here

http://www.dashkitstore.com/

They have dash kits available in various finishes. Hope it helps.
Old 4/27/05, 09:11 PM

thx for that website addy!! lot cheaper than the one i found.... :worship:
Old 4/28/05, 08:25 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah... but that's not going to get you the MyColor gauges or the Message center. But if you don't care about that portion of the IUP, then I think you found your solution.
Old 4/28/05, 09:54 AM

Originally posted by AWmustang@April 28, 2005, 7:28 AM
Yeah... but that's not going to get you the MyColor gauges or the Message center. But if you don't care about that portion of the IUP, then I think you found your solution.

I do really want the MyColor option and the Message Center, but then i have to order it and wait for 3+ months.... I don't know what should I do?? Is it better to just wait and get all those options or should i just buy it without em?? :scratch:
Old 4/29/05, 07:26 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by mustang_lover+April 28, 2005, 9:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mustang_lover @ April 28, 2005, 9:57 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-AWmustang@April 28, 2005, 7:28 AM

I do really want the MyColor option and the Message Center, but then i have to order it and wait for 3+ months.... I don't know what should I do?? Is it better to just wait and get all those options or should i just buy it without em?? :scratch:
[/b][/quote]

Well that's really something only you can answer. For me, I didn't want to settle on anything less than what I wanted. I did that with my last car and it bugs me to this day. Though if you REALLY want the MyColor and message center, there is a sticky on the MyColor retrofit. So you could get the car now and still get the MyColor. Course, that will cost you more in the long run. But you'll be out there enjoying your pony, so I don't think you'll care too much.

Decisions. Decisions.
Old 4/29/05, 10:29 PM

D A M N!!! dealers don't have the car that I'm lookin' for. I guess I have to order it then freaking wait for D A M N three months!!! :bang:
Old 5/1/05, 11:21 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by mustang_lover@April 29, 2005, 10:32 PM
D A M N!!! dealers don't have the car that I'm lookin' for. I guess I have to order it then freaking wait for D A M N three months!!! :bang:

ML - did you try lots here in SoCal? Only a 45 minute one-way flight on SouthWest will get you into Burbank and you could drive your new stang home up Highway 1 - that would be a great 1st drive! Get a list of SoCal zip codes and I'd bet you'll find one down here - I've seen lots of V6's on dealer lots - trouble you are going to run into though is the IUP was on back order last Dec - Jan so there may not be a lot of the V6's with it. Also, I don't know how many of the V6's come fully loaded - vs. more entry level?

Try my zip 91360 and run a 250 mile radius in your search - that will cover quite a bit of SoCal.

I have the IUP and like posted above - it would bug me if I didn't get the exact car I wanted.....the my color is trick and I really like the messge center as well! See my pic below as I have added the center stack "Satin Nickle" surround, the console top and the window switch plates from WoodView automotive trim company. 905.238.9621 "www.woodcorp.com"
Old 5/1/05, 12:08 PM

So, u mean goto www.forddirect.com and search for it? But there is no option for putting in the radius in my search? only the zip code! Help!
Old 5/1/05, 12:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by mustang_lover@May 1, 2005, 12:11 PM
So, u mean goto www.forddirect.com and search for it? But there is no option for putting in the radius in my search? only the zip code! Help!
Yes, there is no way to set a search radius (at least not that I've found). It's been one of my biggest gripes about the Ford Direct web site. If someone knows how to do a radius search, I'd love to know.
Old 5/25/05, 08:16 PM
GT Member

What did you decide to do?

Has anyone found a great aftermarket dash kit for the 05 mustang?
Old 5/25/05, 11:20 PM

Originally posted by Daniel1981@May 25, 2005, 7:19 PM
What did you decide to do?

Has anyone found a great aftermarket dash kit for the 05 mustang?
I just recently found one after long time wait but it still doesn't have a IUP, so imma just get the car without the IUP...

But I'm goin to buy the whole aluminum kit from http://www.dashkitstore.com/

I don't think there's anything out there aftermarket for MY COLOR or a MESSAGE CENTER....
Old 5/26/05, 06:06 AM
Cobra Member

yes there is. see here:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=15841
Old 5/26/05, 09:26 AM
Cobra Member

I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for, but there are quite a few V6's around the DFW area. Do a search for 75231 to see what's around Dallas. Prestige Ford alone has 11 verts and 5 coupes.
Old 5/26/05, 10:44 AM

Originally posted by Tres Wright@May 26, 2005, 8:29 AM
I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for, but there are quite a few V6's around the DFW area. Do a search for 75231 to see what's around Dallas. Prestige Ford alone has 11 verts and 5 coupes.
I am lookin for every other option except the SHAKER 1000...

Mustangs with IUP are really hard to find here in Bay Area... :bang:

I am just buy the car with just the Interior Sports Package....

Has anyone done a MESSAGE CENTER mod???
Old 5/26/05, 10:45 AM

Originally posted by kevinv-6@May 26, 2005, 5:09 AM
yes there is. see here:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=15841
Thanks alot for that link KEVIN....
Old 5/26/05, 11:07 AM
Cobra Member

you are welcome!!!

Quick Reply: Interior Upgrade Package