V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

I think that I'm about done...

Search this Thread

Old 11/28/05, 04:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, I have a 2006 Tungsten Pony Package V6. I'm adding my last mod to my car this week. So far I've done: K&N CAI, Ford Trac-loc, Motive 3.73s, SCT Tune from Lidio, BMR tubular lower control arms. Now I'm awaiting installation for my Dual Magnaflow exhaust. I've made it considerably more fun to drive and I should do some decent numbers when the track opens back up in the spring. But I've realized that putting more money into this car isn't going to satisfy my new found desire for racing. I'm going to step up to a SN 95 GT/Cobra platform and build from there. But make no mistake, I'm still loyal to the Sixer Movement!!!
Old 11/28/05, 04:54 AM

Here's a pic, BTW Hope it works!
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d168/Mai...ourses20112.jpg
Old 11/28/05, 08:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Oh if I could only be satisfied and say I was done modding the car...

Oh if I could only buy an old cobra to play around with...

Oh oh woe is me!
Old 11/28/05, 08:32 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Maija@November 28, 2005, 3:41 AM
Hey guys, I have a 2006 Tungsten Pony Package V6. I'm adding my last mod to my car this week. So far I've done: K&N CAI, Ford Trac-loc, Motive 3.73s, SCT Tune from Lidio, BMR tubular lower control arms. Now I'm awaiting installation for my Dual Magnaflow exhaust. I've made it considerably more fun to drive and I should do some decent numbers when the track opens back up in the spring. But I've realized that putting more money into this car isn't going to satisfy my new found desire for racing. I'm going to step up to a SN 95 GT/Cobra platform and build from there. But make no mistake, I'm still loyal to the Sixer Movement!!!

How can you be done? I dont see Nitrous, a Supercharger or a Turbo yet!

You cant be done yet my friend.. The 05V6's have run 11's with a Turbo.. Its not time to stop yet.. Talk to Scrming or Jimp.. Scrming lives near all the aftermarket Turbo fabricators, he can get you hooked up.. Also there is Nitrous...

You also have not yet changed the cam, heads, or Forged Pistons... By changing the Heads and cam, you can get into the twelves easy...

Have you bought all of this stuff yet?

http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/

Click on the 2005 SOHC 4.0 catalog.. If you can tell me you have bought the heads and cam atleast, then I'll let you go.. But thus far, your giving up before you have done anything yet... Not time Maija!!

Cant leave yet..
Old 11/28/05, 10:10 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by MSP@November 28, 2005, 10:35 AM
How can you be done? I dont see Nitrous, a Supercharger or a Turbo yet!

You cant be done yet my friend.. The 05V6's have run 11's with a Turbo.. Its not time to stop yet.. Talk to Scrming or Jimp.. Scrming lives near all the aftermarket Turbo fabricators, he can get you hooked up.. Also there is Nitrous...

You also have not yet changed the cam, heads, or Forged Pistons... By changing the Heads and cam, you can get into the twelves easy...

Have you bought all of this stuff yet?

http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/
Click on the 2005 SOHC 4.0 catalog.. If you can tell me you have bought the heads and cam atleast, then I'll let you go.. But thus far, your giving up before you have done anything yet... Not time Maija!!
Cant leave yet..
I have to agreee with MSP here... You've built a nice foundation on your 05... why give up now?
Old 11/28/05, 11:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

has anyone actually changed out their heads and cams? I wonder what sort of gains you'd get...
Old 11/28/05, 11:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Mmm Im guessing about 30 net off heads and cams

And remember guys that not everyone is as performance oriented as we are... a lot of people are going to be happy with just simple mods and simple power gains.. remember this is a very fun car to drive even stock!
Old 11/28/05, 06:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Zodiac@November 28, 2005, 1:42 PM

And remember guys that not everyone is as performance oriented as we are... a lot of people are going to be happy with just simple mods and simple power gains.. remember this is a very fun car to drive even stock!
What is this "stock" thing you speak of? I don't think we have that 'round here :scratch:

Old 11/28/05, 07:10 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Zodiac@November 28, 2005, 10:42 AM

LOL!! Your preaching to the choir my good friend.. As you know, I have been saying this car is really good stock, and all is well... As soon as we allow this mindset to set in, we hear how inadequate it is from the other camp... Zodiac, I would love to just get to 300HP and be happy... I wouldnt need anymore.. But they wont let us.. Either we get these things to 400RWHP, or atleast show that we are trying, or the other camp will deem us as inadequate.. LOL! I would love for us to be considered a good buy with 225HP, but they will beat us with critisizm..

We cant allow him to stop... We must push forward.. LOL!!
Old 11/29/05, 04:01 AM

You guys are awesome. But seriously, what will a Supercharger with install actually run me? I've haard it's like $5K. If I do decide to get a Nitrous set up(and I definitely have considered it) what will that install cost?? I'm not expecting you guys to have direct quotes or anything, I'm just looking for some ballpark figures and some more advice. Thanks for that supersix link, I'm located in GA, so I'll have to check those guys out. One more thing, all of the shops around here specialize in import tuners, but they offer Nitrous installs, should I even bother with them? I'm sure that they probably have zero experience working with our cars. Decisions, decisions....
Old 11/29/05, 04:07 AM

Almost forgot, I was also considering putting in some new headers. I did my homework and searched the forum for old posts about this topic, but I didn't find anyone giving an estimate of what they paid to have the work done. So if anyone has any input, thanks.
Old 11/29/05, 04:19 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Maija@November 29, 2005, 6:04 AM
You guys are awesome. But seriously, what will a Supercharger with install actually run me? I've haard it's like $5K. If I do decide to get a Nitrous set up(and I definitely have considered it) what will that install cost?? I'm not expecting you guys to have direct quotes or anything, I'm just looking for some ballpark figures and some more advice. Thanks for that supersix link, I'm located in GA, so I'll have to check those guys out. One more thing, all of the shops around here specialize in import tuners, but they offer Nitrous installs, should I even bother with them? I'm sure that they probably have zero experience working with our cars. Decisions, decisions....
yeah, your looking at around $3500 just for a S/C kit plus install and tune...

I really like my Zex Nitrous setup. You can get the base kit for under $600 and then you really will want to had the "racers" kit for about another $300.... so your looking at less than $900 for a nice setup... It really isn't that hard to install the Zex... I've got a few pics and things on my webpage about my install. Lidio should definitely be able to help you out with the proper tune for the Nitrous...

Right now I'm running the 100HP shot with no signs of any kinds of problems... I've got about 20 passes at the track on the 100HP jets... about 10 passes on the 75HP jets... I think we could easily go to 125HP shot but until I get the tire spin under control there's really no reason to go to the 125HP...
Old 11/29/05, 09:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Maija@November 29, 2005, 6:04 AM
Where are you in GA? Im up in ATL and can maybe give some reccs. Super6 does really good work. Tom Yentzer knows his stuff to say the least.
Old 11/29/05, 09:56 AM
GT Member

I'm in Atlanta too, haven't really had the money to do much to my ride, but I'll be coming into some once I graduate and start working, where around town do you get your car dyno'd, etc Zodiac?
Old 11/29/05, 10:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Only time ive been on the dyno I drove down to outside Birmingham to see Doug and have him do it. Ill see if I can pull together a list of good places to have work done etc. Remember to read the SE forums and you should check out http://www.xfoa.net Xtreme Fords of Atlanta they're a group of really good guys, a lot of them are mechanics and willing to do some good work too

Were are you going to school right now? Im at Emory.. it'd be great if we could get together some time and have a few