V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

I call it as it is

Search this Thread

Old 11/19/06, 07:11 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
I call it as it is

Last night I was coming home very late.Behind me was a 2005+ Mustang V-6 car.I'll admit when I got on the entrance ramp I really nailed it pretty hard getting on the freeway.The Mustang behing me was keeping up with me.Then we came up on a 6% grade mountain(I-70East,altitude 7500ft.) to Denver.I had set it on cruize at 65MPH.This Pony came fling right by me pulling about 80MPH.I'll admit that pulling Floyd Hill takes quite a bit of power and torque to run this hill.I wasn't racing the guy but the V-6 car was impressive! Now if I could just talk my wife into getting one
Old 11/19/06, 07:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want a V6 as a second car too!! GO
Old 11/19/06, 04:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2005GTDELUXE
I want a V6 as a second car too!! GO

Yes next car will be a V6 vert when this one is paid for! My Explorer has the same engine.
Old 11/19/06, 07:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rapture
Yes next car will be a V6 vert when this one is paid for! My Explorer has the same engine.
But the mustang accelerates so much better!
Old 11/23/06, 10:24 PM
Bullitt Member

at 288rwhp and 290rwtq, I am very happy with my V6
Old 11/24/06, 01:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by GrabberOgre
Last night I was coming home very late.Behind me was a 2005+ Mustang V-6 car.I'll admit when I got on the entrance ramp I really nailed it pretty hard getting on the freeway.The Mustang behing me was keeping up with me.Then we came up on a 6% grade mountain(I-70East,altitude 7500ft.) to Denver.I had set it on cruize at 65MPH.This Pony came fling right by me pulling about 80MPH.I'll admit that pulling Floyd Hill takes quite a bit of power and torque to run this hill.I wasn't racing the guy but the V-6 car was impressive! Now if I could just talk my wife into getting one
Lots of bottom-end torque! My car has yet to downshift from OD when pulling a mtn grade.
Hey, what happen to the Bronco`s last nite?
Chiefs fan !
Old 11/24/06, 05:51 PM

Thats cool that you think so man. They can hold thier own when they need to. Best way to get your wife to agree to buying one, is let her test drive a vert. Test drive + vert = Happy Wife. LOL.

Old 11/24/06, 05:52 PM

LOL, I bet you are. Sick numbers there man. Right on.

Originally Posted by soitsav6
at 288rwhp and 290rwtq, I am very happy with my V6
Old 11/24/06, 06:13 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by I-70 west
Lots of bottom-end torque! My car has yet to downshift from OD when pulling a mtn grade.
Hey, what happen to the Bronco`s last nite?
Chiefs fan !
I really don't follow the Broncos(nyuk,nyuk,nyuk-Cowboys),mostly NASCAR and Grand Cup racing.
Old 11/24/06, 06:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

I was very happy when I test drove my car and that is why I bought it. With the tune it is even more impressive.
Old 11/25/06, 01:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

I really don't follow the Broncos(nyuk,nyuk,nyuk-Cowboys),mostly NASCAR and Grand Cup racing.
Right-on, can`t wait till Daytona. I`ll be watching for you next time I`m through Denver. I Came through I-70 heading west in early Oct. and took US 40 from Idaho Springs on to Utah, beautiful country! I really enjoy mountain driving in this car.
Old 11/25/06, 04:20 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by I-70 west
Right-on, can`t wait till Daytona. I`ll be watching for you next time I`m through Denver. I Came through I-70 heading west in early Oct. and took US 40 from Idaho Springs on to Utah, beautiful country! I really enjoy mountain driving in this car.
We cruize up to the mountains all the time during the summer months,we have a townhome up in Vail.Its awesome driving through some of the canyons up there.I took this pic a few years back.
Attached Images  
Old 11/25/06, 07:18 AM

I agree on the torque of the V6's. I was impressed with the way they pull in the hills. Of course the wife wants more power so someday it's going to happen.
Old 11/25/06, 11:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

We cruize up to the mountains all the time during the summer months,we have a townhome up in Vail.Its awesome driving through some of the canyons up there.I took this pic a few years back.
I`ve got too much vacation time so I`m driving to KCMO all the time and mountain driving is the best. I`m learning to get off the interstate and see America, driving the secondary hiways and backroads. When I lived in Mo., Colorado was always the choice for vacation, my first view of mountains was coming west into Denver on I-70. Since then I`ve been exploring the west for many years. With this car, as I`ve stated in past post, there hasn`t been a mountain or canyon road it couldn`t handle. Some of the encounters I`ve had with other vehicles that couldn`t or wouldn`t are comical. The best was I-90 west bound before the Idaho Montana border, the hairpins are terrible there and a Big F series truck had just passed me before getting into them. When he slowed down for the posted 55 I keep the cruise on 75 and eat the hiway for lunch. Later the road straightened out and here he comes again and gives me the look of astonishment as he passes.
Old 12/30/07, 10:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Give the 6'ers their due.

I have to say when the S197 came out, I read all about the standard marketing strategy Ford used (and many other companies too) about introducing a "base" model and a "performance" model (or whatever you choose to describe it as), and I thought the 4.0L 6cyl was just a much slower but peppy way to propel a base model Stang if you didn't want to pay for the 8cyl...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the 8cyl isn't good, but I have to say reading on this forum about some of the things ppl have been doing with the power and performance output of the 4.0L, I have been so very impressed. I don't know why I didn't expect it, after all lots of other 6cyl engines kick booty (lots of Japanese for instance), but somehow that marketing strategy just takes the focus off the Ford 4.0L. Too bad I say for all the fools who think beating an S197 with a 6 is a cakewalk. I say more power to all the people with them!

Cheers!
Old 12/31/07, 08:41 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Mackitraz
I have to say when the S197 came out, I read all about the standard marketing strategy Ford used (and many other companies too) about introducing a "base" model and a "performance" model (or whatever you choose to describe it as), and I thought the 4.0L 6cyl was just a much slower but peppy way to propel a base model Stang if you didn't want to pay for the 8cyl...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the 8cyl isn't good, but I have to say reading on this forum about some of the things ppl have been doing with the power and performance output of the 4.0L, I have been so very impressed. I don't know why I didn't expect it, after all lots of other 6cyl engines kick booty (lots of Japanese for instance), but somehow that marketing strategy just takes the focus off the Ford 4.0L. Too bad I say for all the fools who think beating an S197 with a 6 is a cakewalk. I say more power to all the people with them!
Well said................I think us V6 guy's are slowly gaining respect on the streets!! (And the guy's with X-Chargers, are hurtin some folks feelings I'm sure!)
Old 12/31/07, 12:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think it's up to the new generation of Mustang V6's to change the perception of us being the slow ploddy little brother to the V8. That may have been the case back in the day but our V6's are kicking some serious butt on the streets and on the track. You know that the tide is changing cos more and more performance parts are coming out for us V6ers.
Old 12/31/07, 06:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by slowjoe24
(And the guy's with X-Chargers, are hurtin some folks feelings I'm sure!)
This is 100% untrue. The X-Men are all very polite and always extremely courteous when demonstrating to unaware GT owners that the 4.0 can be a darn good starting point for a performance build
Old 1/1/08, 05:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

That's a good one!!
Old 1/1/08, 05:58 PM
Cobra Member

Couldn't be happier with mine.

Quick Reply: I call it as it is