V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

High speed losing control?

Search this Thread

Old 8/16/05, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When i'm tootin around sometimes and I go over a rough road it feels as if my car is having a seizure all of a sudden, the steering get's really loose and sometimes it's scary, I don't know what is going on, especially pot holes, sometimes the car jerks hard after a pot hole, it just doesn't feel like it should. This also happens when I brake suddenly over a serious of potholes it feels like the brake is failing, the car stops but the peddle seems to go loose all of a sudden, not anti lock brake, it is just weird. Should I be concerned? I am going to bring it up to my dealer when I take it in for her first oil change but don't know what they can do. I'm just comparing this to what my old car used to do (2000 Jetta FWD) over the same scenarios. Is this just the way this car handles the rough stuff or is there something more serious lurking below that I don't know of?
Old 8/16/05, 06:10 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know what you mean. Even though you have the v6 and I have the GT. If the brakes are on and I hit a pothole the ABS kicks in so it feels like the brakes disengage for a brief for second. As for when you are driving, I noticed that when I got the car but I am use to it now. The car liked following ruts compared to my previous vehicles.

I don't think you have anything to be concerned about. Several people have talked about this issue. You will get use to it, eventually.
Old 8/16/05, 07:04 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never noticed a diff, but i drove a GT before my 6 and it had nitto 450's and stiff springs on it, so it bounced around like crazy. My v6 drives like a lexus in comparison.