V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

G-TECH Track Times

Search this Thread

Old 5/6/06, 05:22 AM
MSP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok guys! This is the rules...

1. Must submit best run within 24hrs of accepting challenge..

2. Must be done with extreme caution..

3. All power-adders welcome

4. Must own a 2005 or 2006 Mustang GT or V6..

5. Must take a picture of the G-Tech showing the 1/4 mile ET and Speed..

6. Must use extreme caution..

Ok, the rules are simple.. I will not post any pictures of my G-TECH without first viewing that of the Mustang owner who has accepted the challenge.. At this time, I will have 24hrs to submit my run..

If I am beat during a G-Tech race, I have 24 hrs to submit a better time.. If you post a pic of your time, and I beat you, you will have 24hrs to submit a new picture.. If the loss either way is more than .5, then there will be no chance to re-submit a new time.. Accept the defeat.. Same goes for me.. May the best man win.. Good luck and be safe! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 5/6/06, 06:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am at a loss for words, I am absolutely speechless. This is incredible.

Ok, trying to be serious, the Gtech is not accurate enough. A guy on mustang forums had one, was off by nearly a second.

We could all get an Xbox and meet up on Forza Motorsports!!! LOL.

Take it to the track.
Old 5/6/06, 06:57 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I hope you aren't talking about one of those $30 GTechs that were selling on Ebay a while back(probably still are). Those things are junk IMO. The new Gtechs are pretty darn good. They still aren't as accurate as the track and it's pretty dangerous doing a 1/4 mile run on the street with a car as fast as yours. I hate to "pile on" here but just take it to the track already. You might just enjoy yourself. And don't worry about setting any records. I'm sure your car will be very quick in any event. It would be nice to get a baseline so to speak before you mess with the suspension or get drag radials.
Old 5/6/06, 06:59 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ May 6, 2006, 8:19 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Ok, trying to be serious, the Gtech is not accurate enough. A guy on mustang forums had one, was off by nearly a second.

Take it to the track.
[/b][/quote]

I agree... GTech's are hit and miss at best...

Even if they were 100% accurate it means you would have to be doing 100+ MPH on a PUBLIC STREET which is absolutely STUPID... Take it to the track where it belongs...
Old 5/6/06, 07:07 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ May 6, 2006, 6:19 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Take it to the track.
[/b][/quote]

I agree with taking it to the track. I think someone who relies on dyno numbers exclusively, or some electronic gadget might just be a little afraid to get some real numbers at the track.
Old 5/6/06, 07:31 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigaloz @ May 6, 2006, 9:10 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I agree with taking it to the track. I think someone who relies on dyno numbers exclusively, or some electronic gadget might just be a little afraid to get some real numbers at the track.
[/b][/quote]

....or breaking something....
Old 5/6/06, 10:25 AM

I mean, if you don't want to go to the track thats cool. The track isn't for everyone, just don't talk the talk unless you are willing to walk the walk. If dyno's counted, we would get our hiney handed to us by imports all the time (though some of them will kills us!).
Old 5/6/06, 11:49 AM
GT Member

i figure ill just tell all my neighbors to move there cars off the street and let the kids all sit on the curb for this one. my street is about a 1/4 mile. or i could go inside and take my kids x box! so todd i think my kid has that game when do you want to go on line and race?
Old 5/6/06, 01:15 PM
MSP
Banned

I didnt think they were that far off.. Oh well..
I figured there would be a good reason created..
Dont be speechless Rygen, it was just an idea.. Also, dont make it sound like I am afraid to go to the track.. I live 3hrs from the nearest track.. When I go, I'll let you know.. Dont go overboard man..
Old 5/6/06, 01:36 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrming @ May 6, 2006, 6:02 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I agree... GTech's are hit and miss at best...

Even if they were 100% accurate it means you would have to be doing 100+ MPH on a PUBLIC STREET which is absolutely STUPID... Take it to the track where it belongs...
[/b][/quote]

Interesting! I wonder how fast these cars were going in this video?

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...=0&#entry677794

All this crap only applies to me! LOL! I bet you wont post your nonsense in Evil's thread will you! You telling me these guys didnt hit atleast 120MPH?

Looks like they ate 3rd gear all the way up.. Thats atleast 105, then they ran 4th up quite abit, darn near had to shift..

Lets not try and pretend we are all honest, law abiding citizens.. Its all BS..
Old 5/6/06, 04:31 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ May 6, 2006, 3:18 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I didnt think they were that far off.. Oh well..
I figured there would be a good reason created..
Dont be speechless Rygen, it was just an idea.. Also, dont make it sound like I am afraid to go to the track.. I live 3hrs from the nearest track.. When I go, I'll let you know.. Dont go overboard man..
[/b][/quote]

Does this mean we can't GTech race? Oh Crap! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

All I'm saying man is if you don't want to go, that is fine. Just don't talk smack unless you are prepared to back it up.
Old 5/6/06, 04:33 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ May 6, 2006, 3:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Interesting! I wonder how fast these cars were going in this video?

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...=0&#entry677794

All this crap only applies to me! LOL! I bet you wont post your nonsense in Evil's thread will you! You telling me these guys didnt hit atleast 120MPH?
Looks like they ate 3rd gear all the way up.. Thats atleast 105, then they ran 4th up quite abit, darn near had to shift..

Lets not try and pretend we are all honest, law abiding citizens.. Its all BS..
[/b][/quote]

Nonsense? I think we can all agree 100+ on a public street is not very smart... As far as Evils thread, why would I post on it since I never even seen it! I only read the this forum "2005 V6 Performance". And don't justify bad behavior by pointing out worse behavior... Street racing is stupid and it's usually the innocent bystanders that get killed...

Face it... for what ever reason you refuse to take your car to the track... so whatever.... if you really wanted to go you would go... stop making excuses... Bottom line is you will always have one more "project" to complete before you go... Like I said before, 2800 miles round trip to Olando, so do whine about the track be to far away... My guess you will never run your car at the track...
Old 5/6/06, 05:45 PM
GT Member

and i was already building bleachers for the front yard!
Old 5/7/06, 02:48 PM
Cobra R Member

What you mean they arent accurate? Mine said i ran a 14.86 stock, and when i went to the track i ran a 16.1 the same day lol (and that was the best of the 3 runs that night).

Seriously, we'll all stop buggin you bout it, just go to the track, or dont, just dont keep posting streetkills, or im faster than blah blah, etc.
Old 5/7/06, 05:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Fazm, your track sucks plain out and out. You can launch on pavement, but I bet you cant launch at the track.
Old 5/7/06, 05:55 PM
Cobra R Member

na, cuz i ended up going 15.26 with the same setup a few weeks later. Our track is one of the best in the country, speeds have topped 340mph in top fuel here. I cut a 2.017 60' on the pnero tires at my track with a v6 n/a, most ppl cant even do that with the gt, some with blowers on their gt. Our track is a real track, not asphalt ghetto rigged 1/8th mile track. So its a really good track, just not for street cars lol
Old 5/7/06, 10:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

"Our track is a real track, not asphalt ghetto rigged 1/8th mile track."

Im hurt by this comment. Its not my fault the closest track to me is a ghetto 1/8th mile track. Blame bumble-**** GA and its addiction to racing. I think last time I was at the track there were more bikes and rigged up go-cart/four wheelers than actual cars. Not saying there werent hardcore racers there either. Just stuff you wouldnt exactly find on a legit 1/4 track :P
Old 5/7/06, 10:13 PM
Cobra R Member

we have a 1/4 track (speedworld) that is a little (too) relaxed on the rules. They run dragsters/cars/bikes/ whatever against each other, makes for dangerous situations.
Old 5/7/06, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Fazm
we have a 1/4 track (speedworld) that is a little (too) relaxed on the rules. They run dragsters/cars/bikes/ whatever against each other, makes for dangerous situations.
****, that is not good! I hope they don't let the Jr. Dragsters run against others.
Old 5/7/06, 11:07 PM
Cobra R Member

havent seen the jr dragsters at speedworld yet. But there was a rat rod kind of car there that was racin against others.

Quick Reply: G-TECH Track Times