V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Funny Story: She hates it... I laugh because of it

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/05, 06:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

One of the best running gags I have is all thanks to something a Ford engineer installed in the Mustang - The alarm to notify you that the seatbelt isn't fastened.

It doesn't happen often (maybe once every 2 months or so), but my wife gets running behind sometimes. To get us out of the house faster, she brings her shoes out with her and puts them on in the car.

This sets into motion a chain of events so precise you can set your watch by it. Its' so funny that I can barely keep a strait face while driving. I begin driving and she starts puting her shoes on. The alarm beeps. She sighs. 30 seconds later, it beeps again. She rolls her eyes. Again. Sighs even louder. About 3 minutes of this, and she just can't resist it any longer. This is where the laughing begins. She kicks off the conversation:

"There HAS to be a way to turn that thing off or reduce the amount of time between beeps. It's just ANOYING! You know what? No.... that's it. Next time we take this car in or anywhere NEAR the dealer, they are going to turn that stupid thing off. It's STUPID!"

"Well dear (calmly - struggling to keep a strait face) you know... if you just buckled your seatbelt like you're supposed to, it would stop. Think of it this way... The car is just looking out for your well-being. It wants you to be safe!"

"OH BULLS***! They are turning off that stupid alarm. I can't handle it anymore!"

About this time, we are 5 minutes away from the house, she finally is getting finished putting her shoes on (she takes her sweet time), and it beeps again. She struggles to maintain calm. Then she sits back and whips the seatbelt over and snaps it into the buckle, crosses her arms, and snorts.

"That is just so stupid. We have to turn it off."

"(calmly - on the verge of belly laughing) We're not turning it off dear. It's a 'safty feature'. You need to get your seat belt buckled, and it won't HAVE to warn you."

"What am I supposed to do when I need to put my shoes on hm?"

"I guess you're going to have to make sure you put them on at the house before you leave from now on. That way you can put your seatbelt on when you get in the car, and you'll be safe."

She then sighs and grumbles for a few minutes and then forgets that it ever happened. We have the same conversation nearly every time, and nearly every time she starts I start to crack up. I can't contain the laughter! This is FREE comedy at its best every morning that it happens.

Thank you Mustang... For making me laugh, AND being such a cool car. It's too bad that this always happens on Fridays (casual Friday means she can wear sneekers). I could seriously use it on a Monday to help me get a laugh. Oh well. Beggers can't be choosers.

Old 8/5/05, 06:38 AM
Bullitt Member

On verge of near belly laugh myself, thanks!

EK
Old 8/5/05, 07:24 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by ekessler507@August 5, 2005, 7:41 AM
On verge of near belly laugh myself, thanks!

EK
I was about to find the fuse and pull that thing out because it was the most annoying feature ever. I know not wearing your seatbelt is a bad habbit, but I just can't stand the stupid thing.. it's my life I suppose. Luckily though I just looked through the manual and there is just a sequence of 'seatbelt clicking' you have to do in order to shut it off
Old 8/5/05, 08:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

My husband HATES that as well.... his bright idea??? Find a wrecked mustang, cut the end of the seatbelt off, and snap it into the passenger seat.

I think its funny.... anytime someone is in the seat and it beeps, I calmly say, "Oops, Shelby wants you to buckle up!"

LOL

Old 8/5/05, 08:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Glad I'm not the only one getting a good laugh out of this feature. It's definately a lot of fun and puts red on many people's cheaks when they forget to buckle right away.

Originally posted by iCedOuT297@August 5, 2005, 9:27 AM
I was about to find the fuse and pull that thing out because it was the most annoying feature ever. I know not wearing your seatbelt is a bad habbit, but I just can't stand the stupid thing.. it's my life I suppose. Luckily though I just looked through the manual and there is just a sequence of 'seatbelt clicking' you have to do in order to shut it off
I'm really REALLY torn now. This feature is actually quite nice, in my opinion. I think it's good to know that your passenger isn't wearing their belt. It makes me aware of their negligence and gives me some fuel to make them put it on. It's like riding a motorcycle w/ no helmet. If I ever own a bike, any passenger that rides with me will wear a helmet. If not... You're not riding w/ me. Safty first.

Yet it does bother my wife an awful lot. So do I disable this feature, or just allow her to be bothered by it? I'm more inclined to leave it activated. It makes me aware of when a passenger is being unsafe and NOT wearing a seatbelt.

They just passed laws here in SC that allow Troopers to pull you over if they suspect you aren't wearing a seat belt. There are fines and all. I would hate to get pulled because my passenger isn't wearing a belt and I don't know about it.

Tough decision. If I ask my wife, I know what she'll say. Not sure what to do. :scratch:

I also hate to miss out on this comedy routine.
Old 8/5/05, 08:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

And how would you feel if you had a wreck, and your wife was not buckled up?
I think its a great feature.... reminds people to be safe... Plus, more and more states are becoming seatbelt happy, and are issueing tickets to DRIVERS who do not have their passengers buckled up.

Something to consider.........

Old 8/5/05, 09:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

you can turn it off. its in the manual
Old 8/5/05, 09:41 AM
GT Member

Ok here is another belt story.

We went to visit my family in Virginia. My Dad (who had a stroke when fourty) wanted to take a ride in the Vert. Dad loves cars, he would race funny cars when we were kids and did the work on my brothers cars for the track. My Dad weight around 300 pounds, paralized on the left side. Steve put Dad in the car and put his seat belt on. They went for a ride. They had a great ride and Dad was all smiles until!!! He tried to get out of the seat belt. He was trapped.The stupid belt would not come out so we could get slack to release. He was swetting all over the place as Steve tried to wiggle Dad around to get him out. He was trapped for 45 mins. In the hot 99 degree air. But he laughed the whole time. He was such a good sport about what happened. Anyway we took the car to the dealer and exsplained to them what happened. They told us that the belt was put in to lock like that for Child safty seats. I siad,"Car seats! Is it not against the law to have car seats in the front seat of a car?" How dumb is that? Anyway they replaced it, but my Dad says He will only get into the car if he doesn't have to where that belt.
Old 8/5/05, 10:11 AM
Queen Of Nascar

I wear my seatbelt but I turned mine off within days of purchasing the car because I found it annoying. I also turned off the feature that locks the doors automatically.
Old 8/5/05, 10:19 AM
V6 Member

Go figure now that I just wrote that on the way home today I just got a speeding ticket for going 15 over and a seatbelt ticket. 178.85 + 69.75. I HATE POLICE.
Old 8/5/05, 10:24 AM
GT Member

Sorry Guy!!!!
I'm with you all the way........
Old 8/5/05, 10:28 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Originally posted by iCedOuT297@August 5, 2005, 12:22 PM
Go figure now that I just wrote that on the way home today I just got a speeding ticket for going 15 over and a seatbelt ticket. 178.85 + 69.75. I HATE POLICE.
That stinks. :notnice:
Old 8/5/05, 10:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Lol.. bummer dude, but you gotta admit thats comic irony. I disabled my alarms at one point, but Ive disconnected the battery so many times since then I got tired of doing the ridiclious sequence it takes.

Stanger, you have to disable them one at a time. So you can always disable yours and leave your wifes on
Old 8/5/05, 10:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Sorry to hear about that Nick. Guess that's a sign to start buckling up, eh? Speeding tickets are the WORST. I hate em. Such a painful way for cops to earn revenue. They're not out saving lives with that garbage... just makin' $$$

Stanger, you have to disable them one at a time. So you can always disable yours and leave your wifes on
Oh she would KILL me if she ever found out! HA HA HA! I still haven't told her yet... not sure if I will... Is that lying? I mean.. technically she didn't ask, so.... I'm not lying, right? :clown:
Old 8/5/05, 10:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Zodiac@August 5, 2005, 10:31 AM
Lol.. bummer dude, but you gotta admit thats comic irony.

I was thinking the same thing!
Old 8/5/05, 11:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Exclamation

My boss just got this email LOL How funny since we were just talking about this:

The National Safety Council has determined that if installed properly this new Seat Belt will decrease traffic accidents by 45%.
Old 8/5/05, 11:10 AM
Bullitt Member

OMG that is hylarious! My wife just got some good news today, so now looks like a great time to e-mail that to her... Oh that is great! Thanks Lynell! You made my day! A HA HA HA!
Old 8/5/05, 11:16 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Originally posted by southern_stang_girlee@August 5, 2005, 1:03 PM
My boss just got this email LOL How funny since we were just talking about this:
The National Safety Council has determined that if installed properly this new Seat Belt will decrease traffic accidents by 45%.
Thats a good one.
Old 8/5/05, 11:35 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by iCedOuT297@August 5, 2005, 10:22 AM
I know. Darn police. Enforcing laws and whatnot. They think it's their job or something.
Old 8/5/05, 11:54 AM
GT Member

Lynell,

That toon is great!!! LOL, I will have to have Steve see that one. Concidering that I am sure from time to time that he wishes our seatbelt worked that way. I am a red head. And in the car like here I talk alot. Thanks for the laugh

Quick Reply: Funny Story: She hates it... I laugh because of it