V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Finished Installing my Stage II ProCharger!

Search this Thread

Old 3/6/06, 10:11 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>[/b][/quote]

Are those zip ties holding the valve!
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img]
Old 3/6/06, 10:28 AM

Why would they do that?
Old 3/8/06, 08:30 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(forced @ March 6, 2006, 12:14 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Are those zip ties holding the valve!
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I chose to do that. The actual tubing and valve are just fine. The whole setup rests against the fenderwell, so it won't move anyways. I just did that so I didn't accidentally bash it while I was putting the front back on.

They're gone now.

Ok, I have a few updates. One, RPM Outlet should be drop-shipping the 9 psi pulley tomorrow from ProCharger. I'm not sure what took so long... only that the problem escalated all the way to the sales manager.

Now me, being the impatient one, got on the phone with ProCharger. After picking the tech's brain for about 30 minutes, I finally decided to order the 11 psi pulley! It was only $10 more to next-day air it, so I said what the heck.

Now, keep in mind... this is a true 11 psi pulley, w/o any magical aftercooler psi gain (sorry MSP.... I had to!). So the results should be outstanding.

Before I just slap it on, I have to do a few things. First, I need to figure out EXACTLY how to use this darn software. I'll actually be reading the manual this time... something I haven't done in a while. Second, I need to have my boost gauge installed. I won't be messing with the rev limiter at all, so I just won't be running at WOT until I'm sure it's safe. It may turn out that I can only run the 11 psi pulley at this altitude on pump gas, and I'll have to run the 9 at sea level. We'll see....

After talking with the guys at ProCharger a bit... I found out it is tough on ANY centrifugal S/C when the rev limiter kicks in. He advised against lowering the rev limiter, and just taking it easy on the engine until I can get some data logging done.

As far as the dyno place in the Springs goes... they never called me back. It looks like I'll have to take it to Denver to get some numbers. You guys will have to be easy on me. I can't remember the exact percentage... but you lose a lot of power at this altitude. I think most dynos correct for it by measuring air and such, but my ET on the 1/4 mile will definitely suffer. To compensate for that, I'll have to wait for my first TDY (temporary duty, for you non-military folks) back at sea level to get a good run down. I'll have to use the track here to work on my 60ft and response times.
Old 3/8/06, 10:06 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Flapjack @ March 8, 2006, 10:33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Before I just slap it on, I have to do a few things. First, I need to figure out EXACTLY how to use this darn software. I'll actually be reading the manual this time... something I haven't done in a while.
[/b][/quote]

Dude. Good luck. seriously. lol.

But I do wanna hear how this goes. If you make good power at 9, worth the extra expense of tuning, I may upgrade. I'm fine with 304RWHP at 7 psi, but if you can pull an extra 15 horses per pound, that might get my mouth watering.
Old 3/8/06, 10:31 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Belial @ March 9, 2006, 12:09 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Dude. Good luck. seriously. lol.
But I do wanna hear how this goes. If you make good power at 9, worth the extra expense of tuning, I may upgrade. I'm fine with 304RWHP at 7 psi, but if you can pull an extra 15 horses per pound, that might get my mouth watering.
[/b][/quote]

It's really not an expensive upgrade. $83 for the pulley plus $15 shipping (2-day air). $10 more for next-day.

I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 3/9/06, 07:50 AM
V6 Member

Yeah, it's not the pulley, it's the dyno. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 3/9/06, 08:25 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Belial @ March 9, 2006, 9:53 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yeah, it's not the pulley, it's the dyno. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

No kidding... I'm having a hard time finding a dyno in Colorado Springs. From what I hear, there are 3. The only problem is they're not open to the public.

It's looking more and more like I'm gonna have to drive up to Denver.
Old 3/10/06, 12:58 PM
Cam Tease

I should know this considering I lived in the Springs for five years, but whats the altitude difference between where youre at and Denver? And wouldnt a healthy tune up at Denver turn rich as you dropped altitude on your way home? Though I suppose the MAF will probably adjust for that...right?
Old 3/10/06, 02:19 PM
V6 Member

I dont know the altitude difference between Denver and the Springs but, if Denver is at a higher altitude and he goes back home to a lower altitude, the air would be thicker so he would be getting more air per cylinder the lower altitude he went. Therefore he wouldn't be getting enough fuel and would be running lean.
Old 3/10/06, 03:14 PM
Cam Tease

Ah, yeah I typed the wrong word. Now I feel stupid. I swear, I really do know what rich and lean mean... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 3/10/06, 03:57 PM
V6 Member

Sure you do! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] Yeah I get mixed up sometimes on the little things as well, it happens to the best of us.
Old 3/10/06, 11:35 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AnotherMustangMan @ March 10, 2006, 3:01 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I should know this considering I lived in the Springs for five years, but whats the altitude difference between where youre at and Denver? And wouldnt a healthy tune up at Denver turn rich as you dropped altitude on your way home? Though I suppose the MAF will probably adjust for that...right?
[/b][/quote]

Denver is almost exactly 1 mile (5280 ft). Colorado Springs is 6400 or so.

I'm not sure what Denver is, but I know it's not much more. I think it's about 12 psi exactly.

The MAF should be able to adjust for such a small difference. heck, every time I drive to Denver, I pass through Monument Hill, which is 7300 ft!
Old 3/11/06, 08:23 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Flapjack @ March 10, 2006, 10:38 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Denver is almost exactly 1 mile (5280 ft). Colorado Springs is 6400 or so.

I'm not sure what Denver is, but I know it's not much more. I think it's about 12 psi exactly.

The MAF should be able to adjust for such a small difference. heck, every time I drive to Denver, I pass through Monument Hill, which is 7300 ft!
[/b][/quote]

Not to worry.. In the Diablo Tuner, you will have a Barometric Gauge which is part of the MAF measuring instruments..

Look under the Fuel Data Log, to view it..

When your somplace where you know things are different, look at the data log Realtime display at the Baro readout.. So I wouldnt worry about it too much.. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]