V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Fazm & Drums Track Trip

Search this Thread

Old 2/4/06, 12:38 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last night was my first trip to the track, and it was an awsome experience. Had some trouble launching (was trying to hard), and smoked the tire for like ten seconds down the track a couple times. Fazm has great vids of this especially the last one where we raced eachother. My best time was a 15.16 not to bad, that was actually on my first run. I was hoping to break in to the 14's but they evaded me this time [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] But I will hopefully find em next time. It is definetly time for a posi rear end. The announcer even said as I was trying to get traction going down the track that "apparently the blue mustang isn't runing a posi" ouch! I think Fazm's best was like a 15.05 but he can tell you for sure. It was an awsome time, a good amount of new mustangs there, Fazm beat a 2005 GT Supercharged! (the guy blew a clutch i thinkkk shifting in to second!) But a win is a win! It was an awsome time anyone else in arizona should definetly come meet with us next time.

Tyler
Old 2/4/06, 12:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DrumStyxs10 @ February 4, 2006, 2:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Last night was my first trip to the track, and it was an awsome experience. Had some trouble launching (was trying to hard), and smoked the tire for like ten seconds down the track a couple times. Fazm has great vids of this especially the last one where we raced eachother. My best time was a 15.16 not to bad, that was actually on my first run. I was hoping to break in to the 14's but they evaded me this time [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] But I will hopefully find em next time. It is definetly time for a posi rear end. The announcer even said as I was trying to get traction going down the track that "apparently the blue mustang isn't runing a posi" ouch! I think Fazm's best was like a 15.05 but he can tell you for sure. It was an awsome time, a good amount of new mustangs there, Fazm beat a 2005 GT Supercharged! (the guy blew a clutch i thinkkk shifting in to second!) But a win is a win! It was an awsome time anyone else in arizona should definetly come meet with us next time.

Tyler
[/b][/quote]

Cool man!!! Sounds like it was a blast. So you got some videos comming soon?
Old 2/4/06, 12:49 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ February 4, 2006, 2:47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Cool man!!! Sounds like it was a blast. So you got some videos comming soon?
[/b][/quote]

Fazm took all the vids he will post them when ever he gets on here i hope.
Old 2/4/06, 01:01 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DrumStyxs10 @ February 4, 2006, 2:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Last night was my first trip to the track, and it was an awsome experience. //

The announcer even said as I was trying to get traction going down the track that "apparently the blue mustang isn't runing a posi" ouch! I//
Tyler
[/b][/quote]

LOL! I got a BIG chuckle out of that...only because I've never been to the track and I'll have to the same trouble as you when I finally do go--no t-lok! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

Thanks for the updates, looking forward to seeing some vids and for Fazm to add to your report! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/4/06, 01:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DrumStyxs10 @ February 4, 2006, 3:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Tyler
[/b][/quote]

Good times man! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] I wanted to get to the track today but it's been raining here, they shut the track down. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] Oh well, they are doing test and tune for the next couple of weekends so I'll get my chance.
Old 2/4/06, 02:42 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Sounds like an awesome time!
Do you have the timeslips to scan or post for us to see your trap speeds, 60ft times, 1/8, etc?

Was Fazm running his TT and 3.73's already?
Old 2/4/06, 03:10 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ManEHawke @ February 4, 2006, 4:45 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Sounds like an awesome time!
Do you have the timeslips to scan or post for us to see your trap speeds, 60ft times, 1/8, etc?

Was Fazm running his TT and 3.73's already?
[/b][/quote]

I dont' have a scanner but ill tell you my best was:
RT of .6
60 ft of 2.2
1/8 9.767 @ 72.67
1/4 15.16 @ 88.18

I let up right at the end and this lowered my speed I was a lil nervous cause it was my first time ever. Fazm hadnt put his TT and gears on yet.
Old 2/4/06, 03:36 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DrumStyxs10 @ February 4, 2006, 5:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I dont' have a scanner but ill tell you my best was:
RT of .6
60 ft of 2.2
1/8 9.767 @ 72.67
1/4 15.16 @ 88.18

I let up right at the end and this lowered my speed I was a lil nervous cause it was my first time ever. Fazm hadnt put his TT and gears on yet.
[/b][/quote]

I bet he's doing it "even as we speak" [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/4/06, 03:52 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hambone @ February 4, 2006, 5:39 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I bet he's doing it "even as we speak" [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

I think he was gunna get it done on monday but i could be wrong. It was definetly a good time though.
Old 2/4/06, 04:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DrumStyxs10 @ February 4, 2006, 12:41 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
It was an awsome time anyone else in arizona should definetly come meet with us next time.
[/b][/quote]

I dunno, try to talk me into it. I have a GT but never been drag racing before...you guys go to SIR?
Old 2/4/06, 04:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Ya the track was pretty slippery. Hard to keep the tire (yes one) planted. My best on the night was a 15.02 which was 3 tenths slower then my best lol.

And yes, no tt or 3.73s yet, thats this weekend [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] I'll get the videos up pretty soon, got to get an svideo cable since i lost my rca cable lol.

The 10 second bronco was just bout the coolest thing there.

Ive got the video of me running my 15.02 against the integra type R.
A couple of drum on his own, then one of him racing my car (with my friend driving it).

I also got the 'last' part of a video of me doing a SMOKEY burnout. it was pretty impressive if you ask me lol. Ill try to get those up tonight after my friends wedding reception.

Oh, and when the anouncer said "apparently the blue mustang isn't runing a posi" i just bout died laughing. we'll have to show them whats up the next time we go.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BuzzyStang05 @ February 4, 2006, 5:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I dunno, try to talk me into it. I have a GT but never been drag racing before...you guys go to SIR?
[/b][/quote]

we go to firebird raceway. Its around the corner form me, and he is coming up from tucson so its closer to him. Its a freakin blast. If you come up ill be sure to go again, and bring the camcorder to get some videos.

I just remembered, i have a video of me racing a 2005 supercharged mustang GT. He ran an 18 something. I think he blew his clutch on the 1-2 shift. it sounded really bad.
Old 2/4/06, 04:35 PM
MSP
Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DrumStyxs10 @ February 4, 2006, 11:41 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Tyler
[/b][/quote]

Good job man! Sounds like you two had a blast! Did Fazm run the 2003 Cobra to?

Maybe this summer we can think of a way to hook up..
Old 2/4/06, 04:37 PM
Cobra R Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MSP @ February 4, 2006, 5:38 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Good job man! Sounds like you two had a blast! Did Fazm run the 2003 Cobra to?

Maybe this summer we can think of a way to hook up..
[/b][/quote]

nope no cobra lol, i can only drive 1 there at a time. Got to get the clutch fixed in the cobra before i take it back
Old 2/4/06, 08:24 PM
V6 Member

Gosh danget Fazm i wish i could have joinded the fun...I got there and the dude up front told me i couldn't drag cuz i didn't have pants on doh lol...Needless to say i was pretty pissed!
Old 2/4/06, 11:12 PM
GT Member

Yeah you definetly should have came with us, I think I am going to be going back on the 17th since the girlfriend is in town and she wants to come. We should all three meet up on the 17th if you guys can. Fazm can test out his TT and gears, although he will probably go this weekend. But I would love to go the 17th if you guys are down.
Old 2/5/06, 12:43 AM
V6 Member

Definetely man I will definetely go next time drags roll around...I will prolly head up there the next couple friday's so I'm sure i'll see ya there.
Old 2/5/06, 06:22 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(acstone7 @ February 4, 2006, 10:27 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Gosh danget Fazm i wish i could have joinded the fun...I got there and the dude up front told me i couldn't drag cuz i didn't have pants on doh lol...Needless to say i was pretty pissed!
[/b][/quote]

What did you THINK they meant when they said "drag strip"???? heheh.
Old 2/5/06, 08:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DrumStyxs10 @ February 4, 2006, 11:41 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Tyler
[/b][/quote]

What a hoot! These are great times and I'm sure you'll find yourself into the 14's soon. Great job to both of ya!

I'm really looking forward to taking 'er out to the track... the first test and tune nights at Woodburn dragstrip are in March!
Old 2/5/06, 08:54 AM

sounds like fun!

can't wait to see those vids
Old 2/5/06, 10:56 AM
Cobra R Member

Tryin to get the videos onto my computer right now, but my s-video cable has mysteriously dissapeared so bare with me lol

Quick Reply: Fazm & Drums Track Trip