V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/06, 05:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Went to VMP(Justin Starky) for a dyno session today. Before I even start, lemme say that Justin is extremely thorough and safe with his tunes! He really took his time to make sure it was right.

He did 7 N/A pulls which I was not expecting at all. I ended up with 190RWHP and 220RWTQ. Not the best numbers we've seen but remember I still have the stock exhaust except for the Magnaflow axle-back.

I think he did around 4 nitrous pulls, I lost count, lol. First with a 75 shot and then with a 100 shot. Again, no world records here: 271RWHP and 349RWTQ.

There's a weird dip in the nitrous pulls, there may be a problem with my Zex NMU. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what's up. I didn't see anything like this with scrming or rygen's dyno sheets. It wasn't the tune, that's for sure. Justin didn't hit the juice until 3000rpm. I wanted to try a higher shot but he didn't think it was a good idea. I listened to his voice of reason. I think it's commendable that he wanted to keep the nitrous sane and safe. Like I said, he really took his time with the tunes. He doesn't charge per pull for this reason. He won't stop until he's sure he has the tunes perfected. After about 2 hours into the dyno session, a Lightning and a Terminator Cobra pulled up and they had to wait. Justin didn't feel pressured to finish the tune early. I ended up getting another exterior mod while I was there, I'm so weak! I'll try to get pics of that stuff soon.
Old 3/1/06, 05:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those are great numbers Jimp! You got to run that beast this weekend on the track. I'm gonna re-read your post and then post some more!
Old 3/1/06, 05:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ March 1, 2006, 7:56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Those are great numbers Jimp! You got to run that beast this weekend on the track. I'm gonna re-read your post and then post some more!
[/b][/quote]

Thanks! I probably won't run it this weekend but i will soon.
Old 3/1/06, 05:59 PM
Cam Tease

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing quite like torque eh?
Old 3/1/06, 05:59 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ March 1, 2006, 7:56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Ok man, that dip is odd, its as if you are suddenly not getting enough fuel but I barely know a thing about cars LOL. Talk to Justin, I have heard great things about him. He will know.
Old 3/1/06, 06:00 PM
Bullitt Member

I have been waiting for you to get a dyno [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] Jimp!!! those are very good numbers Nitrous congrats!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Jimp
I wanted to try a higher shot but he didn't think it was a good idea.[/b][/quote]

Holy S**** your not messing around lets do it and letes do it now! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] man this guy sounds good and very fair$$$$

I looked at a lot of dyno's over the last 3 months never seen (dip) that, SCRMING????

I heard you bought some DR's [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

What shot did you want to go to and what did he say? Ok that was a silly question 125 but what did he say?

Congrats again Nice!
Old 3/1/06, 06:00 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AnotherMustangMan @ March 1, 2006, 8:02 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Nothing quite like torque eh?
[/b][/quote]

Gotta agree with you there man.
Old 3/1/06, 06:06 PM
Cobra R Member

It looks like you are gettin too much fuel. At the same time as your dip, its goin sub 10 on the AFR. Im sure the NMU is fine, might just need to tinker with the tune a little more. But then again, i know notin about the zex nmu
Old 3/1/06, 06:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fazm @ March 1, 2006, 8:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
It looks like you are gettin too much fuel. At the same time as your dip, its goin sub 10 on the AFR. Im sure the NMU is fine, might just need to tinker with the tune a little more. But then again, i know notin about the zex nmu
[/b][/quote]

He told me he couldn't lean it out enough with the tune, the fuel jet was too big. There's a fuel pressure drop at that point and he couldn't figure out why. I dunno, maybe I'll go back again when i go to duels and check the nitrous tune again.
Old 3/1/06, 07:20 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJ06 @ March 1, 2006, 8:03 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I have been waiting for you to get a dyno [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] Jimp!!! those are very good numbers Nitrous congrats!!!

Holy S**** your not messing around lets do it and letes do it now! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] man this guy sounds good and very fair$$$$

I looked at a lot of dyno's over the last 3 months never seen (dip) that, SCRMING????

I heard you bought some DR's [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

What shot did you want to go to and what did he say? Ok that was a silly question 125 but what did he say?
Congrats again Nice!
[/b][/quote]

Thanks. He felt like a 125 shot wasn't safe with these engines. I think he's just looking out for his customer. He also said that 300-350RWHP is safer with a blower because it's not the huge jolt that the nitrous is. He also said that he likes the Vortech.
Old 3/1/06, 07:44 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Jimp
Thanks. He felt like a 125 shot wasn't safe with these engines.[/b][/quote]

WOW!!! what do you do when your tuner (respected) tells you something like that? That would let all the air out of me and make me think charger T/C or S/C.

What do you think?

Do you think you will at some point go 125 or does this push you more to a charger?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>He also said that 300-350RWHP is safer with a blower[/b][/quote]

Now that is music to my ears!! Just the fact he said 300-350HP is safe and I am not talking about what he said about the Nitrous just the fact 300-350 HP is safe.

Thanks for that info.
Old 3/1/06, 07:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJ06 @ March 1, 2006, 9:47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
WOW!!! what do you do when your tuner (respected) tells you something like that? That would let all the air out of me and make me think charger T/C or S/C.

What do you think?[/b][/quote]

I don't know. All I care about really is my engine lasting. I don't have to set any records, there's always going to be someone faster. In the back of my mind I'm thinking about getting the turbo and selling the nitrous. Justin did say that he didn't like that turbo, because of the design they run hot. I'm thinking a ram air hood will fix that. Maybe the California Dreamin' hood.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
Do you think you will at some point go 125 or does this push you more to a charger?
Now that is music to my ears!! Just the fact he said 300-350HP is safe and I am not talking about what he said about the Nitrous just the fact 300-350 HP is safe.

Thanks for that info.
[/b][/quote]

I think it's safe on a SC car because you're not always in the boost. You can ride around normal and be at, say, 3-5PSI and that will be plenty of power. Every now and then you get into it and pump up the boost but it comes on slower. It's not that huge jolt to the drive train. A centrifugal SC may be the smartest way to go after all with a stock block.
Old 3/1/06, 08:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Great numbers!
Old 3/1/06, 08:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hamidlmt @ March 1, 2006, 10:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Great numbers!
[/b][/quote]

Thanks man! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06, 08:15 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't know. All I care about really is my engine lasting. I don't have to set any records, there's always going to be someone faster. In the back of my mind I'm thinking about getting the turbo and selling the nitrous. Justin did say that he didn't like that turbo, because of the design they run hot. I'm thinking a ram air hood will fix that. Maybe the California Dreamin' hood.[/b][/quote]

I would talk to Mike on the design and heat issure and get more details and then talk to Justin again see if everyone is on the same page.

Maybe a work around to help just for a little extra cooling the ram air hood like your thinking of or maybe we can duck some air in like they do in Nascar.

I am planing on the CS6 hood but haven't been able to tell if it has real vents where it scoops down where air could get in something like a cowl effect.

Thanks again for the info, more to research and talk to Mike about but I think we will be alright with the T/C he has a lot of R&D and over a year of testing.
Old 3/1/06, 08:19 PM

Hey man, why did he spray at 3000? Did he explain his reasoning? I sprayed at 2500, I wonder how that would look on your car, if at all different. Here is mine for reference:

Heres John's:

And here is yours:

We all spray at different RPM's and I'm wondering what the significance this is to our pulls.
Old 3/1/06, 08:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ March 1, 2006, 10:22 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hey man, why did he spray at 3000? Did he explain his reasoning? I sprayed at 2500, I wonder how that would look on your car, if at all different. Here is mine for reference:
We all spray at different RPM's and I'm wondering what the significance this is to our pulls.
[/b][/quote]

He asked me what rpm to spray at and i told him the instructions say 2500rpm, I guess he was just being safe. Especially with the 100 shot. Yeah i don't know how that would have affected the runs.
Old 3/1/06, 08:31 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlackLX4.0 @ March 1, 2006, 10:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
He asked me what rpm to spray at and i told him the instructions say 2500rpm, I guess he was just being safe. Especially with the 100 shot. Yeah i don't know how that would have affected the runs.
[/b][/quote]

Better safe than sorry. Was just curious, did you notice how early lideo sprays on Johns dyno. Need to ask him about that, I think that may be where the TQ is comming from...not sure. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
Old 3/1/06, 08:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ March 1, 2006, 10:34 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Better safe than sorry. Was just curious, did you notice how early lideo sprays on Johns dyno. Need to ask him about that, I think that may be where the TQ is comming from...not sure. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, that's really too early according to the instructions. John said once that the 4.10s are increasing his torque. Notice his HP is down also.
Old 3/1/06, 09:26 PM
V6 Member

Nice N/A numbers Black! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] man i need a dyno session...... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headbang.gif[/img]

Not to leave out your Nitrous pulls I'm just not very knowledgable about it.....That and i dont wanna be tempted [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] haha

Quick Reply: Dyno results