V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Dual exhaust installed....what ya think?

Search this Thread

Old 7/30/07, 09:21 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jizabel
is it me? or does those mufflers hang low? they look huge under there.
Actually I made that same comment to the original poster on another forum. The mufflers definitely look like they hang lower than mine...
Old 7/31/07, 05:24 AM
V6 Member

The mufflers do not hang any lower than the GT counterpart. You would not notice as much on the GT because the larger bumper hides the mufflers. Otherwise they are exactly the same.
Old 7/31/07, 10:07 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Racer3
The mufflers do not hang any lower than the GT counterpart. You would not notice as much on the GT because the larger bumper hides the mufflers. Otherwise they are exactly the same.
Sorry, but you are wrong, the mufflers do hang lower than most.

Mine...

Old 7/31/07, 08:39 PM
GT Member

pantera72, when you installed your mufflers, did you have to bend them? Has your car been lowered? I'm trying to figure out why yours don't hang as low. Maybe we'll have to meet and look under our cars to see what is different.

I do like the look of yours....I do think mine are lower.
Old 7/31/07, 08:45 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by salsa037
im getting my 6 dualed was it easy to cut the bumper and what did u use...thanks
Use this template to cut your bumper;

http://pysales.com/inst/SFM68-bumper-cutout02.pdf
Old 7/31/07, 10:12 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 07V6STANG
pantera72, when you installed your mufflers, did you have to bend them? Has your car been lowered? I'm trying to figure out why yours don't hang as low. Maybe we'll have to meet and look under our cars to see what is different.

I do like the look of yours....I do think mine are lower.
Nope, i'm not lowered at all. Actually with those big 295/45's out back i'm taller than stock.

I've never really look closely at how the mufflers bolt up. I didn't install my mufflers, so i'm not sure. I will try to get outside under my car in the next few days and see if there is a way to vertically adjust how low the mufflers hang. There must be for yours to be that much lower than mine. I'll post back my findings when i've completed my task. aye aye captain
Old 7/31/07, 10:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey I like Your door panels the welting looks great I keep trying to find some but people here are retired or nearly gone, So I gotta reach out to find me some. The Duals Look Sweet o your Mustang
Old 7/31/07, 10:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

My composite pic of my wife's V6 should settle this discussion.

Top: Original V6 muffler with V6 bumper cover.
Middle: Original V6 muffler with GT bumper cover.
Bottom: GT muffler with GT bumper cover.

Compare the top and middle. Notice how the GT bumper cover is indeed lower than the V6 variant by comparing coverage of the black components (don't know what it is) between the mufflers.....

Also, the rear muffler hangers for both the V6 and GT mufflers are the same. Compare the middle and bottom. The exposed part of the V6 and GT mufflers are basically the same. To me, this says that both mufflers are at the same height.
Attached Thumbnails Dual exhaust installed....what ya think?-4226-4230-4241.jpg  
Old 8/1/07, 06:24 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by pantera72
Nope, i'm not lowered at all. Actually with those big 295/45's out back i'm taller than stock.

I've never really look closely at how the mufflers bolt up. I didn't install my mufflers, so i'm not sure. I will try to get outside under my car in the next few days and see if there is a way to vertically adjust how low the mufflers hang. There must be for yours to be that much lower than mine. I'll post back my findings when i've completed my task. aye aye captain
Did you have yours installed locally? I had a shop that builds race cars install mine.
It would me nice to adjust them so they won't hang so low, but I hope that doesn't mean problems like rattling. Right now, I have heard no problems with mine.
Old 8/1/07, 06:27 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Hey I like Your door panels the welting looks great I keep trying to find some but people here are retired or nearly gone, So I gotta reach out to find me some. The Duals Look Sweet o your Mustang
Thanks!
For your Welts, send this guy a PM. He is a member of this forum. He sells them for $12 that includes shipping.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...t=59506&page=2
Old 8/1/07, 06:30 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Willie
My composite pic of my wife's V6 should settle this discussion.

Top: Original V6 muffler with V6 bumper cover.
Middle: Original V6 muffler with GT bumper cover.
Bottom: GT muffler with GT bumper cover.

Compare the top and middle. Notice how the GT bumper cover is indeed lower than the V6 variant by comparing coverage of the black components (don't know what it is) between the mufflers.....

Also, the rear muffler hangers for both the V6 and GT mufflers are the same. Compare the middle and bottom. The exposed part of the V6 and GT mufflers are basically the same. To me, this says that both mufflers are at the same height.
I think the GT Bumper hangs just a tad lower......but pantera72 has a V6 stock bumper......that's what's so confusing.
Old 8/3/07, 03:50 PM
V6 Member

07V6Stang

Here's a picture of my dual setup. I used OEM pipes/hangers & GT mufflers. They don't look that low to me. Maybe it's the angle the picture was taken from.
Attached Thumbnails Dual exhaust installed....what ya think?-dual_small.jpg